BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

I didn't get a chance to contribute but if you are refunding Rover_786 - I will pay his share!

Simon, how are you going to fill the balloons? With Helium? As I don't think that filling them with O2 will propel them up? Or I could be completely be mistaken.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think you are all contributing to making us a laughing stock.

Are there any credible alternatives on the table in terms of owners?

Get behind the club for Gods sake

I'm as pixxxd off as everyone else at the minute. I may be deluded but I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I 'd rather watch the current Rovers in preference to the dross I watched for the preceding 3 or 4 years. At least it's entertaining!

If you are planning on releasing loads of Balloons at KO,i might be wrong but i dont think a small aircraft flying low would appreciate having to fly through them,they prob wouldnt reach him but you never know.

I'm as pixxxd off as everyone else at the minute. I may be deluded but I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I 'd rather watch the current Rovers in preference to the dross I watched for the preceding 3 or 4 years. At least it's entertaining!

Doubt tests beliefs and assesses whether they might be misplaced.... ;)

. . .Amit has told me the whole family of Venkys will be at the game and said to me everyone in the ground will witnesses some good news.

The public flogging and dismissal of Kean for the crime of impersonating a manager?

What has been very apparent is that when obstacles are put in our way we become more creative and get round them. This is a credit to everyone involved in the revololution.

Glen and Simon, I think you guys are doing excellent work. Really outstanding. But I'm concerned that you are negotiating too long with dishonest people. Keep protesting and drawing attention to our blight but you might want to disengage from the snakes to the extent that you can. Get too close or stay too long and you will get bitten.

I disagree. I think Rovers fans are demonstrating that they are not to be trifled with. Things will only get worse for Kean and, by extension, Venkys.

If you are planning on releasing loads of Balloons at KO,i might be wrong but i dont think a small aircraft flying low would appreciate having to fly through them,they prob wouldnt reach him but you never know.

As I said already if they are going to filled with oxygen they probably wont get off the ground.

OMG I gave you +1 by mistake! :wacko:

It was thought that the light at the end of the tunnel was a Venky's Xpress train headed straight at me that threw me. :(

Wanting Kean out is getting 'behind the club', not sure how this point keeps getting missed.

And as for the football, 6 wins in 31 and 1 win in 10 is preferable to comfortable midtable, a fortress in Ewood Park and no chance of financial meltdown? Get in the real world.

Amazing isn't it Matty. And now people are creating threads with their life stories and no right of reply unless you go and see the in person.

I can see the argument for wanting Venkys to stay. That argument is that given the kind of sales that is likely, we could (believe it or not) end up on a worse position.

The protests are aimed at removing Kean and establishing a credible manager who will get the points we need to stay up.

I can't help but worry about Theno's point on the Hoilett thread. Could a relegation mean a lot of cheap player sales by Rovers but with Rochina-style 'facilitation' fees paid by the buying club?

Still, there are people who, should we get relegated, will blame the protests...

So you think its entertaining to watcht our beloved club die slowly? Then good for you..

Whilst I appreciate your viewpoint , the only light I can see under the current management on and off the pitch (misguided or guided depending on your views) is in years to come walking through what was once tunnel at Ewood and seeing a big neon sign with the words Liquidation Sale instead of what was once the Riverside.

If you happy to sit on your hands and do nothing that is your choice, and when things go t*** up I hope you feel content with your decision. By doing whatever I can to safeguard something that only comes second after family in terms of priority I will know in my own mind that at least I tried.

I support Blackburn Rovers Football Club and any person or entity that has the clubs interest at heart, hence I can not show any support for Steve Kean , Venky's as a company, The Rao family or Jerome Anderson and by doing nothing is in my view agreeing to everything these despicable people have done to my once proud club.

As said previously you have made your choice and I respect that (unlike the clubs current stance I believe everybody is entitled to express their own opinions)

Great work guys.

I was starting to think after having a season ticket for 20 odd years I may just not bother anymore. With the owners, and the snakes running the club domestically, Rovers was becoming barely recognisable as the club I love.

The analogy I'd use is that of a Wimbledon fan of the 'crazy gang' at plough lane, now although mk dons is the technically the same team it will be so unrecognisable as it once was I bet many stopped going or changed allegiances to afc Wimbledon. 

Now while I could never support anyone else I was contemplating walking away. Something I never thought possible.

But in spite of the whole infuriating saga seeing people on here has reinvigorated my passion for rovers. Knowing people care as much comes as a massive relief. 

As for concerns about police stopping plane just can't see it. Don't think lancs constabulary have the resources to scramble typhoon jets to shoot it down. Wouldn't rule out the club to be in contact with mod about doing it though.

Again great work. I'm sure also that eventually the fog will lift from those not fully behind it.

Yes you can ! Unfortunately, it's a train heading straight for you and the Rovers !!!

How's that fast track paypal going, if it's not to late I would love to contribute.. You guys have down a Stella job and I'm sure Uncle Jack would be proud.. Even if it's to late would love to throw something your way even if it Is just means a few pints for Glen and Simon and crew which I think is fully deserved.. God speed lads, outstanding..

We're a laughing stock alright, and it's nothing to do with the fans ...

