BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do you approve of the protests?

Glenn

Regardless of your views on Kean/Venkys do you approve of the protests  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the protests

• Yes, fully and I take part
    • Yes, but I don't take part
    • I think it's important people CAN express themselves, but don't care either way
    • Don't mind
    • I'd prefer them not to happen, but I'm not too upset about it
    • I feel they are an embarrassment and/or damaging in other way
    • Other

We're soon to be cut adrift from safety, the manager's record is appalling, but at least we're playing better? Got any other good news?

Our past 5 performances in a row have been good. Our past 4 home games have been against top 5 opposition - these games are now out of the way and we have a run of winnable games - where similar performance levels should bring points. To sack the manager now, when the dressing room supports him and the team is playing well, but being desperately unlucky (of which Kean has no control over) could, and probably would, make things worse. I can't see the players taking it well.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

readsik3 is an apologist for Kean who on one hand tells us to stop going on about Kean's pitiful win stats on one hand but then admits his record is poor on the other.

However, I have to agree with him that this website is not representative of the larger fanbase. Yes, a majority wouldn't be against changing the manager, but are they rabidly anti Kean? Not a chance.

It's scary, complacent and I believe those fans are as delusional as Kean, but it's their view.

Our past 5 performances in a row have been good. Our past 4 home games have been against top 5 opposition - these games are now out of the way and we have a run of winnable games - where similar performance levels should bring points. To sack the manager now, when the dressing room supports him and the team is playing well, but being desperately unlucky (of which Kean has no control over) could, and probably would, make things worse. I can't see the players taking it well.

What makes you think ,we will win games ?

His record does not support your argument 6 wins so far ...

Complete tosh you have been an avid Kean supporter throughout and RTID was sung by everyone including me, so don't make out it was to drown other chants out. As one of the biggest chants at Rovers protest is RTID,

i SKIPPED the rest of your post as I have no interest in what a pro kean person has to say because frankly they are just as bad

Thanks for your contribution to this constructive debate. That you aren't even willing to read what someone who doesn't share your viewpoint has to say says a lot. Please can you enlighten me into what a Pro Kean person (which I'm not really) is 'just as bad as.'

I wasn't implying RTID was to drown out other chants and I clarified this above. Sorry for the confusion.

For the record, you're incorrect in saying I've been an avid Kean supporter throughout. I opposed his appointment and felt he should have gone in the summer. I felt he should have been given a few games after the summer, despite calls for him to go almost immediately, after spending time investing in the squad. When the bad form continued I thought it would be best for him to leave and voted 'Sack' on the poll. In the past month I've seen performances improve and we've been denied results by a mixture of horrible luck and top teams having quality to create chances from very little - and feel given an easier run of fixtures and similar performances we should come good.

Did you not admit that performances had improved recently on Radio Lancashire (when someone asked if you felt protests would affect the team)?

'sonny' :rolleyes:

Yes "sonny", do you not use such words in the Commonwealth?

Thanks for your contribution to this constructive debate. That you aren't even willing to read what someone who doesn't share your viewpoint has to say says a lot. Please can you enlighten me into what a Pro Kean person (which I'm not really) is 'just as bad as.'

I wasn't implying RTID was to drown out other chants and I clarified this above. Sorry for the confusion.

For the record, you're incorrect in saying I've been an avid Kean supporter throughout. I opposed his appointment and felt he should have gone in the summer. I felt he should have been given a few games after the summer, despite calls for him to go almost immediately, after spending time investing in the squad. When the bad form continued I thought it would be best for him to leave and voted 'Sack' on the poll. In the past month I've seen performances improve and we've been denied results by a mixture of horrible luck and top teams having quality to create chances from very little - and feel given an easier run of fixtures and similar performances we should come good.

Did you not admit that performances had improved recently on Radio Lancashire (when someone asked if you felt protests would affect the team)?

Great, look forward to seeing you at the next protest then.

readsik3 is an apologist for Kean who on one hand tells us to stop going on about Kean's pitiful win stats on one hand but then admits his record is poor on the other.

However, I have to agree with him that this website is not representative of the larger fanbase. Yes, a majority wouldn't be against changing the manager, but are they rabidly anti Kean? Not a chance.

It's scary, complacent and I believe those fans are as delusional as Kean, but it's their view.

To clarify, his record is shocking and over his entire tenure we haven't been good enough. What I'm saying is that whilst we've improved recently, his win % has been getting worse and stats like these don't paint the whole picture.

My main point is that I don't agree with protesting - if Kean goes I would be concerned that it may actually make things worse as the squad is behind him and recent performances don't merit immediate sacking.

I did say performances had improved, but protest have been going on whilst this has happened , so if protest help them play better then we may need to protest until the end of the season to have any chance of staying up.

