BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do you approve of the protests?

Glenn

Regardless of your views on Kean/Venkys do you approve of the protests  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the protests

• Yes, fully and I take part
    • Yes, but I don't take part
    • I think it's important people CAN express themselves, but don't care either way
    • Don't mind
    • I'd prefer them not to happen, but I'm not too upset about it
    • I feel they are an embarrassment and/or damaging in other way
    • Other

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact the the overwhelming feeling on the internet didn't match what I was hearing from people at games was partly why I started this poll and to get across that both pro and anti Kean/Venkys/Protest people are welcome to air their views here.

The fact the the overwhelming feeling on the internet didn't match what I was hearing from people at games was partly why I started this poll and to get across that both pro and anti Kean/Venkys/Protest people are welcome to air their views here.

What would be the average makeup of users of this site compared to those who go to Ewood? In what ways would it be different?

While it is only general, the users of the internet does tend to skew towards the younger section of our support. Certainly, those over 40 would likely be in the minority.

Results haven't sacked him. Protests haven't sacked him. There's little left to do but boycott.

Still happy we have lost again? It's ok saying boycot from the other side of the country .

Funny that just been watching a documentary on the history channel on the occupation of France and how it split the French, couldn't help thinking about Rovers

And Gestapo venky tactics

To be fair USABlue, the media have pretty much always been sympathetic to Kean, save a few clued-up journos. The majority either haven't researched the situation at Rovers enough (or simply don't care) or have other "connections" which require them to shed positive light on Kean (step forward Charlie "SEM" Nicholas and the Soccer Saturday banter boys).

Well thanks for that different perspective, only what I see and it is not just the English media, the fellas on FoxSports are becoming a bit sympathetic too.

I DO approve of the protests and really respect what Glen and co are doing to try and mobilise Rovers fans to have their say on their concerns about the way the club is being run and the team being managed. My sense, having watched Rovers for the last 25 years or so is that our fans tend to be at worst extremely apathetic or at best naturally conservative; so to be honest the fact that there has been any protesting at all feels like a real achievement to me.

I stayed for a while for the 'sit-in' after the Chelsea game yesterday and was disappointed with, and embarrassed by, the tone of the protest. Many of the chants were highly personal against Kean rather than highlighting our concerns about his failings as the team manager. I know there was the topicality of it being bonfire night, but songs about burning Venky's in a bonfire could be interpreted by the club and media as having racist undertones.

I DO respect the views expressed on here about not letting the protests negatively impact on performances on the pitch. There is a really careful balance to be struck. Showing vocal support for the team and expressing concerns about the way the club is run aren’t mutually exclusive (e.g. Man Utd’s ‘Love the Club; hate the Glazers’ slogan).

It’s my view that the protest would have more impact and credibility with the owners, media and Rovers fans if a couple of clear and consistent messages were carefully chosen focusing on our love of the club and our worries about its future being threatened , rather than personal insults and threats of violence against the manager and the owners.

So, I support the protests but am currently a bit embarrassed that the way we are doing them undermines our credibility.

Can the mods ban her please, didn't get my tea until 5pm today as shes rediscovered the site :angry2::D

Read are you not aware that if you have a differing view you are not allowed to air it??? You'll be getting branded a "keanette" next which keeps happening to me on here!!

You aired them didn't you. Just because people don't agree with you don't mean you haven't aired them.

I'm just amazed that people like yourself still believe Kean can turn it around, yet you can type and obviously can read.

It makes me wonder how the stats and facts aren't getting through to you guys.

First post,

Never thought it would happen.

I have been a lurker here (I think that's what you call us)for many years.

Unfortunately, I am old, but a Rover's fan through and through my decaying bones.

I watch the imposter we have as a manaager and it reminds me of Hitler's last day's. Stuck in a Berlin bunker, surrounded by Russians, but convinced he could still win the war.

Well done Glen , and all who have the vision to fight for our club, I wish, I just could join you.

T2T

I'm all for the protests, Even if the Anderson puppet show doesn't listen, it allows people to vent. Otherwise the atmosphere will be awful at games, and violence may happen out of repressed anger. We need to do something to show our anger and sticking 7.62 mm of hot steel in Anderson, Kean and Mrs. Desai's foreheads is not exactly a proportional response. It would be pretty bad PR for the cause if nothing else.

Can the mods ban her please, didn't get my tea until 5pm today as shes rediscovered the site :angry2::D

thats because she was chatting me up .

So you won't boycott because it's tough?

whys it tough?

how many marches did you do? how many sit ins?

did you sit in yesterday?

are you enjoying us not winning ,its what you wanted ,you said you were finished?

So you won't boycott because it's tough?

whys it tough?

are you enjoying us not winning ,its what you wanted ,you said you were finished?

whys it tough?

You said it's okay for me to say 'boycott' because I'm 300 miles away.

What's stopping you then?

