BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Venky's Out **STILL** makes no sense. Venky's "change your ways" is fair enough, but how would the leaving help? It's not like they have anyone to sell us to, so we end up in liquidation. Genius!

'Venkys out' should not be the focus. The focus should simply be highlighting all the mistakes they have made and continue to make. IMO that would be much more embarrassing to the owners.

Plenty of banners...

We're going down - Thanks Venkys

BRFC: From respected to laughing stock in 12 months - Thanks Venkys

"We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run clubs within the Premier League" Anuradha J Desai (19/11/10)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is going to happen now Glen? I am assuming that we wont have the sit in protests now. Will we be allowed bring posters into the ground? Or else smuggle them in. Once that plan was released today (and I am sure was distributed to media outlets) they said they wont allow it. Will you also be telling the same to the media, that you havent been granted permission to protest now?

Plans should be to protest outside the ground now before the match, and to leave before the end of the match to protest outside and to not let up until the Raos are forced to leave through the crowds. The same should apply before the match unless they turn up early with their guests or helicopter in (if its possible) which wouldnt be very pleasing for their visitors.

If Venkys were embarrassed by the defeat at OT when we lost 7-1 - lets make sure we embarrass the f### out of them!!

It seems its the only way to get through!

Spot on - worrying times which could cause MASSIVE problems for us.

That chant is fine. Thats what it should be about, making them realise we NEED Kean out, not getting personal to try and hurt them.

Things like Venkys out....we want our rovers back....stick your chicken up your arse is personal....I dont mind people telling them to sort it out, but its heading the way I expected it to! Its going to turn nasty.

No the point should be 'WE WANT KEAN OUT', NOT we want Venkys out. :angry2:

You can't have it both ways Hughesy. In calling for Kean to be sacked you are implying that Mrs. Desai hadn't got a clue what she was doing when she appointed him. Steve Kean is an employee, Venky's have the power to change things. They have decided not to do so. They didn't want the likes of Sam, John Williams, Tom Finn etc. but they do want Kean and the rest of the motley crew that have got us into this mess. The architects of our downfall reside in Pune and if you are frightened of upsetting them then you might as well stop calling for the head of the manager and just let Desai and Kean get on with it. The bottom line is that they are both responsible for our present plight.

Mc love the club haven't formerly banned anything(just yet) they are trying to get the protest pulled by myself and Glen on the promise of a high level meeting with board members etc. They have said banners before could affect the players. We can have the sit in protest at the end and banners would be allowed just not before the game. If I went into everything you would bored to tears.

In short we had an agreement on Friday and that is what we want and are sticking to.

why take the offer off meeting the club staffs after Kean never meet the fans that he said he was opened to on sky sports news the day after the Arsenal match.

The club are trying hard so we can take their side,we shall do what we need to do a fact dont fall in there trap.

Trust me we won't bow to anything. We have an agreement and we will stick to it! We have stuck by everything we have agreed in the past. It's time they stopped moving the goal posts.

The one thing Glen and I have said we will not let you guys down. Whatever we agree will be in everyones best interests and the betterment of the club going forward! Hence Glens update earlier in the thread. We need to be open and honest with you all. So you can see what is going on and what is being said!

I have read the press release and quite rightly this is aimed at the owners and the manager, not the players....whilst the organisers have not made reference to players being kicked out of the club, some protestors are throwing Jason Roberts in to the mix for good measure (some meaning a small number on twitter and on here).

I am also not questioning the manner of the protests or the protestors, both of which have been exemplary and for that point I think a lot of credit should go to yourself and the other organisers.....I recall I publically commended you on this on twitter glen and I stand by that, respect for the effort you have put in.

In reference to my post, I was asking where people saw this ending.....is it the removal of Kean? Is it a better set up at the club? Is Venkys selling up? Is it in fact an EPL/FA investigation for the club? I don't know how long the anger will remain in the stands.....do you? I was in no way meaning to be disrespectful, I wanted an opionion on the end game so to speak...

theMJDN the end comes when we achieve ours goals. Which is better communication coming out of the club. Where fans can clearly see and understand how the club has and will continue to move forward.

As things stand the removal of SK as manager is the other goal. Which we believe will be more likely to occur if we target Venkys as well.

I will say that if Kean does go and we get the meetings promised then the protests will end sooner rather than later. The club has and is being seriously mis managed. The whole infrastructure internally puts us at serious risk! And explains the mess we are in!

theMJDN the end comes when we achieve ours goals. Which is better communication coming out of the club. Where fans can clearly see and understand how the club has and will continue to move forward.

As things stand the removal of SK as manager is the other goal. Which we believe will be more likely to occur if we target Venkys as well.

I will say that if Kean does go and we get the meetings promised then the protests will end sooner rather than later. The club has and is being seriously mis managed. The whole infrastructure internally puts us at serious risk! And explains the mess we are in!

