SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or even just A3 sheets of paper

A3?!? Have you taken leave of your senses? That's potentially lethal!!

Think of the potential breathing difficulties if you unfolded an A3 piece of paper on the Blackburn End? What if there was a fire? What if someone made an origami chicken and set fire to it in full view of the owners and they became a bit upset? What if we had to evacuate and there were all these bits of paper cluttering the exits?

Nothing bigger than A5 surely and small hand writing (just for that extra element of safety) please.

It seems the battle lines have well and truly been drawn, This could be the biggest own goal of many in Venky's short destruction of the club

This needs to move up a notch and it also needs to move outside the confines of Ewood. I'm so angry now and l won't be told how to protest by the clowns who are pretending to run the club :angry:

Glen & Simon,

Just going back to the plane & banner idea (which venky's won't be able to stop), do you think it might possibly be a good idea to start a separate thread re the fighting fund paypal account to try and raise the £500 needed for this to happen on sat?

Posters could record on there what they have sent and if there are regular updates as to the balance, etc, b4 the w/end, we might just get enough to make it happen.

I will put in a tenner - not much I know but it will only need another 50 people to do the same to make the Blackburn Rovers Flying Club Mark II a reality.

Cheers,

Rob

Glen are the club going to issue this statement to the press directly about this?, it is not the place of the protest group to make people aware and the club should not be getting people to do their dirty work for them. It is the club's responsibility to inform every supporter of these instructions. Also have you notified Jack Straw about this

Jack Straw is aware of the on-going protest as I have had dialogue with his offices, They have an open clinic in Mill Hill this Friday but sadly I can't attend, but it would be nice if someone else would?

In addition I would like to point out

************TELEPHONE CALLS****************

Ringing people and issuing threats upon them and their Children is not bright, not smart and frankly sick, All these telephone calls will be passed on to the relevant authorities and we will seek full prosecution (Not aimed at PerthBlue02 BTW)

I think this sort of behavour has no place in our society, and if you want to have a pop at someone have it with me, in person on Saturday

Jack Straw is aware of the on-going protest as I have had dialogue with his offices, They have an open clinic in Mill Hill this Friday but sadly I can't attend, but it would be nice if someone else would?

Ringing people and issuing threats upon them and their Children is not bright, not smart and frankly sick, All these telephone calls will be passed on to the relevant authorities and we will seek full prosecution (Not aimed at PerthBlue02 BTW)

I think this sort of behavour has no place in our society, and if you want to have a pop at someone have it with me, in person on Saturday

bloody hell, thought i'd been sleep telephoning again ! ;) Wasn't a pis**d up scotsman calling from his car phone was it?

Glen & Simon,

Just going back to the plane & banner idea (which venky's won't be able to stop), do you think it might possibly be a good idea to start a separate thread re the fighting fund paypal account to try and raise the £500 needed for this to happen on sat?

Posters could record on there what they have sent and if there are regular updates as to the balance, etc, b4 the w/end, we might just get enough to make it happen.

I will put in a tenner - not much I know but it will only need another 50 people to do the same to make the Blackburn Rovers Flying Club Mark II a reality.

Cheers,

Rob

You are more than welcome to open a thread for raise the funds for the plane and banner, I know on vital we have no restrains on that sort of thread, and I don't think Glenn will have any objections, (But best to ask him first)

Glen & Simon,

Cheers,

Rob

I'd defo be up for this too.... either the plane or I'm loving the idea of the 'blimp' for the entire match too!

You are more than welcome to open a thread for raise the funds for the plane and banner, I know on vital we have no restrains on that sort of thread, and I don't think Glenn will have any objections, (But best to ask him first)

Ok will do tonight (work lunch-hour now over!)

Cheers

Playing devil's advocate...

If the pro-Venky's pro-Kean element were to take in 'WE LOVE YOU VENKYS' or 'KEAN: ROVERS LEGEND' banners, would they also be taken off them?

Probably not , plus you would get a free ticket to join the Glee club in Pune

Here we go guys the PAYPAL account is stevekeanout@aol.co.uk. Please make sure you keep a record of your donation. Just in case I have reimburse your money!

Ok will do tonight (work lunch-hour now over!)

Cheers

set it up you probably need to work with the guy who's set up the paypal account for protests via Glenmullan, thats where i sent mine to earlier today, easier just one big fund that loads of different ones

Good idea but not sure about 20 mins before kick off?, the inbred's and the chicken witch will be trying to brainwash other "guests" with how wealthy they are (no doubt using the clubs money) well out of sight of any plane fly by, it needs to go over during the match , and unless they are planning to gorge peoples eyes out to keep up the facade of wealthy lovable honest people it will have optimum impact.,

There was also an idea floating about (no pun intended) about a blimp behind the Riverside with a message on , that was about 500 quid as well but would be there for about two hours

Yeah I didn’t really understand the 20 mins before KO unless meant arrives 20 mins before and flies around until runs low on fuel then leaves. Have to say didn’t really go into any detail just wanted to find out vague ball park figure and whether was possible to do on short notice.

I’ve paid in £50 so whatever it gets used for plane, blimp, light cannon, etc, sure will be money well spent if allows us to continue to get our message across in spite of the obstacles that have been put up.

50 paying £10, 10 paying £50, touch wood will soon mount up.

In relation to what Glen - I dont understand?

Hoilett was clearly injured so had to come off, Yakubu was knackered and is still not fit in my opinion so I thought it made sense to bring him off. Also agree that it made sense at the time to bring on a defensive midfielder for Rochina.

I'm the first to slate kean, I really am but I do think we are at a stage where he gets slammed for everything. He was slated against City for not making changes and he's slated against Norwich form making changes.

I'm 99% certain that all of those slating him for the subs would have been just as scathing had he left the team the same and we'd been pulled back the 3-3. The same people would be saying why didn't he make changes to defend the league, you all know you would!!

He was rightly slated against City because we were losing Ricky. Who in their right mind does nothing when you're getting annihilated?

"Yakubu was knackered and is still not fit in my opinion" - so you don't know that then and think playing Goodwillie up front on his own, after watching his previous attempts at doing that, was a good move?

Plus no-one has said he shouldn't have made any subs against Norwich. They said the substitutions that he did make were too early and weakened the side - did you think differently? It was obvious he made mistakes - enough people on here knew that - read the match thread. Several critics also mentioned his poor substitutions, including the match commentators. And, he does it continually.

More chance with the blimp I suspect. I tried to get a plane with banner organised a few years ago now, but it had to get permission from the police. Now as the idea of that one was to fly over Burnley you can guess what the boys in blue thought.... now with the current one I know there's no 'Burnley factor' but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the police have to be involved at some stage. I don't think they'll object but I'd guess they'll speak to folk at Rovers and after a bit of head scratching I reckon they'll find a 'health and safety' excuse.

The blimp might be a bit more straightforward cos I'd have guessed that won't need to pass as many approvals.

Just a few thoughts. Count me in for some funding by the way. I'll have a look back on here in a few hours to see what's happening.

Archived