SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

That's shocking IMO (not a dig at Glen and Si I know they are doing what they can)

The way I see it is a confirmation that the owners will be present however they will obviously be in the box before the game, inside the boxes aren't they pretty much soundproof with an option to turn up the noise from outside?

Therefore if there are no banners all the owners may see is a group of fans in the stands.

I can guess who at Ewood had a say in this.

Are people allowed to take in A4 or A3 sheets with slogans written on them?

This is a clear attempt by the club to insulate the owners from the full force of the protest, I know they are even talking about not coming on Saturday due to the protests.

Kamy I will say this if they are pinned to your clothing they will allow the in :glare:

Those comments were written before my edit.

What I would say now is that as many newspapers as possible should be given the story that the club is resorting to legal action to silence the fans.

Are people allowed to take in A4 or A3 sheets with slogans written on them?

This is a clear attempt by the club to insulate the owners from the full force of the protest, I know they are even talking about not coming on Saturday due to the protests.

A4 can be attached to your T-shirts ect ect, and someone has kindly already started making 700, which can be collected from the brown cow for 13.00 on Saturday.

If we aint holding banners we can at least sing louder,

The problem with trying to stifle organized protests is that you often get unorganized protests, which is much more vehement and much harder to control.

If I may ask, was the police 'source' as to a 'high' risk of counter-protesting in anyway connected to the Club or Venkys. In other words, did person(s) X contact the club and the Club then turned it over to the police? If so, I would be very suspicious of the reliability of that information.

T shirts, A4 posters, red cards etc can all make protest very highly visible, perhaps even more so if the protesters group themselves close together.

I think the club have made a huge mistake here and face an even bigger backlash - attitudes will harden.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 'intelligence' is as flimsy as the Iraq war (WMD) 'intelligence'.

IMO, how far the club and its incompetent and naive administrators have fallen.

The problem with trying to stifle organized protests is that you often get unorganized protests, which is much more vehement and much harder to control.

If I may ask, was the police 'source' as to a 'high' risk of counter-protesting in anyway connected to the Club or Venkys. In other words, did person(s) X contact the club and the Club then turned it over to the police? If so, I would be very suspicious of the reliability of that information.

The police source is from theere intelligence unit scanning various forums, web pages, twitter and other intel.

I know its hard to take it on the chin, but we must take the positives from this and remain focused.

The press will be in contact with Simon and I over the next few days and will ask what the plans are for the weekend, and of course we will give them the full details so they know what to expect come Saturday.

This move may also see more people take part in the protest and will raise the roof at Ewood,

I'm on Sportstonight tv tonight around 21.40 where we will be discussing Rovers and they may ask what the plans are for the weekend.

In addition I'm on Radio Lancashire Between 18.00 and 19.00 tomorrow night with an anti protestor, whilst Simon Garner and Chris Sutton will also be getting involved, The protest will be discussed at length as will the conditions which have been legally imposed on us.

So let me get this right, if I protest before the game, and believe me if I will do it with or without a banner there is a risk of violence towards me?

If this is the case then the owners must vacate the club before Satuday. The situation they have got the club in is completely shameful.

I will be making even louder anti-Venkean noises now for sure.

Bring it on...

This is Ewood not some third world slum you backward idiots.

I sit in the Blackburn End Upper Tier. I doubt many will stay behind up there. Will the stewards let me in to protest in the lower tier?

King Kenny yes they will let you in the lower tier after the match as they did at the previous sit in

Glenn9Mullah not happy with the club doing a U-turn with out the banners mate we may lose the fans for the protest and are we allowed to bring them in at the end of the match, I bet the venkys informed the club to block banners.

cant you post the link of your show tonight,as I cant view it as I have not got the channels

• Backroom

An absolutely horrific decision by the club that may backfire spectacularly. I'm sure Sky and other media outlets would be interested to hear that the club is desperately trying to silence its own fans under the laughable pretense of health and safety.

so basically people have to make their way out the ground, queue up at the BBE security office, get their banner, go back into the ground and then start a protest...dear oh dear :(

Are people allowed in the BBE for the pre-match protest who aren't sitting in there for the match?

I'd be interested to know if this 'intel' was a direct result of the argument in N04 against Spurs. The banner was ill timed and angered many around - however these were not pro-Kean supporters but believed it was not the right time to be negative and support would have been a better reaction.

I can't image there is a pro-Kean fan club and it sounds like excuses for the banner ban.

With the conditions imposed, i believe the most visual and thought provoking response would be to hold a silent protest with bandages around the mouths. Not only would this look significant within the papers, but also gain outside support for your (and our) cause due to these restrictions.

so basically people have to make their way out the ground, queue up at the BBE security office, get their banner, go back into the ground and then start a protest...dear oh dear :(

Are people allowed in the BBE for the pre-match protest who aren't sitting in there for the match?

No you will have to protest in the area of the ground you reside during the match. so the more we get the better the effect

I'd be interested to know if this 'intel' was a direct result of the argument in N04 against Spurs. The banner was ill timed and angered many around - however these were not pro-Kean supporters but believed it was not the right time to be negative and support would have been a better reaction.

I can't image there is a pro-Kean fan club and it sounds like excuses for the banner ban.

With the conditions imposed, i believe the most visual and thought provoking response would be to hold a silent protest with bandages around the mouths. Not only would this look significant within the papers, but also gain outside support for your (and our) cause due to these restrictions.

No, this intel was, in my opinion manufactured by the cowards who are an excuse for owners Of BRFC, they are a disgrace not only to the Football club but to the many decent Indian people!!

This will come back to bite them big style!

Archived