BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Playing devil's advocate...

If the pro-Venky's pro-Kean element were to take in 'WE LOVE YOU VENKYS' or 'KEAN: ROVERS LEGEND' banners, would they also be taken off them?

And don't take your jackets off lads and lasses, heaven forbid your jacket fell to the floor you would have your jacket confiscated for being a trip hazard.

The H+S argument is a smokescreen so that venkys don't have to see the apparent 1% and their banners.

in the context of the protest and to plageurise the anonymous movement's slogan :

WE ARE ROVERS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE (well unless kean is sacked)

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a brain wave............

Does anyone know who runs the Manxman Pub? If so could we not create a banner the size of the big Rovers one and have it mounted on the back of the pub which is in full view of the cameras also I watched a clip on RudeTube the other week of a guy spelling out words on a massive hill to his Mrs. Now could we not do something similar on the massive patch of land up behind the Manxman?

"Although disappointed, we respect the club's decision to impose a banner ban in the interest of public safety"

So Rovers own big banner at the BBE will not allowed to ever be deployed anymore then!!! They have shot themselves in the foot there

It should be but no doubt its those with any Anti Kean or Venky slant. Nothing like democracy.

I like the big banner!!

OK then how about your Rovers scarves with KEAN OUT and VENKYS SORT IT OUT stitched or pinned or somehow fixed to the scarf.

Surely scarves would be allowed or maybe its nothing to do with H&S but content. Surely not.

It should be but no doubt its those with any Anti Kean or Venky slant. Nothing like democracy.

I like the big banner!!

OK then how about your Rovers scarves with KEAN OUT and VENKYS SORT IT OUT stitched or pinned or somehow fixed to the scarf.

Surely scarves would be allowed or maybe its nothing to do with H&S but content. Surely not.

Brilliant idea, or tshirts, they cannot undress you can they?

I think you may have a problem getting the plane ideaq off the ground so to speak.

I'm sure it was looked into a few years ago and the police objected. Now if the police are the ones objecting to banners in the ground as it could incite trouble i'm pretty sure they would have the same objections to a plane flying over ewood with the same message on a banner.

Just a thought.

Just throwing my hat in the ring sorry if it's already been mentioned but everyone could get a plain white Tshirt with "I am 1%" printed on it (Or just Kean Out). You can get them for £6.50 each from this shop in Blackburn http://www.print-logo.co.uk/9.html (of which I have no affiliation by the way I just found it on T'Interweb)

If there was a cash pot might be able to do a bulk load for 4 quid a head or something.

Just a thought - T- Shirts aren't banners.

I was about to mention the police and Neil's previous attempt at a fly-by (happy days, I remember the Bradford pre-season in the riot-fire-bomb-damaged pub where that first came about ;) ) Other things to look out for with this is the money.

Make sure you know what happens to the money if it doesn't happen, or it happens and not all the money is used (PP makes it easier to do refunds, but it's still faff and after 60 days I believe they take a fee), also think about how you explain it to the tax man (slim chance he'd be interested, but it happens). Have a contingency plan if PP lock the account before the balance is paid.

If banners aren't allowed bacause of the possibilty of counter protests, then why are banners allowed on any other marches in this country? Why do the police allow banners on any marches pre/post match? Why are banners allowed into the BBE after the game?

Obviously our club/Venky's* is doing everything possible to stifle protests when Venky's are in attendance.

This stinks.

* delete as appropriate.

The head in the sand brigade will be beside themselves if they so much as see a fag paper with kean out on it.

It will lead to more animosity amongst the fans.

A very sad situation. Wake up everyone and look at what they are doing to our club. They have created this. To continue to divide and alienate the fans that want what is best for the club is a disgrace.

Rise above any provocation. Rising to it will play into their hands.

Softly softly catchy keany/venky

2 bulls on a hill looking down on a field full of cows. " dad let's run down there and shag one of those cows"

Daddy bull pauses then says "son let's walk down and shag em all"

The head in the sand brigade will be beside themselves if they so much as see a fag paper with kean out on it.

It will lead to more animosity amongst the fans.

A very sad situation. Wake up everyone and look at what they are doing to our club. They have created this. To continue to divide and alienate the fans that want what is best for the club is a disgrace.

Rise above any provocation. Rising to it will play into their hands.

Softly softly catchy keany/venky

2 bulls on a hill looking down on a field full of cows. " dad let's run down there and shag one of those cows"

Daddy bull pauses then says "son let's walk down and shag em all"

I use that rule when Im on the pi$$ in Manc

BBC sum it up nicely with their last line as well

"Manager Kean has managed only six wins in 31 league matches and one victory this season."

Yes they do and all the ''Banner Ban'' publicity on the Web and in the Dailys works IMO in favour of the protest. Good free publicity

I wonder if the anti Venky banners will be given back after the game to be displayed?

I was just wondering the same thing - or will some get ''lost'' or ''damaged''

stevekeanout@aol.co.uk

I'm happy to contribute a tenner towards a plane (which is no good before the Venkys are there to see it. Needs to be during the match.) or a blimp but have no idea how to use paypal. Would a cheque be OK and who do I send it to?

Archived