BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Didn't have chance to listen.

If Gary Hickson, never been a big fan of his - full of his own importance. Remember the Kean farcical interview ?

One interesting point - was it Gerald Jackson - also Radio Lancashire - who turned-on the music at the last home protest !?!?

Glen was always going to be on a sticky one.

Well these idiots at Radio Lancashire know what they can do with their petition to preserve their status!

I think Radio Lancashire has been great during these protests to be fair, they have to try and remain impartial and listen to both sides whilst playing devils advocate by asking the questions from the audience.

After spending an hour in their studio they just read out what was tweeted and did not have many calls,

I have found the people at Radio Lancashire very helpful, especially Gary Hickson during the last couple of months and media wise bar Mr Parry on SportsTonightTV they have been the best to deal with. I never felt uncomfortable with the line of questioning and was given plenty of time to answer the questions put to me. I was more cautious tbh not to let the group down, we are all living this nightmare anti and pro protest supporters. The majority have the same issues but some don't agree with the way we are approaching the problem. This of course is their choice and I would never slate those for not taking part, Sadly some of those who want the same as the majority want to slate and give abuse to those who wish to do something about it. I can take personal insults because i'm 100% comfortable and committed to the reasons why these protest have organised and will continue to follow my instincts until the supporters who are concerned have those concerns aired, and the club act accordingly.

1. Remove Steve Kean as Manager

2.Sort out the infrastructure of the board and appoint experienced individuals with the correct CV to the vital roles within the club

3, Allow the board to make day to day decisions in the running of Blackburn Rovers

4.Communicate effectively with the club supporters, we can handle the truth good or bad

5.Distance themselves permantly away from Jerome Anderson

6. The Manager needs to get back into the chain of command and report directly to the board and not the owners

These are some of the examples of actions which need to be taken for Rovers to progress

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decision to ban the banners seems to be blowing up in the Raos faces, as it is getting a lot of press:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/02/2739840/blackburn-rovers-ban-anti-steve-kean-banners-from-ewood-park

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02112011/58/premier-league-blackburn-ban-protest-banners.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2056636/Blackburn-ban-protest-banners-Chelsea-game.html?ITO=1490

http://www.football.co.uk/blackburn_rovers/blackburn_ban_banners_rss1913411.shtml

http://www.teamtalk.com/blackburn-rovers/7287363/Rovers-impose-banner-restrictions

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02112011/63/rovers-ban-protest-banners.html

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,8692_7287266,00.html

I wonder what bright spark came up with the thought that infringing on the right to free speech would endear the Rovers to journalists? The consequence has been dozens of stories all underscoring that Kean has only one win this season.

The problem is and granted I have not read them all, is that there is hardly any mention of it being a anti-venky and anti kean protest and the ban coincides with our gracious regal owners attending to lord over their adoring subjects . But granted major own goal, but a goal is a goal and no doubt kean will take the credit for it

Still no official word from the club to all ticket holders for the game, so at present it is all hearsay

Glen, thought you did well tonight and put your point across in a good manner.

The only thing i was disappointed with was with the knob that was carl. His argument was that we shouldnt protest before the game and referred to Arsenal match. Just wished you had reminded him that it was our only win of the season and therefore his argument didnt stack up.

But great stuff and keep it up. Cant believe how blind the pro-kean and pro-venkys are.

KEAN OUT VENKYS OUT

The man called Carl has shown himself to be a blinkered fool on every forum he has contributed to, and with his post-match "wind up the anti- Kean brigade" antics in the Blues Bar. Is he on the payroll?

Just a thought - and it might be too far down the line to change anything but it seems to me that this latest bit of brinkmanship by the club may succeed in affecting numbers/any effect the pre game protest may have. Indeed it may play into the hands of those looking to marginalise the protesters.

I personally think it would be better to abandon the pre match sit in, stating that the clubs 'conditions' have rendered it pointless.

Instead concentrate on a mid - match gimmick - fly over, blimp, advert etc. This would get the point accross in a way the club cannot control.

See how the game is panning out and if things aren't going well, the crowd may turn naturally anyway.

