BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

I think we should stop complaining and try to humour the situation by all wearing Colonel Sanders masks and waving KFC bargain buckets in the air. If they wanted advertisement through taking the piddle out of our beloved club, we should turn the tables and advertise their competitor.

...I know it's a seriously flawed plan because they supply KFC :angry: .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should stop complaining and try to humour the situation by all wearing Colonel Sanders masks and waving KFC bargain buckets in the air. If they wanted advertisement through taking the piddle out of our beloved club, we should turn the tables and advertise their competitor.

...I know it's a seriously flawed plan because they supply KFC :angry: .

Hehe that made me chuckle, sometimes outrageous ideas are the best ones

Hehe that made me chuckle, sometimes outrageous ideas are the best ones

I think it would genuinely ###### them off. It's kind of a silent protest with the obvious connotations speaking volumes.

I'd imaging KFC would be forthcoming with empty bargain buckets too!

Let's not bring the national flag into it, someone even suggested burning one FFS.

That was Kamy. No effin need for that at all.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Kamy who suggested that as I remember posting it.

As many on here have posted the protest's won't get any where until you get it in the Indian press. Regardless of how you feel about it all the end result at Liverpool was that they got a brand new US owner and serious investment. The burning of the American flag hit the US press well and before that, there was next to nothing, a simple ggogle fu search shows that was the case.

Just as the club are using extremes to try and stifle the protest, then the protest may need extremes to achieve it's goal.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Kamy who suggested that as I remember posting it.

As many on here have posted the protest's won't get any where until you get it in the Indian press. Regardless of how you feel about it all the end result at Liverpool was that they got a brand new US owner and serious investment. The burning of the American flag hit the US press well and before that, there was next to nothing, a simple ggogle fu search shows that was the case.

Just as the club are using extremes to try and stifle the protest, then the protest may need extremes to achieve it's goal.

The day our fanbase does something like the Liverpool fans did is the day I stop being a fan of Blackburn Rovers. The burning of the American flag was an utter disgrace. If some idiot burns the Indian flag I'd done - I don't want to be associated with people like that.

Apparently you should Never point with a single finger or two fingers in some Indian cultures (Hindu I think) it is considered disrespectful, uhmmm now there's a thought unless Venkys have ordered their goons to chop hands off which wouldn't surprise me. They see Rovers supporters as scum so perhaps its time to act like it

If there is anybody planning to get a few thousand A4 sheets of paper printed off ? (legally they are not banners), I am quite happy to contribute to the costs

I reckon you could cover the costs of a small plane to fly over Ewood with banner if you asked people to contribute. Just saying...

There is currently a paypal account that has been set up by Simon for donations, one of the reasons for this, was to perhaps have the small plane fly over, the other was to have good banners made when needed, I'm sure Simon will post the details on here when he reads this post, if he reads it

I am no expert on the Indian chicken industry but found these 2 companies that appear to be Venky's competitors:

ALCHEMIST

GODREJ

If I am wrong, somebody must know who Venky's biggest competitiors are.

How about singing pro Alchemist and Godrej (whoever else is Venky's main competition) songs throughout the Chelsea game. Not many people will understand what is being sung but the Venky's (if they are in attendance) and Indian TV will get the message, loud and clear.

Edit: Found another one SUGUNA

The day our fanbase does something like the Liverpool fans did is the day I stop being a fan of Blackburn Rovers. The burning of the American flag was an utter disgrace. If some idiot burns the Indian flag I'd done - I don't want to be associated with people like that.

I will second that. It would be an utter embarrassment for the entire club and its fanbase. Simply not worth it.

I will second that. It would be an utter embarrassment for the entire club and its fanbase. Simply not worth it.

The owners have already got the "utter embarrasement for the entire club and its fanbase" bit covered in just 12 months , so kudos to them

Yeah, somehow I think actually getting behind the team might be a better idea than chanting the names of two ###### Indian chicken 'chains'. Please, come on.

Oh yeah, the team, got it. How remiss of me to forget to include backing the team :rolleyes:

Backing the team is a given!!! Why do people assume that those who give a sh*t enough to try and do something don't support the team??? Why else would we follow Rovers - for the quality of the Bovril or the nice carpets in the boardroom??

Supporting the team is why we care so much that the team and the club is in such a sh*t state at the moment. Whilst performances may or may not be good "the team" has only won one game this season and 19.35% since Kean took over (that should not be acceptable to the likes of Grimsby let alone Rovers). Kean is the manager so he carries the can for results, Venky's employed him so they carry the can for that decision and his continued employment.