Great Comments we are all behind you mate,and Glen

can you drop me a email on the forum cheers.

Thank you Simon....that was what I was looking for....my fears of one protest rolling in to another one about seperate issue have been answered.

I wasn't questioning your actions, as having met Williams and Finn on numerous occasions and seen first hand their openness to discuss club issues with fans, the situation at present is so far removed from what we have all been used to, it has become frightening to say the least!

I just feel depressed every day when i think about what has happened to OUR club in the last 12 months. It just makes me sick. They have ruined the club, i said at the time i was very worried, it just didn't feel right. Every decision they have made has been attrocious, the club is suffereing bigtime for it. I dread to think where will be this time next year. VENKY'S OUT

The posts calling Roversmum's credibility into question are unfair, as she, like the rest of those who went to Pune 9, are true Rovers fans. I made some posts that, in hindsight, I wish I had not as it is completely unfair to be suggesting that fellow Rovers fans could be swayed in such a way.

Being angry at such a situation can easily lead to attacking the wrong people, and being unfair and mean-spirited towards them. After the initial anger dies down because someone said something you disagreed with, is it really an acceptable way to behave to a fellow Roverite? I think we all know it is not how we want to be. We all want the best for Rovers, whatever our differences of opinion.

Fellow Rovers fans might say things you don't agree with, but that doesn't mean we should attack the fan.

Don't think I can be bothered with this anymore.

Glenn could copy and paste every single thread on this board every three days and it would be just as relevant as it is now.

Kean Out

Kean Out?

Yeah?

Will they though?

No.

Kean Out!

He's gotta go now.

Has he gone

No.

Kean Out!

Yeah?

Yeah!

Oh Yeah!

Kean Out!

Indian Culture?

Yeah.

Kean Out!

Venkys?

Yeah!

Why did they buy us?

Kean Out!

Any change?

No.

Kean Out!

Gone?

No.

Oh.

Annoying.

Arggggh.

Kean Out!

Going Down.

It seems to me that, that there has been so much bulls**t fed back to India by kean , and some of the doff your cap brigade that because Ewood is being graced by the presence of our regal owners, a lot of that bulls**t is going to blown out of the water on Saturday and the Rao's are going to see things as they are, which will make it very uncomfortable for the doff ur caps.

A4 Pieces of paper can be put in pockets and brought out before during and the end of the game ,and if there are searches to remove these pieces of paper then the press need to be aware of the censorship that is happening at Rovers.

Glen you might also want to have a word with the guy who was sorting out donations for posters , banners etc, got an email saying it was being sorted and not heard anything since, because funds for 5-10,000 A4 printed pieces is easily achievable and does not constitute a "banner'and can be held at chest height without affecting the views of others

Embarrassment for the owners seems to be the only thing they will understand, and as Rovers is now just an advertising vehicle for Venky's all publicity is good publicity , right?

Spot on - worrying times which could cause MASSIVE problems for us.

That chant is fine. Thats what it should be about, making them realise we NEED Kean out, not getting personal to try and hurt them.

Things like Venkys out....we want our rovers back....stick your chicken up your arse is personal....I dont mind people telling them to sort it out, but its heading the way I expected it to! Its going to turn nasty.

I agree

No the point should be 'WE WANT KEAN OUT', NOT we want Venkys out. :angry2:

I agree about not singing ' stick your chickens up your .....' but think chanting 'Venkys out' sends the clearest message we are unhappy with their ternure. Quite frankly I dont think they give a monkeys about people calling for Kean's head as it does not harm their brand. This is why they have allowed the protests to date but arent happy with the one aimed at them.

I agree about not singing ' stick your chickens up your .....' but think chanting 'Venkys out' sends the clearest message we are unhappy with their ternure. Quite frankly I dont think they give a monkeys about people calling for Kean's head as it does not harm their brand. This is why they have allowed the protests to date but arent happy with the one aimed at them.

I couldn't agree more. They were more than happy for fans to protest against Kean because he has become a very handy shield for them. However, once the protests are aimed at Mrs. Desai and the Venky brand it becomes a different ball game. Suddenly their corporate image is being attacked and that, of course, is the only reason they are here, for the the Rovers to help market their brand. Causing them embarrassament in front of their corporate guests is probably the only way that they will start to listen to the fans. It's extremely sad that it has come to this but the club has been in freefall since they arrived and they appear to be clueless about how to turn things around both on and off the pitch.

There is still time for them to rescue the situation but they need to bring in more experienced people at every level of the club. If the club are relegated under their watch I'm afraid it will be the end for them in Blackburn and will do untold long term damage to the club. The simple fact is that Blackburn Rovers needs the revenue from the Premier League and without it the future would be extremely bleak. At the moment the owners don't appear to have grasped this simple fact and seem to think that because they want something to happen - survival - that it will occurr automatically. Sadly, football isn't like that and if they understood the game, as they claim, they would know that the window of opportunity to change things is growing every smaller.

