BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wanting to lose

ABBEY

That's not the point, but realistically Kean probably has to lose 3/4 more games before he is sacked and if we lose 3/4 more games from our upcoming fixtures then relegation, even with an inspired managerial appointment, would be extremely likely.

Relegation would then, in all likelihood, see this club go under within a few years.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the point, but realistically Kean probably has to lose 3/4 more games before he is sacked and if we lose 3/4 more games from our upcoming fixtures then relegation, even with an inspired managerial appointment, would be extremely likely.

Relegation would then, in all likelihood, see this club go under within a few years.

Hence the feeling amongst some that a proper hiding in the cup would be a better route to go down.

But its all swings and roundabouts anyway. If the man remains here, and he will now for sure and more than likely get a further 5/6 league games to lose now because of a cup game win, we are probably going down.

Our league form has it as a dead on certainty. If you remove all of the cup games that he has had his record is even more abysmal.

If anything, if the necessary results occur that would force the Raos to sack Kean then his departure, which would be seen as a major positive, would be the pyrrhic victory.

We will have to see if he can translate cup success into league victories, I, for one, hope that he can.

If anything, if the necessary results occur that would force the Raos to sack Kean then his departure, which would be seen as a major positive, would be the pyrrhic victory.

We will have to see if he can translate cup success into league victories, I, for one, hope that he can.

No, that would be Masada. :lol:

I hope he can too, that's the bloody distressing thing about it. If he becomes the next SAF I would shut my face and apologies, I will even send you a bunch of flowers with a sappy note and lots of XXXX's.

The man is more divisive than Luther.

(I am in theology class now ;) )

dont want rovers to lose in a normal situation but this is not a normal situation. had the venkys been proper owners, kean would have been out of a job by now and we would all be celebrating with a decent manager in charge, probably shooting up the table because we have some very talented players. As it stands, kean is untouchable, that thought makes me sick to the stomach, so every win he has, which is a rare occurance anyway, just gives this gobshite more ammunition to fire back at the fans, clearly some on here are swayed by a rare victory which is usually just glossing over a lucky win anyway. i cant and wont celebrate rovers winning games under HIM unlike under any other manager so rovers getting beat moves him one step closer to the door. Every victory he has gives him that extra 4 or 5 games to mess things up again which gives us less time to recover from this mess, when hes gone, my faith in rovers will be fully restored and i will look forward to a very promising season ahead.

We all hope that he can Ed, but we also all know that he can't.

Then you have to hope that the owners see sense, but I want never want Rovers to lose. I can understand wanting us to be thrashed if we are already 3-0 down with not long to play in the hope that it acts as the wake up call, but before a match, or even during a match when there is still a slim hope, that I cannot get.

Paul Fletcher of Burnley stated to a friend of mine that within five years one or more of Bolton, Wigan and Rovers will go out of existance, he says its impossible to sustain the wage levels required to continue at Prem levels and in the event of relegation, the implications would be a disaster.

As for wanting Rovers to lose, my answer is this, if by losing a game it would see the end of Kean and better still Venkys, I would gladly take it as it would be the bigger picture and whilst never wanting to see Rovers lose, at this juncture, without question, would be a good thing for the club and that for me is the most important thing, would you take three points now or survival if we lost???

I'll say the same as I said last time - our 3-0 defeat against Wigan in December 08 was one of our best recent results. If we had drawn or even won that game we quite likely would have gone down.

The future of BRFC is bigger than any one game - sometimes you need to take a step back to go forwards.

I know Abbey is a huge fan, but it's impossible for people to have a proper discussion with him because of his attitude.

People don't want us to lose, but suggest losing a game may be the best in the long run as it would lead to the dismissal of Kean. If that could be 100% confirmed, I would (with a heavy heart) take a defeat at Norwich.

We are in a catch-22 situation. A win and it gives Kean more games as manager, which he will probably lose. A defeat is always bad, because it's the Rovers we all love losing.

I'd LOVE it if Kean could manage the side to 20 consecutive defeats, but it just seems impossible.

• Moderation Lead

People want us to lose based on what is conjecture at best that Kean will be fired, ludicrous! All this greater good tosh really grates on me.

