BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Try as I might, I cannot come up with one good reason why Kean should find himself under any more pressure than Coyle or Martinez. What's more, I think Blackburn have looked by far the best of the three sides this season and are actually a tad unfortunate to be where they are.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderers/7283466/Mark-s-Monday-Moan-Cut-Kean-some-slack

Martinez played 98 won 24 drawn 28 lost 46 win% 24.49%

Coyle played 82 won 28 drawn 15 lost 39 win% 34.15%

Kean played 31 won 6 drawn 10 lost 15 win% of 19.35%

Obviously didn’t try very hard there did you. Plus the other two all have pedigree and success with other clubs. Kean has no such pedigree and is a number 2 or 3 at best.

But let me turn this on you rather than give reasons as to why Kean is useless (see above). What possible reason do you have for having faith in him? Is it the head in the sand mentality that everything will be ok. Wish I could share your optimism but whilst we were unlucky to lose to spurs and draw with Norwich you could also say we were lucky to beat arsenal and draw with Fulham.

Also we may have looked the best of the 3 sides but remember 3 still go down. Getting relegated as 3rd bottom should be of no consolation.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not necessarily:

Try as I might, I cannot come up with one good reason why Kean should find himself under any more pressure than Coyle or Martinez. What's more, I think Blackburn have looked by far the best of the three sides this season and are actually a tad unfortunate to be where they are.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderers/7283466/Mark-s-Monday-Moan-Cut-Kean-some-slack

The demonisation of Steve Kean grows ever more perverse.................................................................. For this likeable but luckless manager, there is no pleasing some people.

There is little questioning Blackburn’s desire, either. Kean and his men demonstrate admirable fortitude in adversity, but this is a result that could come back to bite them —

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8858591/Blackburn-Rovers-manager-Steve-Kean-laments-late-Norwich-City-resolve-as-his-side-let-it-slip-at-the-last.html

"You feel for Steve Kean because when they were 3-1 up they were so comfortable and playing so well."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12383_7275773,00.html

But there were still signs at Carrow Road that progress might not be too far away. Not least in the industry of the Blackburn players.

"If that's a bunch of players that are not giving their manager enough I beg to differ," Paul Lambert said, generously deadpan after a point earned as much through perseverance as inspiration. "They are a really good team. The demonstrations don't help the team, they don't help Steve, they don't help the players. I hope he gets the chance to push on."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/30/steve-kean-blackburn-norwich

Rovers day trippers who ventured to East Anglia with ‘Kean Out’ banners never saw fit to unfurl them – because Blackburn’s performance spoke volumes for their belief in a beleaguered manager.

“After we lost against Tottenham last week, Harry Redknapp said we looked like a team pulling for their manager and it was the same thing here – we stuck together.”

Before any more Rovers dissidents rustle up placards, or scrawl any more anti-Kean propaganda, consider these facts. Blackburn’s last clean sheet may have been six months ago, but in those 17 games Kean has presided over six wins, five draws and six defeats. Hardly the stuff of burning effigies.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/HT-Norwich-0-1-Blackburn-Junior-Hoilett-gives-Rovers-edge-article824494.html

But the indications are strong that Blackburn will lift themselves out of the mire.

Before the contentious decision robbed them of the win, Rovers had performed in a manner that belied their lowly position, got into a 3-1 winning position and looked good for a win.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/280799/Norwich-3-Blackburn-3-Yakubu-sure-Rovers-will-get-the-luck-

Wow, if anyone needed proof of how utterly clueless the media is... there we go, in one post :lol: "Try as I might, I cannot come up with one good reason why Kean should find himself under any more pressure than Coyle or Martinez"... this chump obviously isn't trying very hard, or did he only start watching Premier League football at the start of the 2011/2012 season?

I don't get it. I. Just. Do. Not. Get. It.

