BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do you approve of the protests?

Glenn

Regardless of your views on Kean/Venkys do you approve of the protests  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the protests

• Yes, fully and I take part
    • Yes, but I don't take part
    • I think it's important people CAN express themselves, but don't care either way
    • Don't mind
    • I'd prefer them not to happen, but I'm not too upset about it
    • I feel they are an embarrassment and/or damaging in other way
    • Other

Riverside Attendee:

Stop protesting you're showing up the club

PH: (Laughter) That's Venky's job

Riverside Attendee: Want do you want, they couldn't have played any better today

PH: Yes they could.

Riverside Attendee: What do you want Venkys to do, they don't have any money.

PH: Well they said they had some, not me. All I want is a competant manager.

Riverside Attendee: How can anyone do any better than Kean.

PH: (Shaking head) I give up. I'm joining the ones who weren't here today next game. The club is finished.Venky's... welcome to your empty staduim and your worthless club.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like anything about the club anymore. One of the main reasons I started supporting Rovers is because they were so important to the people of the area and did everything to show the fans that they had a voice. Now we are just being used as a front for God knows what. The problem is I can't tear myself away from it.

That sums my present feeling's up perfectly too.I used to look forward to going to Ewood,now its just a case of dreary blind loyalty I suppose but even that has a limit with me.I cant get exited about games anymore....this may be an age thing but it feels like my passion for Rovers is slighty fading and I say that with a heavy heart.

Riverside Attendee: How can anyone do any better than Kean.

PH: (Shaking head) I give up. I'm joining the ones who weren't here today next game. The club is finished.Venky's... welcome to your empty staduim and your worthless club.

Problem is PH I can really believe this happened..it does appear quite a few of our supporters are sleep walking this once proud club into oblivion.

That's sad. You are wrong on a number of accounts. The club is 136 years old, I think it will outlast me, you and the current owners, we are all transitory.

If you feel that the club is worthless and not yours, well, I assume you posted whilst you were upset. We get our club for life, whether we like it or not. Alternatively we can forget football altogether. Hope the world looks better for you in a week or two.

A very angry chap in the Darwen End sat just in front of me left the ground in the first half after heated arguments with KeanOut proponents after we cheered the flyover.

The thrust of his objections were that it was the priority to get three points and thus implying we didn't share that desire.

It's sad that the wrong message appears to be getting out re the protests and causing these divisions. I can't fault the support of the team at least from the Darwen End, and the anti-Kean chants were few and focussed.

Still can't get my head around how anyone can defend Kean's record. I initially had high hopes but the cold, hard facts are that he is dragging BRFC down to the Championship and the malaise amongst the majority of the matchday fans shows any fight for the relegation battle is just not there.

Hats off to the organisers and those who dug into their pockets for today's flyover - perhaps the next plane needs to plot a course over Pune to be effective?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

11 out of 125 only have problems with the protests.

You are on the right track Glen and Simon- keep going.

Much as I love BRFCS.COM I'm not sure that we can extrapolate the poll results here to be reflecting the overall crowd.

If the protests are to continue then there must be thought as to why there are a number of fans who are becoming angry with them.

To fly the plane over the grond during the game surely can't have a positive impact on the team? The protest is meant to have Rovers best interests at heart, yet there was a very real chance this could/did affect the team. I noticed a very tense atmosphere in the ground after the initial humorous cheering at the planes arrival, followed by the few hundred in the BBE shouting 'Kean Out' being completely outshouted by a round of RTID. There was also a few chanting in the Darwen End - but it was obviously a small minority of the crowd. Strong words were exchanged between fans I also thought the game was flat between the arrival of the plane and half time, although it's hard to pinpoint the causality of this on the plane.

It's clear that fans are divided on the protesting issue and I'm not sure that the poll above is representative of the fanbase at large. The anti-Kean feelings of quite a few on this forum seem to have a self-perpetuating effect on many of the others, and I don't think such strong feelings are prevalent amongst fans as a whole. Did 34% (the figure who have voted that they take part in the poll above at time of writing) of the total fans stay behind tonight? It probably closer to 2 or 3%. I've seen a smaller poll on another forum, with 80% thinking the protests aren't a good idea. I could theorise at length on why I think feelings are so much stronger on here than they are overall, but that's a different topic.

