BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Mike Parry has always been a big supporter of out cause and they are always sympathetic to our current position,

I was little pumped up tonight (Sorry guys) as its been stressful with the party trick one PR guy pulled today, thankfully that will be put right tomorrow by the club with two further statements and John Newshams appearance on Radio Lancashire. The fans are winning the fight, and we must continue in the vein we have. Last nights meeting delievered the message that the supporters are this clubs number one priority

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys tonight has very hectic and heated! The pre match protest is going a head just in a slightly different format. We are creating Human Banners by pinning A4 sheets to our tops! They can't take cloths of our backs. Phase 2/3 will happen very close together red white and blue balloons with messages on will be released at KO. And touchwood I can pull it off with the help of the bank! The plane will fly over at 14:55 for 15min. 

This just shows divide and conquer techniques just don't work! 

Guys tonight has very hectic and heated! The pre match protest is going a head just in a slightly different format. We are creating Human Banners by pinning A4 sheets to our tops! They can't take cloths of our backs. Phase 2/3 will happen very close together red white and blue balloons with messages on will be released at KO. And touchwood I can pull it off with the help of the bank! The plane will fly over at 14:55 for 15min. 

Whilst I don't entirely agree with the protests I am really disturbed at the club's stance on banners and freedom of expression. If they are so worried about banners then I take we have seen the last of that bloody great thing that the club liked to see passed over the heads of Blackburn Enders?

Good luck.

The plane will fly over at 14:55 for 15min , I thought the plane thing we got it for a hour so we paid good money for 15 mins I am not begin rude here.

answer please we need the plane to fly a bit longer guys

well i would presume that if u get it for an hour, where is it coming from? you ain't taking off and landing in blackburn. so i would presume there is the travelling to and from the stadium to consider?

i may be wrong but that would be the obvious thought to me

well i would presume that if u get it for an hour, where is it coming from? you ain't taking off and landing in blackburn. so i would presume there is the travelling to and from the stadium to consider?

i may be wrong but that would be the obvious thought to me

I given a good respond so what all this walking and this and that got to with a plane, I am not having a pop at you mate.

Simon - is it absolutely 100% guaranteed that the fly-over can't be stopped by police objections, etc?

Cheers.

I given a good respond so what all this walking and this and that got to with a plane, I am not having a pop at you mate.

Literally no idea what you mean.

'Walking'? When he says travelling, I am pretty sure he means from the plane's base to Ewood and back?

Guys the plane is coming from Somewhere in the midlands! Ewood park is in a stacking zone for Manchester Airport. So time is limited. Yes we could have had longer if I had done this three week ago. You have book airspace and flight paths. It's not just about ringing up saying what you want! The company have to get clearance. Plus the cost would have tripled.

We have done all this in less than 3 hours early today. Im sorry if you are not happy. Quite happy to refund money Rover _786 but it was a Monstrous effort by all and appreciated.

The plane will have take off from a landing strip - fly to Blackburn - spend 15 mins over Ewood - fly back to the landing strip.

All this takes time thus why it will only be overhead for 15 mins.

The mere fact it will be there coupled with balloons and other methods of getting the message out is fantastic, and all involved with the protests have done a great job in what is a very difficult situation. Has off to you guys - thank you for all your hard work. :brfcsmilie:

edit: Silittl got there before me - great work in helping to organise this.

not walking, the plane needs to take off from an airstrip (which we don't have in Blackburn). i am presuming the hour in the air will include, flying from the airstrip to the stadium, circling the stadium and then flying back to the airstrip.

say it leaves at 14.35 hrs, arrives at the ground at 14.55hrs, leaves the ground at 15.15 hrs and arrives back at the airstrip for 15.35hrs.

thats an hour, which is the travelling to the stadium i was referring to

i presume anyway

Guys the plane is coming from Somewhere in the midlands! Ewood park is in a stacking zone for Manchester Airport. So time is limited. Yes we could have had longer if I had done this three week ago. You have book airspace and flight paths. It's not just about ringing up saying what you want! The company have to get clearance. Plus the cost would have tripled.

We have done all this in less than 3 hours early today. Im sorry if you are not happy. Quite happy to refund money Rover _786 but it was a Monstrous effort by all and appreciated.

I think 15 mins will be ample to get the message across and what has been achieved today is absolutely momentous - your place in Rovers fans folk-lore is guaranteed.

As long as the club and/or police can't put a spanner in the works in any way - i just don't trust either after the antics this week!

I think 15 mins will be ample to get the message across and what has been achieved today is absolutely momentous - your place in Rovers fans folk-lore is guaranteed.

As long as the club and/or police can't put a spanner in the works in any way - i just don't trust either after the antics this week!

Should'nt have said where the plane is coming from venkys will pay for the pilot to claim mechanical failure and can't do it now.

Legally how low is he allowed to get?

Fowl play I share your thoughts entirely! But there is no way we could keep it quiet given today's effort! It was a reaction to today's events! The club will be aware now and we just got to keep our fingers crossed !!

Thinking about it I reckon it will be ok - venkys have already scored a spectacular OG with the banner ban and news of the plane is already in the wider domain (Glen's announcement on sport tv channel) - they would look even more ridiculous if they tried to pull some kind of stunt to get this stopped as well.

Get your flying googles out everyone!

Archived