I can't for the life of me understand this Egg-Shell tredding mentality from some on here, that determines what we can and can't chant to show our utter bemusement at Venky's criminally irresponsible handling of OUR Rovers. What bloody considerations have they shown us, the supporters, in this miserable 12-month nightmare? We've been lied to repeatedly, frequently subjected to some of the most forgettable performances come matchday's and had our enthusiasm squashed under the weight of lorry-loads of contempt from them and their mealy-mouthed patsy - Steve Kean.

Their's only so much p*ss-taking one can take, and frankly I've had a sodding belly-ful. :angry2:

I'm sick too the back teeth of reading about Venky's "good intent" and how they "mean well", as if that in some way trivializes their downright negligence. We were fed this bull when they arrived and those well-documented intentions have either yet to materialise or ultimately amounted to a hill of beans. Batches of promises violated time and again. Revised, then violated again. The structure of the club over-hauled beyond recognition; to absolutely no avail. The truth is they inherited an aspirational recipe for sustained Premier League success and replaced the divine ingredients with Dog Meat. This, despite the promise of "full support" for the existing "chairman" and "management team".

Venky's have lied constantly, it's that simple. Fittingly, so has Kean. But lets not kid ourselves that all the clubs woes will suddenly dissappear like a fart in the wind when Kean departs. Venky's have displayed time and again ill-judgement and whilst a better qualified manager will restore some of the credibility that has evaporated into the skies above Ewood in this treachery-plagued year-long chapter of BRFC, it won't change Venky's habit's of, what feels like, a lifetime. The damage they have inflicted, some of which has proved irrepairable, is their for all to see, just watch bburn4eva's brilliant Youtube compilation if you need a reminder - detailed and damning in equal measure.

Come Saturday, I'll be there in the Blackburn End post-match, after I've made my way from my seat in the Riverside. I'll be in full-voice and if those who care passionately enough to make a stand humiliate the infuriatingly oblivious and equally obnoxious Despot Desai, her imbecilic brothers and their fawning entourage - then tough bloody toe-nails! They should have thought about the repercussions before taking a sledge-hammer to this once proud club, wrecking it's mechanics and dragging it's name through the mud.

They've got away damned lightly thus far - with the beleaguered Kean shouldering much of the flack - but the turrets of anger will hopefully point in Venky's direction on Saturday. Fingers crossed a vehement display of dis-content finally overwhelms their infantile "ignorance is bliss" mantra (which I see has once again reared it's ugly head, with their lily-livered skul-duggery tactics in an attempt to dilute the effect of the protestors :rolleyes: ) because things can not go on as they are.

Ultimately, I along with many more just want my Rovers back. The warm little town club that put much stock in supporter satisfaction and success on the pitch. Free of complications and tossers, but full of enjoyment. What I'd give to go back to the order of 12 months ago...

Excellent post. As I have said before I find it incredulous that we are being told by the club how we are allowed to protest. It's just ridiculous. Protesters should call the tune. Not the club.

Not necessarily:

The demonisation of Steve Kean grows ever more perverse.................................................................. For this likeable but luckless manager, there is no pleasing some people.

There is little questioning Blackburn’s desire, either. Kean and his men demonstrate admirable fortitude in adversity, but this is a result that could come back to bite them —

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8858591/Blackburn-Rovers-manager-Steve-Kean-laments-late-Norwich-City-resolve-as-his-side-let-it-slip-at-the-last.html

"You feel for Steve Kean because when they were 3-1 up they were so comfortable and playing so well."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12383_7275773,00.html

But there were still signs at Carrow Road that progress might not be too far away. Not least in the industry of the Blackburn players.

"If that's a bunch of players that are not giving their manager enough I beg to differ," Paul Lambert said, generously deadpan after a point earned as much through perseverance as inspiration. "They are a really good team. The demonstrations don't help the team, they don't help Steve, they don't help the players. I hope he gets the chance to push on."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/30/steve-kean-blackburn-norwich

Rovers day trippers who ventured to East Anglia with ‘Kean Out’ banners never saw fit to unfurl them – because Blackburn’s performance spoke volumes for their belief in a beleaguered manager.