Strongly agree, lets change our tactics late on

Grow up and get real, Kean is going nowhere so get behind the Team, who are playing out of their skins. Stop your idiotic attitudes, fortunes will change, we will not be relegated, mark my words. There is obviously only a very small minority protesting. They are not true fans, what is needed is mettle and support. Go you Blues

Well, if I were you and so confident, I would put your house up as collateral and back Rovers to stay up, if you are so very sure, shouldnt be a problem should it, you will be a very rich man, you would get 5/1 at the moment at least. My opinion and indeed that of many many people in the football world is that we are in freefall and almost certs for relegation now, I do hope you are correct, how you base your judgement baffles me, we have almost gone a quarter of a season with one win only and 6 points, the next 3/4 will have to yeild around 32 points to remain in the division, thats almost double where we are now!!

Was talking with my wife last night and she came up with an idea which is simple and everyone can take part.

Buy either a Blue or White Balloon, Write on the balloon "Sack Steve Kean" Take it to the game with you, and prior to Kick off blow it up and we can all release them,

This achieves two things.

1. It will pump up the atmosphere as balloons tend to do so,

2. It will be visual message as all those balloons will be collected with the words Sack Steve Kean, in addition we will put out in the press after the game what the balloons was all about?

Thoughts????????????????????

Was talking with my wife last night and she came up with an idea which is simple and everyone can take part.

Buy either a Blue or White Balloon, Write on the balloon "Sack Steve Kean" Take it to the game with you, and prior to Kick off blow it up and we can all release them,

2. It will be visual message as all those balloons will be collected with the words Sack Steve Kean, in addition we will put out in the press after the game what the balloons was all about?

Was thinking about balloons this morning or even some beach balls (or are they banned now after Sunderland?).

Simple and should be effective.

Should also have a large banner displayed up on the grassy knoll behind riverside before the game --TV will definitely pick it up and it will be a little 2 fingered salute, which could be seen from the director's box!

Glen, would a red balloon not be more symbolic (as a red card) and impactful and more likely to grab the attention of the media.

Damn it, sometimes women come up with the best ideas, we just don't like to admit it. A red ballon would be better though. A blue would just be seen as 'friendly support'.

Good idea.

Credit to Mrs Mullan.

Glen, would a red balloon not be more symbolic (as a red card) and impactful and more likely to grab the attention of the media.

If we went down that route, expect to see blue balloons placed on every seat at Ewood by the management!

Are Chelsea away in red this year?

Balloons are very small to my knowledge. So we should have no problem finding places to put them that the stewards are not going to be searching.

If the supporters had only 2 each it would be a very effective show.

No blue or white balloons – this is a protest not support.

We support the players but not the Muppets in charge

The club may have banned banners - but not flags.

Most clubs have flags placed on the seat. I was invited to Brightons first home game in their new ground this season. Every supporter was given a flag.

This also happens at wembley for FA cup finals.

So this banner ban on Police advice etc is a load of balloony.

Think you need to blow them up with helium, no? So you wouldn't be able to take them into the game.

Unless you want them bouncing around everywhere in the ground. Would be funny watching stewards try to pop hundreds of balloons everywhere.

Remember when people used to take bin bags of scrap paper in and throw them up in the air. Maybe you could make a load of squares of paper that say "Kean Out" and lob them in Venky's direction :-)

If we went down that route, expect to see blue balloons placed on every seat at Ewood by the management!

Are Chelsea away in red this year?

Away kit is predominantly black with a tinge of light blue.

It has to be red balloons !!!

Anyone remember that great hit 99 Red Balloons ? Lyrics are somewhat appropriate !

Think you need to blow them up with helium, no? So you wouldn't be able to take them into the game.

Unless you want them bouncing around everywhere in the ground. Would be funny watching stewards try to pop hundreds of balloons everywhere.

Remember when people used to take bin bags of scrap paper in and throw them up in the air. Maybe you could make a load of squares of paper that say "Kean Out" and lob them in Venky's direction :-)

if you fill them with helium they will float away out of the ground. Air is needed so gravity will pull them down and have more chance of being seen

Deffo a good idea before the match Glen and they should be red balloons as we are giving Kean the red card, lets spread the word. Costs about 80p for a pck of 10 red balloons so you can pass them around as well when you get to your seats

Archived