BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

The fans will make sure there stay in until there come out and it will happen why you saying it would not, and if you love rovers you would agree with me.

On Wednesday night i was in the meeting at ewood with John Newsham and the police. Agreements have been put in place and Simon and Glen have both worked tirelessly day after day to put these agreements in place and both John and the police have worked with us on this.

What you are advocating here is to encourage people to break the law. I am saying this must not happen and that does not mean "i don't love rovers like you".

As i said the agreements are in place and we have always stuck with these and must continue to do so, not only out of respect for Simon and Glen who can get in bother if this protest spirals out of control but also because if we stay behind longer than allowed and have to be forcibly removed, the relationship built up with John and the police will collapse and you will find it very difficult when the police are working against, us as oppose to with us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans will make sure there stay in until there come out and it will happen why you saying it would not, and if you love rovers you would agree with me.

Why would they come out?

As has already been mentioned the chances are they will close the curtains and pretend the protest is not happening at the final whistle.

If they did come out what are they going to say? We are saking Steve Kean with immediate effect? - Although ideal unfortunately very unlikely.

Staying behind longer than agreed would more than likely make the club even less responsive to the fans not more.

Glenn, Simon & Co are working hard in their <b>own</b> time (they are not getting paid to represent us) and doing something like you suggest would risk any progress they have made with the club being thrown out of the window.

• Backroom

If not inside we all go to main entrance we can make history guys if the owners are here.

Keep the Faith and lets work as a team.

What are you talking about? If you want to get arrested you're going the right way about it, but please don't associate yourself with the legitimate protestors. "Forcing" Venky's to stay and "forcing" them to come out on the pitch (not that you'd be able to do either) isn't on the agenda and has nothing to do with what Glen & co are trying to achieve. Just protest peacefully as advised.

If not inside we all go to main entrance we can make history guys if the owners are here.

Keep the Faith and lets work as a team.

A Venk tell you that when you phoned him up whilst taking a bubblebath?

My friend it is people like you who make protesters look like muppets. STAY WITHIN THE LAW, make the others be the villains and keep the high ground.

I think that a very appropriate chant, whilst pointing in the direction of the 'Royal Box', would be 'your not fit, your not fit to own our club, your not fit to own our club' (tune as in fit to referee).

This, I think, would cause huge embarrassment.

I think that a very appropriate chant, whilst pointing in the direction of the 'Royal Box', would be 'your not fit, your not fit to own our club, your not fit to own our club' (tune as in fit to referee).

This, I think, would cause huge embarrassment.

absolutely spot on - not a personal insult, offensive, etc, but will hit home hard (they won't like the pointing either - very bad manners in india i believe)

Bit of a contradiction and it is kinda like hitting a Muslim with a shoe.

Ok, hands up, maybe I should have said 'name calling' instead 'personal insult' as yes, the finger pointing will be personally insulting to them (possibly), albeit unwittingly from the 'pointers'

NB - I know what bellamy felt like now when he said souness had '..gone behind his back right in front of his face' LOL

All I will say don't leave Ewood park until the venkys come out and stand in the middle of pitch and hold a mickphone and say something we need to target them for a fact and we will get them to come out if there are really at this game.

Rovers_786 - you mentioned yesterday something about the Venkys having 'something good' to tell the fans when they come to the game tomorrow, can you expand on this?

It's on live over here in the USA tmomorow. It would be nice to see the plane.

I doubt it, or the protesting, will do any good. It's not helped so far. Unfortunately for all, a 6-0 drubbing will be about the only trick that works.

I also find it interesting the amount of passion some have. Fair play to you. I don't understand why though.

Rovers_786 - you mentioned yesterday something about the Venkys having 'something good' to tell the fans when they come to the game tomorrow, can you expand on this?

I think I know...

We are going to win the Premiership next season.

Messi is signing in January.

They are going to sort out the Blackburn one-way system (unlikely I know)

Steve Kean has been sacked and Jerome Anderson has taken over.

Amit said there will be some good news now, I don't know what he means but we shall wait and see.

Argghhh. Clicked on +1 by mistake. Would like to officially record it should actually be minus 1,000. Whatever you think of what Glen's been doing (and I'm 100% behind it), you cannot for one second question his love of the club.

Rover786, you're either a dingle, a clown, or both.

Glen/Simon can you just clarify this for me. The (official) plan tomorrow is:

1.There will be no 45 minute sit in before the game

2.Red, White and Blue balloons with Anti-Venky and Kean messages on them to be blown up and released 5 mins before kickoff.

3.The B.R.A.F. to do a flyover at some point at the beginning of the first half

4.45 minute sit in in the BBE after match once banners have been collected from the security office

Am l correct with this summarisation? Can't keep up with the inside elements at the club putting the kibosh on stuff every two minutes.

Archived