Harping on about win %'s gives a very narrow view of the situation at large - our last 5 performances have been good and we have been denied points by poor refereeing and the cutting edge that the top teams have in front of goal. In win % terms, Kean is worse than Ince, yet its obvious to most that we are playing much better than we were back then - we mustn't forget some strong draws under Kean and shocking luck. The players are behind Kean and it would be difficult to argue that if we continue recent form into the next 5 games, against much easier opposition, that we won't pick up points. I think a lot recognise this and this has bought patience from some sections of the crowd. Sacking Kean now, when the players back him, could make things much worse. That isn't to say I would shed a tear if Kean was to go, because his record is very poor - I just think we're improving at the moment. I know plenty of people who are firmly in the 'Kean Out' camp who have called the protests embarrassing.

I do get the feeling that some of the protesters get a kick off stirring it all up. Some of the personal stuff that has been aimed at Kean has been very disappointing and the whole thing feels like a witchhunt. There is so much negativity around the ground being caused by these protests. It's clear that the owners aren't going to sack the manager on the back of narrow defeats to top teams and I doubt they'll sympathise with protestors if they turn the protests at them. I really hope everyone can just unite and support the team - if things are going badly in a match, then make your feelings known - but I think preplanned demonstrations before a ball has even been kicked and planes flying over the ground during games aren't going to help anyone.

I also couldn't give two hoots about the inevitable -/ve's I'm going to get for this post.

So it's the protesters fault and not venkys? Everyone sang rtid Ffs !

Yes, it was Venky's fault we lost today. :wacko:

All I'm saying is that a few people sang Kean Out, and then there was a very loud rendition of RTID - showing a unity behind that song that simply isn't there with regards shouting Kean Out.

Harping on about win %'s gives a very narrow view of the situation at large - our last 5 performances have been good and we have been denied points by poor refereeing and the cutting edge that the top teams have in front of goal.

Do you not see the irony here?

Rumours of interested parties, I'm not privy to such info but have we or have we not been turned bad since they took over.

Hasn't been good that's for sure. Naive and ill prepared to say the very least.

Rumours dont amount to a hill of beans I'm afraid, particularly in the current economic climate. Venkys are the only owners we are likely to have for a long time.

A very angry chap in the Darwen End sat just in front of me left the ground in the first half after heated arguments with KeanOut proponents after we cheered the flyover.

The thrust of his objections were that it was the priority to get three points and thus implying we didn't share that desire.

It's sad that the wrong message appears to be getting out re the protests and causing these divisions. I can't fault the support of the team at least from the Darwen End, and the anti-Kean chants were few and focussed.

Still can't get my head around how anyone can defend Kean's record. I initially had high hopes but the cold, hard facts are that he is dragging BRFC down to the Championship and the malaise amongst the majority of the matchday fans shows any fight for the relegation battle is just not there.

Hats off to the organisers and those who dug into their pockets for today's flyover - perhaps the next plane needs to plot a course over Pune to be effective?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Can't imagine you getting into a heated argument, Neil. Hope you gave him a poke I'm the eye!

Priority to get 3 points against Chelsea? Not to help force a situation where Kean is removed. Says it all really,

Harping on about win %'s gives a very narrow view of the situation at large - our last 5 performances have been good and we have been denied points by poor refereeing and the cutting edge that the top teams have in front of goal. In win % terms, Kean is worse than Ince, yet its obvious to most that we are playing much better than we were back then - we mustn't forget some strong draws under Kean and shocking luck. The players are behind Kean and it would be difficult to argue that if we continue recent form into the next 5 games, against much easier opposition, that we won't pick up points. I think a lot recognise this and this has bought patience from some sections of the crowd. Sacking Kean now, when the players back him, could make things much worse. That isn't to say I would shed a tear if Kean was to go, because his record is very poor - I just think we're improving at the moment. I know plenty of people who are firmly in the 'Kean Out' camp who have called the protests embarrassing.

Sums up the confusion of a lot of fans.