For the benefit of those that can't seem to separate supporting the team whilst also expressing displeasure at the clubs plight, my earlier post should have included the following caveat:

Remember to support the team at every opportune moment, celebrate any goals, good passages of play and generally show your support with the usual COYB, we love you Rovers etc etc etc. If you do happen to blurt out any anti venky/anti kean chants be sure to apologise profusely to any fans around you with their "heads buried in the sand". They might get upset you know.

The one chance in months to air dissatisfaction to the Venky's for allowing Kean to still be in a job (I hasten to add, as mentioned in my earlier post - IF THEY ARE IN ATTENDANCE) should be grasped fully.

It also seems that there is some strange belief that the protests are causing embarrassment to the club. That is what Kean and Venky's would have you believe. The fact is the club is already well and truly in full 'joke club' mode.

Liverpool burned an American flag? I didn't know that.

Until this moment I was a bit amused at football's regional rivalries, but now I've a real reason to be irritated with Liverpool. I respect the English flag and the flags of all our allies.

However, I've an uncle who owns a Liverpool shirt and likes to watch their games. But he's also a foaming at the mouth patriot (as are all men of character, regardless of nation). When I tell him the news, I'm fairly sure he'll torch his Liverpool shirt at the next family BBQ. Which means he'll be without a team to root for and, perhaps, I can convert him to the Rovers. :rover:

And on that note, I highly recommend against burning or desecrating the flags of any nation by way of protest. I'm sure it will get attention, but it will be highly negative attention.

There is currently a paypal account that has been set up by Simon for donations, one of the reasons for this, was to perhaps have the small plane fly over, the other was to have good banners made when needed, I'm sure Simon will post the details on here when he reads this post, if he reads it

Here we go guys the PAYPAL account is stevekeanout@aol.co.uk. Please make sure you keep a record of your donation. Just in case I have reimburse your money!

I don't get it. I. Just. Do. Not. Get. It.

I can't for the life of me understand this Egg-Shell tredding mentality from some on here, that determines what we can and can't chant to show our utter bemusement at Venky's criminally irresponsible handling of OUR Rovers. What bloody considerations have they shown us, the supporters, in this miserable 12-month nightmare? We've been lied to repeatedly, frequently subjected to some of the most forgettable performances come matchday's and had our enthusiasm squashed under the weight of lorry-loads of contempt from them and their mealy-mouthed patsy - Steve Kean.

Their's only so much p*ss-taking one can take, and frankly I've had a sodding belly-ful. :angry2:

I'm sick too the back teeth of reading about Venky's "good intent" and how they "mean well", as if that in some way trivializes their downright negligence. We were fed this bull when they arrived and those well-documented intentions have either yet to materialise or ultimately amounted to a hill of beans. Batches of promises violated time and again. Revised, then violated again. The structure of the club over-hauled beyond recognition; to absolutely no avail. The truth is they inherited an aspirational recipe for sustained Premier League success and replaced the divine ingredients with Dog Meat. This, despite the promise of "full support" for the existing "chairman" and "management team".

Venky's have lied constantly, it's that simple. Fittingly, so has Kean. But lets not kid ourselves that all the clubs woes will suddenly dissappear like a fart in the wind when Kean departs. Venky's have displayed time and again ill-judgement and whilst a better qualified manager will restore some of the credibility that has evaporated into the skies above Ewood in this treachery-plagued year-long chapter of BRFC, it won't change Venky's habit's of, what feels like, a lifetime. The damage they have inflicted, some of which has proved irrepairable, is their for all to see, just watch bburn4eva's brilliant Youtube compilation if you need a reminder - detailed and damning in equal measure.

Come Saturday, I'll be there in the Blackburn End post-match, after I've made my way from my seat in the Riverside. I'll be in full-voice and if those who care passionately enough to make a stand humiliate the infuriatingly oblivious and equally obnoxious Despot Desai, her imbecilic brothers and their fawning entourage - then tough bloody toe-nails! They should have thought about the repercussions before taking a sledge-hammer to this once proud club, wrecking it's mechanics and dragging it's name through the mud.

They've got away damned lightly thus far - with the beleaguered Kean shouldering much of the flack - but the turrets of anger will hopefully point in Venky's direction on Saturday. Fingers crossed a vehement display of dis-content finally overwhelms their infantile "ignorance is bliss" mantra (which I see has once again reared it's ugly head, with their lily-livered skul-duggery tactics in an attempt to dilute the effect of the protestors :rolleyes: ) because things can not go on as they are.