I couldn't agree more. They were more than happy for fans to protest against Kean because he has become a very handy shield for them. However, once the protests are aimed at Mrs. Desai and the Venky brand it becomes a different ball game. Suddenly their corporate image is being attacked and that, of course, is the only reason they are here, for the the Rovers to help market their brand. Causing them embarrassament in front of their corporate guests is probably the only way that they will start to listen to the fans. It's extremely sad that it has come to this but the club has been in freefall since they arrived and they appear to be clueless about how to turn things around both on and off the pitch.

There is still time for them to rescue the situation but they need to bring in more experienced people at every level of the club. If the club are relegated under their watch I'm afraid it will be the end for them in Blackburn and will do untold long term damage to the club. The simple fact is that Blackburn Rovers needs the revenue from the Premier League and without it the future would be extremely bleak. At the moment the owners don't appear to have grasped this simple fact and seem to think that because they want something to happen - survival - that it will occurr automatically. Sadly, football isn't like that and if they understood the game, as they claim, they would know that the window of opportunity to change things is growing every smaller.

Good post and the word Experience stands out to me,

This is what is needed, an experienced chain of command from the top to the bottom,

Currently at Ewood no-one makes decisions and no-one is allowed to make decisions, The manager goes direct to the owners and does not report anything to the board.

Token gestures don't wash, We need a Premier infrastructure for a Premier team and our sights are firmly set now on the Owners,

I find the pro-Kean and pro-Venky supporters to be very infantile like a child who is being told something they don’t want to hear sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting I‘m not listening, I‘m not listening. Maybe it is just a case of blocking out all negatives and sticking head in the sand praying that when their heads are removed everything will be fine.

The rest of us are armed with only logic and reason (numerous great points seemed to have been discussed on this website as a whole) as to why both Kean and Venkys are frankly destroying our club, and although I‘m new to this site, I have yet to find one good reason why Kean should be given more time, instead just platitudes of give him more time, he‘ll turn it round, with absolutely no reason or logic whatsoever.

Thomas Jefferson said “Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.” I think this applies to the Kean/Venky supporters all the reason in the world will never get through to those unwilling to listen. So in simple terms don’t dignify them with response.

So, whether us anti-Kean/anti-Venky fans are the minority or the majority I will say, particularly to the organisers, keep up the good work because if things continue like this and we are watching Rovers in the Evo-stick League Division one north vs. Clitheroe and our children and grandchildren ask us what we did to safe guard the clubs long term future in the top division we can hold our heads up high and say we did everything that we could.

I agree with the poster that said he thinks Kean is feeding back to India loads of nonesense, and thats the reason he is still here.

For this next visit of the owners, I would like to see it made perfectly clear that 'WE WANT KEAN OUT'.....get that message load and clear, in their view and it could have an impact. Start with the Venkys out stuff and you will simply get them hiding away even more and Kean will then have more opportunity to blind them with his words.

Soooooo frustrating!!!

I agree with the poster that said he thinks Kean is feeding back to India loads of nonesense, and thats the reason he is still here.

For this next visit of the owners, I would like to see it made perfectly clear that 'WE WANT KEAN OUT'.....get that message load and clear, in their view and it could have an impact. Start with the Venkys out stuff and you will simply get them hiding away even more and Kean will then have more opportunity to blind them with his words.

Soooooo frustrating!!!

We have tried the Kean Out in each and every protest, but they are not listening. So now its their turn and see how they like us tarnishing their name, they will soon start to listen

Soooooo frustrating!!!

Who appointed him? Who does the buck stop with? Who has turned us into a laughing stock? Who don't attend games? Who are slowly killing our great club? Who don't give a toss about fans? VENKYS ....simples hughsey .

Soooooo frustrating!!!

With respect Hughesy I think you are missing the point. Venky's appointed Kean. Venky's have continued to support Kean. Venky's refused to listen to John Williams or Tom Finn. Venky's are happy to listen to Kean. If they are the astute business people they claim to be they will not be blinded by Kean's words. If they can't see what is happening with their own eyes then it's clear the main problem is not Kean but Venky's. Kean is an employee and Venky's are the employer. The buck stops at the top with Mrs. Desai not Kean. This mess was created in Pune and with the decisions made by Mrs Desai. She has it in her power to change things but continues to make the wrong decisions at every turn. I think an increasing number of fans now recognise that the root of the problem is in Pune and not simply with Kean. Yes Kean has to go but the owners need to get their act together and that message needs to be got across to them. Hopefully, on Saturday it will.

Archived