“After we lost against Tottenham last week, Harry Redknapp said we looked like a team pulling for their manager and it was the same thing here – we stuck together.”

Before any more Rovers dissidents rustle up placards, or scrawl any more anti-Kean propaganda, consider these facts. Blackburn’s last clean sheet may have been six months ago, but in those 17 games Kean has presided over six wins, five draws and six defeats. Hardly the stuff of burning effigies.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/HT-Norwich-0-1-Blackburn-Junior-Hoilett-gives-Rovers-edge-article824494.html

But the indications are strong that Blackburn will lift themselves out of the mire.

Before the contentious decision robbed them of the win, Rovers had performed in a manner that belied their lowly position, got into a 3-1 winning position and looked good for a win.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/280799/Norwich-3-Blackburn-3-Yakubu-sure-Rovers-will-get-the-luck-

Biggest load of crap I've seen for a long while. You were not really serious were you?

Excellent post. As I have said before I find it incredulous that we are being told by the club how we are allowed to protest. It's just ridiculous. Protesters should call the tune. Not the club.

I was thinking of digging my season tickets out at the prospect of a riot.

With the club adopting the role of a paramilitary junta first attempting to drown out own fans by playing music ridiculously loud and now unbelievably trying to ban banners. Never in my life have I heard of an entity people are protesting against trying to set the format of the protest. We are nearly on with posting snipers on the hill behind Riverside Stand.

So think its time we get creative and start fighting back. I emailed some guy from a company called air-ads.com about the logistic of flying a banner saying something to the tune of Kean out Venkys sort it out.

And he got back to me and said it would cost £500 depending on how long wanted it going over Ewood, what wanted saying, etc, etc. He suggested 20 mins before ko.

I’m not a rich man myself, if I was I’d just go ahead and book it. But somewhere on this website I saw something about a protest pay pal account which I would definitely put money in just can’t find it. So hopefully there is a enough money sloshing around on here from the disillusioned fans to do something more drastic.

The club isn’t dead yet but think we are on life support. And I for one am running out of patience.

Ps. I have this guys number so if we get decent money and if the man or woman with this account wanted to take reigns I could somehow get it to you. Also probably best to do it when our fearless owners are in town.

Martinez played 98 won 24 drawn 28 lost 46 win% 24.49%

Coyle played 82 won 28 drawn 15 lost 39 win% 34.15%

Kean played 31 won 6 drawn 10 lost 15 win% of 19.35%

No point talking about past records though....you dont keep your job based on previous success.

Go back 19 games (half a season) and compare their records, Coyle is by far the worst with just 12 points in 19 games. Kean has 17, Martinez slightly more after their late run to save themselves last season.

I am no expert on the Indian chicken industry but found these 2 companies that appear to be Venky's competitors:

ALCHEMIST

GODREJ

If I am wrong, somebody must know who Venky's biggest competitiors are.

How about singing pro Alchemist and Godrej (whoever else is Venky's main competition) songs throughout the Chelsea game. Not many people will understand what is being sung but the Venky's (if they are in attendance) and Indian TV will get the message, loud and clear.

Edit: Found another one SUGUNA

Glen, Simon - get these competitors to fund the cost of the plane and trailing banner. The cost would be 'chicken sh1t' to them but I bet they would absolutely love it.

Just think of the publicity and embarrassment this would generate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the club adopting the role of a paramilitary junta first attempting to drown out own fans by playing music ridiculously loud and now unbelievably trying to ban banners. Never in my life have I heard of an entity people are protesting against trying to set the format of the protest. We are nearly on with posting snipers on the hill behind Riverside Stand.

So think its time we get creative and start fighting back. I emailed some guy from a company called air-ads.com about the logistic of flying a banner saying something to the tune of Kean out Venkys sort it out.

And he got back to me and said it would cost £500 depending on how long wanted it going over Ewood, what wanted saying, etc, etc. He suggested 20 mins before ko.

