BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The under fire Rovers boss has said the banning of flags and banners inside Ewood Park tomorrow had nothing to do with him as he concentrates on guiding his side out of the Premier League relegation zone.

LT.

Whilst supporters continue to sit on their hands, Steve Kean will always have the upper hand in this argument that he has the support of the majority, because by sitting on their hands they do 100% support him and think he is the man to lead us to the promised land.

However the rest of us who can smell the coffee and see the writing on the wall, the fight continues,.

Whilst supporters continue to sit on their hands, Steve Kean will always have the upper hand in this argument that he has the support of the majority, because by sitting on their hands they do 100% support him and think he is the man to lead us to the promised land.

However the rest of us who can smell the coffee and see the writing on the wall, the fight continues,.

To be fair Glen, there are a lot more people disinclined to sit on their hands at the moment, I've never known the mood this ugly in The BBE, as stated some time ago by me and others, and I'm glad other people are of this view also now, aim our fire at Venky's.

Want me to ask Dave Whelan's mob if we can our banners at Wigan??? I'm sure he'll let us?

I really feel for you here Glen. I live a long way from Ewood and my contribution to the cause is to stay away - there's no way I'm doing a 380 mile round trip to put money in Venky's pockets and allow this idiot to think I'm supporting him. In my opinion that is one of only two ways to fight them - the other is the route you have taken. I cannot express how much respect I have for the way you have dealt with this. It's a hugely emotive issue, you've been put in front of the cameras/microphones many times and not once have you let yourself or the cause down, you've showed intelligence and integrity at all junctures. I'll stop blowing smoke up your arse now, but needless to say, very proud to share this football club with you.

As for the rest of the fans attending the games and not joining the cause - hang your heads. You're as much to blame as Venkys.

I really feel for you here Glen. I live a long way from Ewood and my contribution to the cause is to stay away - there's no way I'm doing a 380 mile round trip to put money in Venky's pockets and allow this idiot to think I'm supporting him. In my opinion that is one of only two ways to fight them - the other is the route you have taken. I cannot express how much respect I have for the way you have dealt with this. It's a hugely emotive issue, you've been put in front of the cameras/microphones many times and not once have you let yourself or the cause down, you've showed intelligence and integrity at all junctures. I'll stop blowing smoke up your arse now, but needless to say, very proud to share this football club with you.

As for the rest of the fans attending the games and not joining the cause - hang your heads. You're as much to blame as Venkys.

Wins the most asinine statement of the week award. Well I'm not going to the game so can I get a hero badge too. whoops I missed off the "g" sad state of affairs when the real fans are seen as those NOT attending the games, self serving bullshit if you ask me, but you are probably not so screw it.

I'm in a similar situation living in London. I'm going tomorrow but it's a sad sign of the times that I'm looking forward to the protests more than the match,as I desperately want change. However, if that change does not come following tomorrow's events I will not be attending any home games until Mr Kean has been removed.The results are bad enough but then we also have to put up with his pre and post match drivel. Enough is enough.

Guys the plane is coming from Somewhere in the midlands! Ewood park is in a stacking zone for Manchester Airport. So time is limited. Yes we could have had longer if I had done this three week ago. You have book airspace and flight paths. It's not just about ringing up saying what you want! The company have to get clearance. Plus the cost would have tripled.

We have done all this in less than 3 hours early today. Im sorry if you are not happy. Quite happy to refund money Rover _786 but it was a Monstrous effort by all and appreciated.

Cheers mate, I understand what you saying lets keep the faith all off us and hopefully the fans will get their wish.

Wins the most asinine statement of the week award. Well I'm not going to the game so can I get a hero badge too. whoops I missed off the "g" sad state of affairs when the real fans are seen as those NOT attending the games, self serving bullshit if you ask me, but you are probably not so screw it.

I am probably not what?

It wasnt intended to be self-serving - I was just making my individual stance clear before criticising others, didnt want to be seen as throwing stones from my greenhouse.

Not looking for a hero badge in the slightest. Actually I'm far from it, what's going on at the club has totally turned me off, and what with that and a few things I have going on on a personal level I can honestly say Rovers mean less to me than they ever have right now. I'm not hero to this cause whatsoever - but I do sleep better at night knowing I am not contributing to this farce.

Guys the plane is coming from Somewhere in the midlands! Ewood park is in a stacking zone for Manchester Airport. So time is limited. Yes we could have had longer if I had done this three week ago. You have book airspace and flight paths. It's not just about ringing up saying what you want! The company have to get clearance. Plus the cost would have tripled.

