SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

********IMPORTANT****************

With regards to the banners for the Chelsea fixture on the 05-11-11 I can confirm that stewards will take any protest banners off people before they enter the ground at the turnstiles. All banners that are offered over to the stewards in good faith will be taken to the Security office in the Blackburn end lower tier so that they can be collected post match for them to protest in the Blackburn end lower tier until 5.30pm. Any banners that have to be confiscated due to them not being offered over in good faith will not be returned and personnel may be refused entry at that point. If any banners get into the ground and are displayed they will be removed by stewards and not returned. I hope the later two points are not the case.

This is the instructions which have been issued to us and we advise people to respect this, as above all we want going to Rovers be a pleasant experience, and no-one is any good to us, if they get brought up on charges ect, for causing a scene.

Your safety and integrity is always our principle aim, and we are very concerned supporters not hooligans

Please don't let this put you off having your voice heard, and many of us will be meeting at the Brown cow from 12.30 Saturday where some a4 banners for ur clothing will be handed out and we can openly discuss the protests

I do not know where the Security office is at the BBE lower tier but the Club have now made it a focal point for protesters to gather at at the end of the match. Protesters and those upset with protesters will know this - how's that for H&S?

If it all goes ok those collecting banners will be lucky to get to show them for 5 minutes by the time they leave their seat, collect their banner and get back to the protest site. There are sure to be one or two delays either real or manufactured.

This action by the Club is shameful.

One thing they can't stop surely are peoples voices - so now its time for fans to Pump Up The Volume

In relation to what Glen - I dont understand?

Guys unfortunately I received and a phone call from an individual who strongly disagrees with our plans to to hold the pre match protest in the stadium. 

So much so that and indirect threat was made to myself and my little lad. I quote " If the protest goes ahead I will organise a counter protest and the the type of attention you will receive. Is of the type that if you wore a Rovers shirt in the middle of Turf Moor." more was said but this was the crux of what the individual wanted to make clear to me.

I have always been open to the counter debate and will always respect people's views.  This is a step to far by any stretch of the imagination. 

With all the above I have considered my position along side Glen as protest organiser.  However people like this just make me more determined. This is by no means a war call or saying come and get me to the individual. Nor am I asking for other people to take things into there owns hands. We must rise above things like this and continue in the manner to which have been praised for. Which is loud, proud and Peaceful.

I thought it only right I let you know about this incident. As promised I will continue to represent you all as long as that is what you want.

How will the stewards differentiate between received banners (which won't be returned) and confiscated ones (which will be happily handed over)? Will people get a receipt?

I can see this being a complete fiasco.

Guys unfortunately I received and a phone call from an individual who strongly disagrees with our plans to to hold the pre match protest in the stadium. 

So much so that and indirect threat was made to myself and my little lad. I quote " If the protest goes ahead I will organise a counter protest and the the type of attention you will receive. Is of the type that if you wore a Rovers shirt in the middle of Turf Moor." more was said but this was the crux of what the individual wanted to make clear to me.

I have always been open to the counter debate and will always respect people's views.  This is a step to far by any stretch of the imagination. 

With all the above I have considered my position along side Glen as protest organiser.  However people like this just make me more determined. This is by no means a war call or saying come and get me to the individual. Nor am I asking for other people to take things into there owns hands. We must rise above things like this and continue in the manner to which have been praised for. Which is loud, proud and Peaceful.

I thought it only right I let you know about this incident. As promised I will continue to represent you all as long as that is what you want.

I think that we are all so shocked by this news that it's difficult to know what to say. It takes a bit of digesting. I'm sure that you are in contact with the other protest leaders to work on the best strategy for your and yours safety. Please be assured that I am and I'm sure all others on BRFCS and all true Rovers fans are with you on this.

How will the stewards differentiate between received banners (which won't be returned) and confiscated ones (which will be happily handed over)? Will people get a receipt?

I can see this being a complete fiasco.

Yeah, we never got our clogs back at Stoke :lol:

Rovers day trippers who ventured to East Anglia with ‘Kean Out’ banners never saw fit to unfurl them – because Blackburn’s performance spoke volumes for their belief in a beleaguered manager.

“After we lost against Tottenham last week, Harry Redknapp said we looked like a team pulling for their manager and it was the same thing here – we stuck together.”

Before any more Rovers dissidents rustle up placards, or scrawl any more anti-Kean propaganda, consider these facts. Blackburn’s last clean sheet may have been six months ago, but in those 17 games Kean has presided over six wins, five draws and six defeats. Hardly the stuff of burning effigies.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/HT-Norwich-0-1-Blackburn-Junior-Hoilett-gives-Rovers-edge-article824494.html

I got mine out at full time, and i think there was at least one other too.

As Wagner would say...

I'd suggest if you are getting calls like that, that you should be informing the relevant authorities and probably shouldnt be posting it on here.

I wonder who put the idiot concerned up to that ?

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would surprise me !

How pathetic, a truly sad state of affairs when someone is indrectly threatened for simply helping to organise a protest. A protest that is lawful and peaceful and is bending over backwards to accommodate the wishes of the club and police.

What warped sense of justification for this kind of veiled threat do these morons have???

And how the hell will a counter protest and childish threats by a quite obvious neanderthal and a few of his tunnel testers work.?? Altogether now (to the tune of shaddap a you face by Joe Dolce) "what's a matter you hey, gotta no respect hey, whadda you think you do,hey, why you look a so sad, keans a no so bad, gonna win more games - ah shaddap a you face"

Been thinking a bit more and my blood is still boiling, somebody somewhere is pulling out all the tricks they can think of to stop these peaceful protests. Sounds like they are issuing a challenge to me.

WE ARE ROVERS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGET

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

EXPECT US

What are the club thinking by doing this, you can protest but you have to go and get your banner back after the game then go back onto the ground to protest, that of course is as long as your banner hasn't strangely and unexplicably been damaged in some way.

The club are hiding behind the H&S rules, I just hope it makes the fans more determined to get their message across despite the club putting obsticles in the way of fans wanting to protest.

As for the organisers being threatned, I think it is a disgrace that fans who are doing what they belive in to save their club should recive threats like this.

How pathetic, a truly sad state of affairs when someone is indrectly threatened for simply helping to organise a protest. A protest that is lawful and peaceful and is bending over backwards to accommodate the wishes of the club and police.

What warped sense of justification for this kind of veiled threat do these morons have???

And how the hell will a counter protest and childish threats by a quite obvious neanderthal and a few of his tunnel testers work.?? Altogether now (to the tune of shaddap a you face by Joe Dolce) "what's a matter you hey, gotta no respect hey, whadda you think you do,hey, why you look a so sad, keans a no so bad, gonna win more games - ah shaddap a you face"

I think its clear that the supporters are in conflict, I saw a few flare ups at the last game. I can see punches thrown at the next game and perhaps it needs it... emotions are running high, something has to give sooner or later.

We are not going to happy clap our way into the Championship thats for sure.

Archived