I'm not a rich man myself, if I was I'd just go ahead and book it. But somewhere on this website I saw something about a protest pay pal account which I would definitely put money in just can't find it. So hopefully there is a enough money sloshing around on here from the disillusioned fans to do something more drastic.

The club isn't dead yet but think we are on life support. And I for one am running out of patience.

Ps. I have this guys number so if we get decent money and if the man or woman with this account wanted to take reigns I could somehow get it to you. Also probably best to do it when our fearless owners are in town.

stevekeanout@aol.co.uk

Biggest load of crap I've seen for a long while. You were not really serious were you?

Hmm..........I reckon Venkys had all these journos out on a Pune jolly last week. I can't think of any other reason they would disagree with us?

Hmm..........I reckon Venkys had all these journos out on a Pune jolly last week. I can't think of any other reason they would disagree with us?

If you meet Kean in a bar (where else?) he comes over as a self-confident affable Glaswegian.

That is the extent of the penetrating insight of far too many modern journos whose true objective in life is access to the Carrington inner sanctum.

Sure we played well on Saturday and Norwich didn't (and the journos wrote accordingly) but which team (yet again) couldn't defend? We've had nearly a year now of whatever passes for organised defence in the Steve Kean coaching manual and the result is seen in the groaning goals conceded and points not collected columns plus a view from beneath the relegation trapdoor virtually every week of this season.

If you meet Kean in a bar (where else?) he comes over as a self-confident affable Glaswegian.

That is the extent of the penetrating insight of far too many modern journos whose true objective in life is access to the Carrington inner sanctum.

Sure we played well on Saturday and Norwich didn't (and the journos wrote accordingly) but which team (yet again) couldn't defend? We've had nearly a year now of whatever passes for organised defence in the Steve Kean coaching manual and the result is seen in the groaning goals conceded and points not collected columns plus a view from beneath the relegation trapdoor virtually every week of this season.

I don't think the journos were influenced by Kean on this occasion. We performed well and did not appear to be stereotypical relegation fodder. I agree with your 3rd paragraph but again this result was sickening in its cruelty.

I agree with your 3rd paragraph but again this result was sickening in its cruelty.

Cruelty?

Kean took off Yakubu, Hoilett and Rochina - our three biggest threats. Yet again he screwed up with his substitutions. 3-1 up, so wait and see what the opposition does, then counter that. If they do nothing, then the games won.

Anyone remember Souey's last days in charge when his substitutions started costing us points? If we weren't winning a game he went three at the back - allowing the opposition to throw on another forward and win the game. That's what you do when you're in front - wait, then counter. Yes I know that sometimes injuries force your hand, but that's not the reason his subs have been awful ever since he took charge.

I’m not a rich man myself, if I was I’d just go ahead and book it. But somewhere on this website I saw something about a protest pay pal account which I would definitely put money in just can’t find it. So hopefully there is a enough money sloshing around on here from the disillusioned fans to do something more drastic.

The club isn’t dead yet but think we are on life support. And I for one am running out of patience.

Good idea but not sure about 20 mins before kick off?, the inbred's and the chicken witch will be trying to brainwash other "guests" with how wealthy they are (no doubt using the clubs money) well out of sight of any plane fly by, it needs to go over during the match , and unless they are planning to gorge peoples eyes out to keep up the facade of wealthy lovable honest people it will have optimum impact.,

There was also an idea floating about (no pun intended) about a blimp behind the Riverside with a message on , that was about 500 quid as well but would be there for about two hours

Cruelty?

Kean took off Yakubu, Hoilett and Rochina - our three biggest threats. Yet again he screwed up with his substitutions. 3-1 up, so wait and see what the opposition does, then counter that. If they do nothing, then the games won.

Anyone remember Souey's last days in charge when his substitutions started costing us points? If we weren't winning a game he went three at the back - allowing the opposition to throw on another forward and win the game. That's what you do when you're in front - wait, then counter. Yes I know that sometimes injuries force your hand, but that's not the reason his subs have been awful ever since he took charge.

