Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is going to be my banner for Saturday

35784a4496098ca4c60c14303093a8d6_large.jpg

I think its simple, yet effective and deffo gets the message across that they have fcuked it all up

I think the RIP nees to stand out more, maybe solid black would help

Does anyone know who out of the three Venky's was the main person in the negotiations to buy the club?

I assume it was Mrs D.

Think it was "just like a family member" Jerome, argued with himself for a couple of weeks for the buyer and seller and picked up two fees

We have tried the Kean Out in each and every protest, but they are not listening.

THEY have not witnessed any of those Kean out protests though....who knows what is being fed back to them, we have all seen Kean's quotes in the press of a minority or 1%.....THEY need to see it!

THEY have not witnessed any of those Kean out protests though....who knows what is being fed back to them, we have all seen Kean's quotes in the press of a minority or 1%.....THEY need to see it!

they were over for the Arsenal match and they did interviews with the local tv channels whilst here.

I can't believe for a single second they would not have looked at the other protests to see what was happening and just take kean's word for it

this is going to be my banner for Saturday

35784a4496098ca4c60c14303093a8d6_large.jpg

I think its simple, yet effective and deffo gets the message across that they have fcuked it all up

I think the RIP nees to stand out more, maybe solid black would help

I agree about the RIP needing to stand out more.

Also, perhaps shorten the bottom message to "Venkys Killing Our Club".

Shorter and simpler is better.

Hows this one for ya?

0437339c67a32b3b51502fc1f43b8fcd_large.jpg

I prefered your other banner that focused on them being naive and stupid

this one doesn't address much other then saying we are dead when we are not yet, we want Vankys to sack Kean and hope it gets turned around.

Protest against Venkys but focus on there mistakes, beings fool, being lied to, being idiots and ask them to change.

we are not dead.

I prefered your other banner that focused on them being naive and stupid

this one doesn't address much other then saying we are dead when we are not yet, we want Vankys to sack Kean and hope it gets turned around.

Protest against Venkys but focus on there mistakes, beings fool, being lied to, being idiots and ask them to change.

we are not dead.

I'll do a double banner, one side the RIP & the other side the Venkys one. Not a$$ed about any libel stuff. They need to track me down first

I hope that all those intending taking banners have got some tricks up their sleeves in order to actually get them into the ground.

There could be some 'heavy' activity on the turnstiles.

Are they going to try and stop me taking my banner in again like they did last week ??

I hope that all those intending taking banners have got some tricks up their sleeves in order to actually get them into the ground.

There could be some 'heavy' activity on the turnstiles.

• Backroom

Good work Glen and Simon and everyone involved.

My personal thinking on the whole thing has changed recently, the benefit of the doubt can only last so long.

I don't like the 'shove your chicken up your ***' style chanting as it cheapens the whole thing, I also think as hughesy said, Venkys sort it out is currently more applicable than Venkys out.

If their name is chanted at least it will make them take note though.

Good work Glen and Simon and everyone involved.

My personal thinking on the whole thing has changed recently, the benefit of the doubt can only last so long.

I don't like the 'shove your chicken up your ***' style chanting as it cheapens the whole thing, I also think as hughesy said, Venkys sort it out is currently more applicable than Venkys out.

Spot on Tom ,fully agree there with you.

Are they going to try and stop me taking my banner in again like they did last week ??

This has confused me. Are your banners made of paper? If paper and vinyl it should be easy to roll it up and carry it under your clothing.

Your English. So ask yourself, "What would James Bond do?"

Agreed. The vulgarities detract from the argument. "Kean Out" or "Venkys Out" or something similar, without reference to chickens or sexual acts, are most likely to be sympathized with and, more importantly, make the news.

Good Evening All,

Before you read this can I ask that you sit down.

Following further discussions with the club we have had to formerly agree to the fact we cannot display banners during the pre-match protest. Nor are we allowed to take them into the ground during the game. All banners must be handed over upon entry to the ground. They will then have to be collected from the security office in the Blackburn End prior to post match protest.

I have put and an extremely tough argument forward against this following what has been allowed previously and what they are not allowing now. Unfortunately I have been unable to convince them otherwise. The reasons for this I will try and explain below.

The Club and police have had to revisit the agreement made on Friday based upon police intelligence that has been gathered since we formerly released the agreed protest schedule on Sunday Evening.

It has identified that there is significant risk of confrontation from supporters who object to the form of our pre-match protest. I have seen the intelligence report and can verify the document is existence. The use of banners in the pre-match protest is seen too high a risk for various reasons. These include use as weapons, slips, trips and falls caused by banners being of the floor. Fire risk should someone feel the need to set on alight. Other reasons have been put forward which the club and I have agreed to disagree upon.

I will point out that both the police and club say the risk from us is virtually non existent. However they are unable clearly evaluate the seriousness of any potential counter action.

Hence the risk assessment has been re-evaluated and identified the banners during the pre-match protest as High risk. Means the risk management strategy by the club is ban them totally during the pre-match protest and prevent them being taken in the ground by supporters. This is a legal document and therefore we must abide by it.

While my feelings as a fan are to react angrily to this decision we have to show we can rise above whatever is put in our way. I know some of you will come up with counter arguments but the problem I have is mine and Glens name are on this document as protest organisers. Therefore we carry some of the risk for your safety.