I wouldn't mind him going, but going may make things worse.

Ask yourself how could it be worse. You do realize the next step is the players will stop playing for him. That's what generally happens when a team playing well cannot win.

Or we could have a sudden upturn in fortune and start winning games. With 6 wins out of 32 games, is that really very likely. It's a huge leap of faith in a man who up till 9 months ago had no experience in managing a football club at all.

Do you not see the irony here?

Clearly not. I'm just saying that over the past few weeks his win % is getting worse, yet performances are getting better and against weaker opposition we'd probably have picked up a few wins. Kean's record is really poor and I'm not oblivious to this - yet people seem to exaggerate the negatives and ignore the positives when it comes to him.

Clearly not. I'm just saying that over the past few weeks his win % is getting worse, yet performances are getting better and against weaker opposition we'd probably have picked up a few wins. Kean's record is really poor and I'm not oblivious to this - yet people seem to exaggerate the negatives and ignore the positives when it comes to him.

We're soon to be cut adrift from safety, the manager's record is appalling, but at least we're playing better? Got any other good news?

I've been at each march and sit in with my little lad but not tonight, the reason - it's bonfire night and l had to get him back with my daughter because they wanted to get home for the fireworks. Tonight some people didn't protest because families come first. If there's a sit in next game we'll be there, and each game until Kean is gone.

For people complaining about the timing of the flyover l'm sure Glen and Simon tried for earlier on when no one was at Ewood but it must have been booked up. :rolleyes:

To fly the plane over the grond during the game surely can't have a positive impact on the team? The protest is meant to have Rovers best interests at heart, yet there was a very real chance this could/did affect the team. I noticed a very tense atmosphere in the ground after the initial humorous cheering at the planes arrival, followed by the few hundred in the BBE shouting 'Kean Out' being completely outshouted by a round of RTID. There was also a few chanting in the Darwen End - but it was obviously a small minority of the crowd. Strong words were exchanged between fans I also thought the game was flat between the arrival of the plane and half time, although it's hard to pinpoint the causality of this on the plane.

It's clear that fans are divided on the protesting issue and I'm not sure that the poll above is representative of the fanbase at large. The anti-Kean feelings of quite a few on this forum seem to have a self-perpetuating effect on many of the others, and I don't think such strong feelings are prevalent amongst fans as a whole. Did 34% (the figure who have voted that they take part in the poll above at time of writing) of the total fans stay behind tonight? It probably closer to 2 or 3%. I've seen a smaller poll on another forum, with 80% thinking the protests aren't a good idea. I could theorise at length on why I think feelings are so much stronger on here than they are overall, but that's a different topic.

I do get the feeling that some of the protesters get a kick off stirring it all up. Some of the personal stuff that has been aimed at Kean has been very disappointing and the whole thing feels like a witchhunt. There is so much negativity around the ground being caused by these protests. It's clear that the owners aren't going to sack the manager on the back of narrow defeats to top teams and I doubt they'll sympathise with protestors if they turn the protests at them. I really hope everyone can just unite and support the team - if things are going badly in a match, then make your feelings known - but I think preplanned demonstrations before a ball has even been kicked and planes flying over the ground during games aren't going to help anyone.

I also couldn't give two hoots about the inevitable -/ve's I'm going to get for this post.

Complete tosh you have been an avid Kean supporter throughout and RTID was sung by everyone including me, so don't make out it was to drown other chants out. As one of the biggest chants at Rovers protest is RTID,

i SKIPPED the rest of your post as I have no interest in what a pro kean person has to say because frankly they are just as bad

I've been at each march and sit in with my little lad but not tonight, the reason - it's bonfire night and l had to get him back with my daughter because they wanted to get home for the fireworks. Tonight some people didn't protest because families come first. If there's a sit in next game we'll be there, and each game until Kean is gone.

For people complaining about the timing of the flyover l'm sure Glen and Simon tried for earlier on when no one was at Ewood but it must have been booked up. :rolleyes:

Correct we did not know about minutes silence til late last night and the plane was also delayed today

What positives?

A handful of half-decent performances where we've *STILL* dropped points? You're calling that positive? I'm calling that relegated.

Archived