Yes, cruelty - I didn't deserve it!

It's too easy to point to the substitutions. It's not unreasonable to protect a lead in that situation - and give up some of the attacking threat in return. It could be argued that Yakuba can't last 90 minutes, Rochina can be a liability when attempting to defend and Hoilett can't defend for toffee.

Yes, cruelty - I didn't deserve it!

It's too easy to point to the substitutions. It's not unreasonable to protect a lead in that situation - and give up some of the attacking threat in return. It could be argued that Yakuba can't last 90 minutes, Rochina can be a liability when attempting to defend and Hoilett can't defend for toffee.

:lol: , sorry tony!

Some attacking threat yes, but not all of it. Goodwillie as a lone front man! Do me a favour tony. Might as well play you or me mate.

He's too early with his subs and regularly hands the initiative to the opponents. When you're on top, wait, wait wait. At the very least don't weaken the team.

Hoilett was clearly injured so had to come off, Yakubu was knackered and is still not fit in my opinion so I thought it made sense to bring him off. Also agree that it made sense at the time to bring on a defensive midfielder for Rochina.

I'm the first to slate kean, I really am but I do think we are at a stage where he gets slammed for everything. He was slated against City for not making changes and he's slated against Norwich form making changes.

I'm 99% certain that all of those slating him for the subs would have been just as scathing had he left the team the same and we'd been pulled back the 3-3. The same people would be saying why didn't he make changes to defend the league, you all know you would!!

********IMPORTANT****************

With regards to the banners for the Chelsea fixture on the 05-11-11 I can confirm that stewards will take any protest banners off people before they enter the ground at the turnstiles. All banners that are offered over to the stewards in good faith will be taken to the Security office in the Blackburn end lower tier so that they can be collected post match for them to protest in the Blackburn end lower tier until 5.30pm. Any banners that have to be confiscated due to them not being offered over in good faith will not be returned and personnel may be refused entry at that point. If any banners get into the ground and are displayed they will be removed by stewards and not returned. I hope the later two points are not the case.

This is the instructions which have been issued to us and we advise people to respect this, as above all we want going to Rovers be a pleasant experience, and no-one is any good to us, if they get brought up on charges ect, for causing a scene.

Your safety and integrity is always our principle aim, and we are very concerned supporters not hooligans

Please don't let this put you off having your voice heard, and many of us will be meeting at the Brown cow from 12.30 Saturday where some a4 banners for ur clothing will be handed out and we can openly discuss the protests

Since there is no banners allowed before the chelsea game but as a idea there is nothing against shirts ;-) *hint hint*

Eg people lined up with different letters ;-)?

Or even just A3 sheets of paper with a word on each one.

Fold them up, stick em' in your pocket and then hand them out.

********IMPORTANT****************

With regards to the banners for the Chelsea fixture on the 05-11-11 I can confirm that stewards will take any protest banners off people before they enter the ground at the turnstiles. All banners that are offered over to the stewards in good faith will be taken to the Security office in the Blackburn end lower tier so that they can be collected post match for them to protest in the Blackburn end lower tier until 5.30pm. Any banners that have to be confiscated due to them not being offered over in good faith will not be returned and personnel may be refused entry at that point. If any banners get into the ground and are displayed they will be removed by stewards and not returned. I hope the later two points are not the case.

This is the instructions which have been issued to us and we advise people to respect this, as above all we want going to Rovers be a pleasant experience, and no-one is any good to us, if they get brought up on charges ect, for causing a scene.

Your safety and integrity is always our principle aim, and we are very concerned supporters not hooligans

Please don't let this put you off having your voice heard, and many of us will be meeting at the Brown cow from 12.30 Saturday where some a4 banners for ur clothing will be handed out and we can openly discuss the protests

Glen are the club going to issue this statement to the press directly about this?, it is not the place of the protest group to make people aware and the club should not be getting people to do their dirty work for them. It is the club's responsibility to inform every supporter of these instructions. Also have you notified Jack Straw about this

Archived