Hey Darren Rover, we the fans are not making our club a laughing stock at all, its the incumbent buffoon we have as a manager :angry2: Still never mind eh, back to the good old days of playing crap in the old second division, is that what you want, don't you want premiership football, don't you want our club to be in the mix, support Kean and we will be playing in the old second division, not for me mate Kean out all the way for me,

How's that fast track paypal going, if it's not to late I would love to contribute.. You guys have down a Stella job and I'm sure Uncle Jack would be proud.. Even if it's to late would love to throw something your way even if it Is just means a few pints for Glen and Simon and crew which I think is fully deserved.. God speed lads, outstanding..

I think if keep that PayPal account going so people can continue to add into it and if the unthinkable happens and Kean is still in charge at the next home after Chelsea vs Swansea then could put the money to further good use.

If, however, he is sacked before then could stick it behind the bar at one of the local establishments and have a bloody good drink. Obviously pending him being replaced with someone vaguely normal as not having suitable replacement for fat Sam is how we are in this mess in the first place.

Lawro's Prediction (taken from the BBC)

Chelsea are not without their problems, with the John Terry-Anton Ferdinand saga rumbling on, and they have obviously lost their last two league games as well.

But they are still a good side, especially if you consider how they played with nine men against QPR and that in all honesty they could easily have ended up beating Arsenal too - that 5-3 scoreline could have been even higher, but in favour of either side.

My only worry about the Blues at the moment is at the back. Terry could have played with anyone at the back three or four years ago but now he is struggling a little bit for pace and, all of a sudden, they need to be careful about who they put alongside him, especially if they are going to play with a high defensive line and push the full-backs on.

I was a bit surprised to read that Blackburn are considered massive outsiders by the bookies to win this one but then you remember that Arsenal are the only team they have beaten at home and they have lost their their other four games at Ewood Park.

I am going to go for a draw here, which I suppose represents progress for Rovers.

I was concerned to read that Blackburn are not going to allow their fans to protest before or during the game on Saturday, which is a very dangerous route to go down. If I was a fan and I wanted to protest, then I would. We are living in England and it is a free country - they should let their fans do what they want to do - why alienate your supporters when they are already unhappy? This will only make things worse.

Prediction: 1-1

Lawro's Prediction (taken from the BBC)

Chelsea are not without their problems, with the John Terry-Anton Ferdinand saga rumbling on, and they have obviously lost their last two league games as well.

But they are still a good side, especially if you consider how they played with nine men against QPR and that in all honesty they could easily have ended up beating Arsenal too - that 5-3 scoreline could have been even higher, but in favour of either side.

My only worry about the Blues at the moment is at the back. Terry could have played with anyone at the back three or four years ago but now he is struggling a little bit for pace and, all of a sudden, they need to be careful about who they put alongside him, especially if they are going to play with a high defensive line and push the full-backs on.

I was a bit surprised to read that Blackburn are considered massive outsiders by the bookies to win this one but then you remember that Arsenal are the only team they have beaten at home and they have lost their their other four games at Ewood Park.

I am going to go for a draw here, which I suppose represents progress for Rovers.

I was concerned to read that Blackburn are not going to allow their fans to protest before or during the game on Saturday, which is a very dangerous route to go down. If I was a fan and I wanted to protest, then I would. We are living in England and it is a free country - they should let their fans do what they want to do - why alienate your supporters when they are already unhappy? This will only make things worse.Prediction: 1-1

And for once, Lawro has called correctly, the clubs credibility is virtually at rock bottom, in my opinion, this is either Venkys/Anderson or Kean who has tried to prevent a protest taking place, its wrong of the club to do that and I would echo the sentiments of the poster yesterday about the validity of the safety reasons given and trust that the Police, with the evidence given by their intelligence, punish the people concerned as all the protesting by Rovers fans to date have been highly commended by all for their behaviour.

I do not believe one word coming from our club at the moment, indeed, I even check the kick off times now with the Premier League website, thats how bad its got, we are owned and managed by a bunch of bare faced liars!

And for once, Lawro has called correctly, the clubs credibility is virtually at rock bottom, in my opinion, this is either Venkys/Anderson or Kean who has tried to prevent a protest taking place, its wrong of the club to do that and I would echo the sentiments of the poster yesterday about the validity of the safety reasons given and trust that the Police, with the evidence given by their intelligence, punish the people concerned as all the protesting by Rovers fans to date have been highly commended by all for their behaviour.

I do not believe one word coming from our club at the moment, indeed, I even check the kick off times now with the Premier League website, thats how bad its got, we are owned and managed by a bunch of bare faced liars!

We've seen the lenghts that some of the people involved in our club will go too, you just need to check out their history online. I find it highly suspicious that this all comes about as our owners are supposed to be visiting, given there have already been a few protests. Unfortunately these days H&S is so out of control a kid jumping in the playground is a dangerous incident, so it wouldn't be too hard to show that it would be an issue. It hasn't to date and every-things been civilised, they've even arranged meetings for the protesters. However it was always glaringly obvious that the protesters wouldn't just want to discuss H&S. Personally I think they are being fobbed off, ban the protests for the time when the owners will be viewing the stands as afterwards they'll retire elsewhere. Give the protesters a meeting at the club and pass it higher, buys time, whilst at the same time placates the organisers. Arrange a couple of interviews using your mates in the press, so again the protesters feel their grievances are being heard. Things will then hopefully be diffused and the protests less obvious as thousands will be arriving and the words 'it's a minority' will be whispered in ears. The team will get support during the game and any sort of semi decent performance will again further placate the crowd and so less will protest at the end. This way the words 'it's a minority' will ring true in the cold hard light of day.

The game is afoot.

Archived