BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Buy The Club Back

Maybe someone should get in touch with the American based Rovers fan Daniel Williams. Remember this:

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=70234

It could have been so very different!

It is funny in a very tragic way now that the Walker's didn't sell to him because they wanted more money.............. :rolleyes:

we need to track this daniel williams down! How is it the walkers turned down his 67mill offer and sold it for 25mil???? seriously tho we got to track this guy down. I googled him and cant find any contact info.

I am not being funny but I tried to track him down a few months ago but hit the same google brick wall you've hit. None of his reported companies in 2007 seem to be operating anymore either they've gone bust like the US economy or he's sold up. But as another poster stated it's funny how his £67m deal was turned down by the Walkers and they ended up selling us for a percentage of that.

A great quote from Dan Williams when talking about the proposed take over

"The notion that we would come into the club with no other football experience other than being fans and be chairman, chief executive officer and vice chairman is nonsensical."

The consortium that he put together was made up of people involved in American financial institutions, so unless they were lucky they might have bit the dust

Did a quick search on Williams latest i could find was 2009 , but this is interesting from the Rochester Rhinos forum My link, he was apparently trying to buy them at the same time as rovres according to other threads on the forum. Seems to have disapeared over the last couple of years though

I've looked fairly seriously into raising funds to buy the club and have got quite far, but with the current financial climate it is hard to get to the stage where cheques are written for millions.

Just had to buy a new washing machine so count me out.

Archived