Ultimately, I along with many more just want my Rovers back. The warm little town club that put much stock in supporter satisfaction and success on the pitch. Free of complications and tossers, but full of enjoyment. What I'd give to go back to the order of 12 months ago...

It also seems that there is some strange belief that the protests are causing embarrassment to the club. That is what Kean and Venky's would have you believe. The fact is the club is already well and truly in full 'joke club' mode.

Not necessarily:

Try as I might, I cannot come up with one good reason why Kean should find himself under any more pressure than Coyle or Martinez. What's more, I think Blackburn have looked by far the best of the three sides this season and are actually a tad unfortunate to be where they are.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderers/7283466/Mark-s-Monday-Moan-Cut-Kean-some-slack

The demonisation of Steve Kean grows ever more perverse.................................................................. For this likeable but luckless manager, there is no pleasing some people.

There is little questioning Blackburn’s desire, either. Kean and his men demonstrate admirable fortitude in adversity, but this is a result that could come back to bite them —

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8858591/Blackburn-Rovers-manager-Steve-Kean-laments-late-Norwich-City-resolve-as-his-side-let-it-slip-at-the-last.html

"You feel for Steve Kean because when they were 3-1 up they were so comfortable and playing so well."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12383_7275773,00.html

But there were still signs at Carrow Road that progress might not be too far away. Not least in the industry of the Blackburn players.

"If that's a bunch of players that are not giving their manager enough I beg to differ," Paul Lambert said, generously deadpan after a point earned as much through perseverance as inspiration. "They are a really good team. The demonstrations don't help the team, they don't help Steve, they don't help the players. I hope he gets the chance to push on."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/30/steve-kean-blackburn-norwich

Rovers day trippers who ventured to East Anglia with ‘Kean Out’ banners never saw fit to unfurl them – because Blackburn’s performance spoke volumes for their belief in a beleaguered manager.

“After we lost against Tottenham last week, Harry Redknapp said we looked like a team pulling for their manager and it was the same thing here – we stuck together.”

Before any more Rovers dissidents rustle up placards, or scrawl any more anti-Kean propaganda, consider these facts. Blackburn’s last clean sheet may have been six months ago, but in those 17 games Kean has presided over six wins, five draws and six defeats. Hardly the stuff of burning effigies.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/HT-Norwich-0-1-Blackburn-Junior-Hoilett-gives-Rovers-edge-article824494.html

But the indications are strong that Blackburn will lift themselves out of the mire.

Before the contentious decision robbed them of the win, Rovers had performed in a manner that belied their lowly position, got into a 3-1 winning position and looked good for a win.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/280799/Norwich-3-Blackburn-3-Yakubu-sure-Rovers-will-get-the-luck-

i really hope the sit is goes well, but i can see it being very, very poorly attended.

we have seen the low numbers in the Blackburn end after the game, to have that amount or slightly more spread all around the ground will look less than Keans 1%.

i commend and agree with you Glenn on all your doing, but 90% of rovers fans turn up 5 mins before kick off.

Unforunately this message board is not reprsentative of a pretty large section of the fanbase.

I can tell you now that there will be many fans that will be absolutely delighted that 'the club' has decided to clamp down on the protests and 'those stupid banners', that are 'just embarassing' and 'bad for the team' and so on.

Divide and rule, my friends.

Is anyone out there rich enough to charter a small plane to fly over Ewood on sat trailing the biggest possible 'KEAN OUT, VENKY'S OUT' banner?

In these circumstances, it would be absolutely priceless but it would be best to keep it quiet just in case venky's try to create a no fly zone on the grounds of health & safety - for example, a pidgeon might get injured!

Good idea, or maybe we can hire one of those Zeppelin things, and let it up on the hill behind the Walkersteel Stand - it can bob and float around all match and will be in perfect view of most int he Jack Walker, BBE and Darwen End - more importantly all the posh toffs in the directors box will be able to view it !

Unforunately this message board is not reprsentative of a pretty large section of the fanbase.

I can tell you now that there will be many fans that will be absolutely delighted that 'the club' has decided to clamp down on the protests and 'those stupid banners', that are 'just embarassing' and 'bad for the team' and so on.

Divide and rule, my friends.

I personally know dozens and dozens of Rovers fans and not one of them come into such a category. All are anti-Kean and the majority anti-Venkys.

Here we go guys the PAYPAL account is stevekeanout@aol.co.uk. Please make sure you keep a record of your donation. Just in case I have reimburse your money!

£25 on its way.

Archived