First post on brfcs after almost a year just reading other posts.

I am just a Norwegian supporter of blackburn rovers for the past 17 years who loves to follow every game on tv, and hopefully come to ewood park soon to watch my first rover game live in england. I try to pick up as much information about rovers as i can get from media and this forum and i have as every rover supporter made up some opinions about the clubs situation and the protests.

First games of the season i thought we just had a rough start with alot of injuries on our defense and a bit of bad luck. I admit that i were one of the 1-2% that voted give kean more time, because the transfer window was quite slow for us and i felt that things would get better by time. i made my own judgement deadline which was after the QPR game to sum up.

As things happened i made up my opinion alot sooner, after the Newcastle game to be excact.

I support that steve kean should go/be fired.

The main reason why i want him out is because he's splitting up the fans, both in norway and in the uk. Even if rovers would have great results the rest of the season and actually finish in top 6 (like thats possible) the damage that has been made is far to big. We are a small club and the fans needs to be united, and the only way i see that happening is to get a new man in charge.

Steve kean is always so damn positive. At first i thought that it could be a positive thing. Hes building of the confidence of the player. The problem is that hes always so damn positive, even when we play terrible. The players needs to hear when they play worse than what is expected at this level, and the fans needs to hear the manager say it so that we know that he are aware of the problem and they are working on getting better at those things.

The way he has handled the criticism and the protest from the fans is just pure terrible. If he had said "yes i am aware of the protests, and i think they have the right to critize me when the results are so bad" he would have gained so much respect from me. he would have handled it as man. Instead he is just ignoring it, saying the protests are less than 1% etc. He is handling it like a scary chicken.

At this point it almost looks like even venkys have lost faith in him, if the rumors are true about hiring a DOF to be in charge of things, and keep kean as i puppet. I dont want a puppet in this club.

I also think alot of people blame to much stuff on steve kean. Things that happens during the game that he really can't control. I think alot more fans would be more supportive to the protests if people critize him for things he's responsible for and not for things like the bad weather (to give a bad example). But i also understand alot of the frustration from you people. I also get sad and frustrated when we lose, but i realize that is more emotional for you guys, because you live in the area and rovers are a big part of your community, and i can never have the same passion as you guys.

Finally i think the protest should be directed to venkys instead of kean. Venkys are the root to all evil at this moment. They are responsible for hiring steve kean, for all the resigning of experienced people, and if the rumors ive heard are correct; for putting this club in debt by taking up loans for players instead of investing their own money as they promised.

So in conclusion i hope protests continues but i hope they are directed direcly to venkys. Maybe there is a tiny hope that they will sack the bald man to save their own skin. And i hope the fans will be united soon before it tears this club apart

Supporters are now divided, but I personally think the majority want the Anti Kean demo's to stop

It's really time to focus on our owners, Kean is just the front of a very bad shop window at the moment and they continue to hide.

Personally, If he loses at Wigan, he's finished anyway, it's the graveyard for failing managers, period.

However, if the protesters carry on how they are, there will be falling out amongst the supporters, why?

1. When the protesters were coming back up from the concourse in the BBE, a fair few of them got a load of stick from other fans on the way up and there was some unpleasant verbal exchanges from supporters now entrenched in both camps

2. A fair few of the protesters are the same people that wanted Sam out FFS

3. A fair few of the protesters are the same people that sung the Owen Coyle song

4. Most neutrals now think that this protest is counter productive, the point has been made about Kean now. In fact, it's being overstated!

So, in summary, animosity plus credibility!

We desperately need to unify, it does us all no good whatsoever to be divided, which is why we should unite behind a theme such as Love Rovers, Not Venky's etc.

Supporters are now divided, but I personally think the majority want the Anti Kean demo's to stop

It's really time to focus on our owners, Kean is just the front of a very bad shop window at the moment and they continue to hide.

Personally, If he loses at Wigan, he's finished anyway, it's the graveyard for failing managers, period.

However, if the protesters carry on how they are, there will be falling out amongst the supporters, why?

1. When the protesters were coming back up from the concourse in the BBE, a fair few of them got a load of stick from other fans on the way up and there was some unpleasant verbal exchanges from supporters now entrenched in both camps

2. A fair few of the protesters are the same people that wanted Sam out FFS

3. A fair few of the protesters are the same people that sung the Owen Coyle song

4. Most neutrals now think that this protest is counter productive, the point has been made about Kean now. In fact, it's being overstated!

So, in summary, animosity plus credibility!

We desperately need to unify, it does us all no good whatsoever to be divided, which is why we should unite behind a theme such as Love Rovers, Not Venky's etc.

Fellow poster trs raised a very valid point yesterday, the real protesters are the stay away fans, not the 150 or so trying to make a difference on match days.

The Chelsea gate, just over 21k was probably 3k down on what we should be getting, those 3k are voting with their feet and are not singing any songs, swapping insults etc etc ;)

Archived