I check the polls and your name pops up on the keep kean list, so based on that, i put you in pro Kean camp,

I don't usually skip posts but its seems the Pro Kean camp are blaming the protests for another defeat, Lets get back to the nitty gritty we have lost again, and 1 win in 11 , tells its own story,

On another note we did a minutes silence today and applause for those who fought and died for our freedom of speech etc, However the clubs stance on Banners and removing people from the ground for chanting, just shows that the owners have no respect for our serviceman who gave us the rights we have today, and have no regard for the British or supporters of Blackburn Rovers

So we gave our respects for those brave people, and the club repayed them by banning something they died for, Another OG by the club

To clarify, his record is shocking and over his entire tenure we haven't been good enough. What I'm saying is that whilst we've improved recently, his win % has been getting worse and stats like these don't paint the whole picture.

My main point is that I don't agree with protesting - if Kean goes I would be concerned that it may actually make things worse as the squad is behind him and recent performances don't merit immediate sacking.

Seriously in the name of everything Holy how in the name of God can things get worse, have you seen the table? Sorry you're right, l apologise, things could be worse, if results go against us tomorrow we could be bottom on Monday :wacko:

I did say performances had improved, but protest have been going on whilst this has happened , so if protest help them play better then we may need to protest until the end of the season to have any chance of staying up.

I check the polls and your name pops up on the keep kean list, so based on that, i put you in pro Kean camp,

I don't usually skip posts but its seems the Pro Kean camp are blaming the protests for another defeat, Lets get back to the nitty gritty we have lost again, and 1 win in 11 , tells its own story,

On another note we did a minutes silence today and applause for those who fought and died for our freedom of speech etc, However the clubs stance on Banners and removing people from the ground for chanting, just shows that the owners have no respect for our serviceman who gave us the rights we have today, and have no regard for the British or supporters of Blackburn Rovers

So we gave our respects for those brave people, and the club repayed them by banning something they died for, Another OG by the club

Am I on some sort of naughty list then? ^_^

I didn't agree with the banner banning and fully respect your right to protest. Who coud know if the plane cost us the game today - I thought the game died off a bit towards the end of the 1st half, but we don't know if the plane was to blame (I explained this in the post you didn't read). I don't think that protesting, especially during the game, is going to encourage the team/create a positive atmosphere.

I don't think banning banners shows a lack of respect for servicemen though - I think you're being harsh/OTT there.

I personally am not sure the protests should go on.

Glen and Simon have done a great job and made their point.

We are never going to get the majority of fans to commit to being vocal with players playing so hard for the manager.

Kean is an idiot, he talks crap, hes failed so far.....

but I can;t get my head around why the players are trying sooo hard, maybe its because he has a young group but they are fighting.

Even though the protests are aimed at Kean it so hard not to respect the players for their effort, what more can fans ask from the players.

They are playing for the manager no doubt.

Until Kean loses the players, the undecided will not commit.

At this point I feel that results will get Kean the sack and results alone, protests can be organic and not planned.

• Backroom

I do agree there about being a bit OTT saying banning banners is disrespect for servicemen thats a bit of a strawman for me, still a ridiculous decision though.

What whole picture?

Results are everything and Kean has been nothing more than abysmal for a year in charge now.

Performances will count for nothing if we're in the bottom 3 come May.

What whole picture?

Results are everything and Kean has been nothing more than abysmal for a year in charge now.

Performances will count for nothing if we're in the bottom 3 come May.

I agree. The point is that the performances have merited results and against lower quality opposition we should be able to pick them up. Our past 4 home league games have been against top 5 opposition and now these are behind us. We were better on the night than high flying Newcastle. We looked stronger than QPR away (Kean can be blamed for not being more adventurous in the 2nd half) and much stronger than Norwich, and were so unlucky to not win. We played well for virtually the whole Spurs game, but there is nothing Kean can do about Van der Vaart curling the ball into the corner from 20 yards. Kean can't do anything about lucky deflections and joke penalty decisions. There's very little he can do if he sets up a team that creates chances but doesn't convert them

Maintaining this performance level and a bit of better luck and we should be leaving teams like Wolves, Wigan and Bolton behind.

Performances, schmeformances.

Playing well and still losing for the last five games does not give me any hope that we'll soon "turn the corner".

We need to lock the back door, become hard to beat. We keep on leaking goals. You can't say we've been unlucky for five games on the spin. If Kean gets binned and someone better takes off then there would be a positive reaction that may just start a chain reaction.

I just can't go with this "the players are playing well, we must not upset them" mode of thinking at all, I'm sorry.

All academic though, as he won't get sacked.

2 points, we didnt get beat by norwich and second point is we were NEVER better than qpr, both sides were equally abysmal.

Oops, good spot.

I don't think we were amazing against QPR, but worthy of a point and we did OK. I reckon if Kean had been more adventurous we'd have probably won - perhaps the fear of the backlash from fans after recent protests and the 4-0 drubbing swung him not to go for the win?

Archived