I've supported Rovers long before Kean, and will continue to do so when he's gone.

...but it is clear that in the current situation losing ONE game won't lead to Kean leaving. He will have to lose several winnable games in a run of fixtures.

Do you, in you heart of hearts, beleive that if Kean remains as manager we will be in the Premier League next season?

Paul Fletcher of Burnley stated to a friend of mine that within five years one or more of Bolton, Wigan and Rovers will go out of existance, he says its impossible to sustain the wage levels required to continue at Prem levels and in the event of relegation, the implications would be a disaster.

As for wanting Rovers to lose, my answer is this, if by losing a game it would see the end of Kean and better still Venkys, I would gladly take it as it would be the bigger picture and whilst never wanting to see Rovers lose, at this juncture, without question, would be a good thing for the club and that for me is the most important thing, would you take three points now or survival if we lost???

I've just remembered Nicko mentioning all the contract renewals in January took the relegation clauses out, so basically if we got relegated we are in dire straights.

Do you, in you heart of hearts, beleive that if Kean remains as manager we will be in the Premier League next season?

It's last game syndrome, happens every time.

With Kean we WILL be relegated. No ifs, no buts. I don't care if the players are "behind him", they can't win for toffee and even last night it was a close-call. Therefore, any pressure that can be applied to Kean is needed to get him the hell outta there. I don't want Rovers to lose. I want *Kean* to lose, but it just so happens he's the parasite living off our once noble club. If that means the club has to get a little burned to eradicate him, then so be it.

...but it is clear that in the current situation losing ONE game won't lead to Kean leaving. He will have to lose several winnable games in a run of fixtures.

He's already lost loads. Two defeats in a 4 days may have just done it.

Will we stay up it he stays? Possibly, it is hardly a lost cause.

No one has answered my question though:

In order for Kean to be sacked we will almost certainly have to lose to Norwich and Chelsea and most likely a game or two after that. At that point we will most likely be at least 4/5 points from safety. If that happens, how likely would our survival be, even if we quickly appointed a good replacement.

No one has answered my question though:

In order for Kean to be sacked we will almost certainly have to lose to Norwich and Chelsea and most likely a game or two after that. At that point we will most likely be at least 4/5 points from safety. If that happens, how likely would our survival be, even if we quickly appointed a good replacement.

I don't want to lose another league game... ever. We can survive without cups, but not the league.

If he remains it too much longer, you are quite right, nothing will be able to save us.

Asking the question "If you guarantee Kean is sacked by losing the next game would you want Rovers to lose" is completely fatuous because it isn't a real scenario.

It's a slippery slope. First you were not a real fan if you supported Kean (12 months ago). Then you were not a real fan if you gave him the benefit of the doubt (pre-season). Now you are not a real fan if you want Rovers to win (which is essentially what you lot are saying). All that greater good stuff is just nonsense because the variable in all of this is Venky's, who clearly do not behave like other owners. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the more the fans demonstrate, stay away or Rovers lose, the more they will dig their heels in and keep Kean.

I can't see it, look at his stats in total over his tenure and Rovers will almost certainly go down. It would have happened last season if Kean had a full-season in charge instead of the half-season and the points gained during Sam's tenure that season to fall back on.

Asking the question "If you guarantee Kean is sacked by losing the next game would you want Rovers to lose" is completely fatuous because it isn't a real scenario.

It's a slippery slope. First you were not a real fan if you supported Kean (12 months ago). Then you were not a real fan if you gave him the benefit of the doubt (pre-season). Now you are not a real fan if you want Rovers to win (which is essentially what you lot are saying). All that greater good stuff is just nonsense because the variable in all of this is Venky's, who clearly do not behave like other owners. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the more the fans demonstrate, stay away or Rovers lose, the more they will dig their heels in and keep Kean.

I have never said anything about being a "true fan" it is the people that are attacking my, and others, opinion on yesterdays result that are measuring dicks.

Which only enhances the fact they are stupid!!

Mrs Desai, your chickens have only one leg and we arent buying any more if they are delivered that way, F**K off I own Venkys you are just a customer!!

Would they do that?

I think not, so why do it with us customers!!

Archived