We have done all this in less than 3 hours early today. Im sorry if you are not happy. Quite happy to refund money Rover _786 but it was a Monstrous effort by all and appreciated.

What time is it due to be flying around and do the press know?

Awesome & very much looking forward to it.

The fans will be chanting tomorrow -SUPPORT THE TEAM, SACK STEVE KEAN. Over and over and over again.

Will the owners be sitting in amongst the fans or will they be in a box with a sound feed?

You only have to look at the response to the question why no sack kean poll on the LT that was posted here to see the lenghts the club are now willing to go to, to ensure things look as they say. The fact they want th visual aspect of the protest removed makes me very suspicious of the motive.

Will the owners be sitting in amongst the fans or will they be in a box with a sound feed?

You only have to look at the response to the question why no sack kean poll on the LT that was posted here to see the lenghts the club are now willing to go to, to ensure things look as they say. The fact they want th visual aspect of the protest removed makes me very suspicious of the motive.

All I will say don't leave Ewood park until the venkys come out and stand in the middle of pitch and hold a mickphone and say something we need to target them for a fact and we will get them to come out if there are really at this game.

What time is it due to be flying around and do the press know?

Awesome & very much looking forward to it.

its arriving at 2.55pm and will be circling for around 15 mins i believe

it was in this mornings sun: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3913275/Blackburn-fans-to-fly-anti-Steve-Kean-balloons.html

and the mirror touched on it last night: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Steve-Kean-insists-majority-of-Rovers-fans-back-him-but-faces-protests-for-fourth-home-game-in-a-row-article826466.html

Speaking to fans of other teams in the office, they cannot believe they have banned banners - owners must be coming to town and don't want their precious brand/name tarnished. If they are bringing guests too, could be embarassing - could not have that happening now....

Speaking to fans of other teams in the office, they cannot believe they have banned banners - owners must be coming to town and don't want their precious brand/name tarnished. If they are bringing guests too, could be embarassing - could not have that happening now....

My banners are aimed at Venky's this time

All I will say don't leave Ewood park until the venkys come out and stand in the middle of pitch and hold a mickphone and say something we need to target them for a fact and we will get them to come out if there are really at this game.

'Lets be having you' coming from Mrs D's mouth would have me pissing myself, but it will never happen.

Thanks Mark1875, lets hope it gets good coverage in the national's.

this won't happen and i will urge people not to stay behind past the agreed time.

i think it is in the best interests to take our agreed 45 mins stance after the match and then leave the stadium peacefully when signaled to do so for two reasons:

1) the group of protesters have kept to their word and been peaceful and non-disruptive through the entire duration of this. We must be seen to continue this and not stay behind passed this agreed time, where we are then committing offences.

2) as important, is the fact that Glen and Simon have agreed these protests and put themselves on the line as responsible for people's conduct. Out of respect for these 2 it is only right that we keep within the agreements in place and do not overstep the boundaries at present.

this won't happen and i will urge people not to stay behind past the agreed time.

i think it is in the best interests to take our agreed 45 mins stance after the match and then leave the stadium peacefully when signaled to do so for two reasons:

1) the group of protesters have kept to their word and been peaceful and non-disruptive through the entire duration of this. We must be seen to continue this and not stay behind passed this where we are then committing crimes.

2) as important is the fact the Glen and Simon have agreed these protests and put themselves on the line as responsible for people's conduct. Out of respect for these 2 it is only right that we keep within the agreements in place and do not overstep the boundaries at present.

The fans will make sure there stay in until there come out and it will happen why you saying it would not, and if you love rovers you would agree with me.

I wish I could be there for this one,

some years ago at the Munchen Halle in Hanover for the last night of the Machine tool fest,

The place was packed to the rafters with 6000 people, mainly German and about 200 Brits.

All night the umpa band is playing German stuff and people are getting up to lead the band for a small contribution.

So the brits club together to lead the band, the band leader 1st refused so we greased his palms a bit more as he wasn't kean on our choice of music,

Then it started, Dam Busters in all its glory, 200 Brits on the long wood tables giving it the business, fake goggles and everything,

The Germans looking on in disbelive, net result, the band did a free oncour and the rest of the Halle aplauded spontaeneously at the end of the music.

Nothing like the Dam Buster theme to get the Brits going, look out Venky's

Any chance of getting some brass instruments into the ground to kick it off?

just as the plane arrives

Archived