On a more positive note we have come up with an idea of a human banner

This idea is to get 20 or more people to do the following. Each person to print out an A4 sheet of paper with a single letter on it spelling one of the following.

VENKYS OUT or KEAN OUT.

We will then issue them within the ground or an agreed meeting point (Brown Cow?) and pin them to people tops. So when we stand side by side we have the human banner.

The protest during the match will follow its current form and so will the post match protest with the exception of some people having to collect the banners after the match form the BBE security office.

I promise you 100% we have not sold you down the river. We have been issued with a legal document and we must abide by it. The high level meeting is still on as agreed with the club. These meeting will continue on regular basis so we can get the answers to fans questions and concerns both now and in the future

Finally can I ask is you all conduct yourselves in the same manner as you have done previously and that has brought praise from sides of the debate.

If you want to discuss the above in more detail then I am quite happy to speak with anyone of you. Send me an inbox message with your number on it, call me on my mobile 07854728758 or send me a text and I’ll call you back.

I have tried to summarise what has been discussed as best I could.

COYB!!!!! RTID!!!

Good Evening All,

Before you read this can I ask that you sit down.

Following further discussions with the club we have had to formerly agree to the fact we cannot display banners during the pre-match protest. Nor are we allowed to take them into the ground during the game. All banners must be handed over upon entry to the ground. They will then have to be collected from the security office in the Blackburn End prior to post match protest.

I have put and an extremely tough argument forward against this following what has been allowed previously and what they are not allowing now. Unfortunately I have been unable to convince them otherwise. The reasons for this I will try and explain below.

The Club and police have had to revisit the agreement made on Friday based upon police intelligence that has been gathered since we formerly released the agreed protest schedule on Sunday Evening.

It has identified that there is significant risk of confrontation from supporters who object to the form of our pre-match protest. I have seen the intelligence report and can verify the document is existence. The use of banners in the pre-match protest is seen too high a risk for various reasons. These include use as weapons, slips, trips and falls caused by banners being of the floor. Fire risk should someone feel the need to set on alight. Other reasons have been put forward which the club and I have agreed to disagree upon.

I will point out that both the police and club say the risk from us is virtually non existent. However they are unable clearly evaluate the seriousness of any potential counter action.

Hence the risk assessment has been re-evaluated and identified the banners during the pre-match protest as High risk. Means the risk management strategy by the club is ban them totally during the pre-match protest and prevent them being taken in the ground by supporters. This is a legal document and therefore we must abide by it.

While my feelings as a fan are to react angrily to this decision we have to show we can rise above whatever is put in our way. I know some of you will come up with counter arguments but the problem I have is mine and Glens name are on this document as protest organisers. Therefore we carry some of the risk for your safety.

On a more positive note we have come up with an idea of a human banner

This idea is to get 20 or more people to do the following. Each person to print out an A4 sheet of paper with a single letter on it spelling one of the following.

VENKYS OUT or KEAN OUT.

We will then issue them within the ground or an agreed meeting point (Brown Cow?) and pin them to people tops. So when we stand side by side we have the human banner.

The protest during the match will follow its current form and so will the post match protest with the exception of some people having to collect the banners after the match form the BBE security office.

I promise you 100% we have not sold you down the river. We have been issued with a legal document and we must abide by it. The high level meeting is still on as agreed with the club. These meeting will continue on regular basis so we can get the answers to fans questions and concerns both now and in the future

Finally can I ask is you all conduct yourselves in the same manner as you have done previously and that has brought praise from sides of the debate.

If you want to discuss the above in more detail then I am quite happy to speak with anyone of you. Send me an inbox message with your number on it, call me on my mobile 07854728758 or send me a text and I’ll call you back.

I have tried to summarise what has been discussed as best I could.

COYB!!!!! RTID!!!

Guys believe me this has been very hard to take on the chin!

They don't want banners and chanting before the match?

Why should we be told how to protest?

If they don't want the owners to see the protests that's exactly what we should do.

Hit them where it hurts and show the banners and chant as soon as they turn up. I've never heard of a protest where the protesters were told by the protested against how they should protest. It's stupid.

EDIT I posted this before I read the above post. They may be able to stop the banners but they can't stop the chants.

They don't want banners and chanting before the match?

Why should we be told how to protest?

If they don't want the owners to see the protests that's exactly what we should do.

Hit them where it hurts and show the banners and chant as soon as they turn up. I've never heard of a protest where the protesters were told by the protested against how they should protest. It's stupid.

Al I honestly couldn't disagree with anything you have said. I am just the messenger who with Glen has to deal with these issues if we want to protest. Its not ideal in fact its far from ideal. But they have placed a legal document on the table and i have no other option but to go along with and come up with a way around it. Hence the HUMAN BANNER Idea.

I will just add to what Simon has written.

He has spent all day negotiating with the Police and the Club, and put across every argument possible, however once they produced the legal document, we was bound by it.

However lets not allow this to spoil the momentum the best way to counteract no banners is to have more people taking part in the pre-match and after match protest and let our voices be heard.

We will of course issue a press release stating that banners have been banned from the pre-match protests, and explain the circumstances surrounding the ban

Are people allowed to take in A4 or A3 sheets with slogans written on them? If they are stopping banners on a health and safety basis then they have to give you the maximum acceptable dimensions for banners.

This is a clear attempt by the club to insulate the owners from the full force of the protest, I know they are even talking about not coming on Saturday due to the protests.

Archived