BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we established he is a Burnley supporter as his name is similar to someone posting as a dingle on a dingle board haven't we?

A Dingle supporter who has had a Rovers season ticket for 14 years since the age of 13. How original your post heard that at least 10 times on this thread mate. Boring now

what actually is the point of this thread, are you guys trying to convince Chris Fox thats he's wrong?

Does it matter, his views are so extreme that he is never going to be converted.

whole thread is one big joke

Im certain i wont be the only Rovers fan with the view that of late performances have been good and Steve Kean should be given more time

Im certain i wont be the only Rovers fan with the view that of late performances have been good and Steve Kean should be given more time

I would agree with that - and have stated he should be given the Wigan match previously (not certain I would go beyond that if we don't win). I think your opening statement - Europe in 2-3 years - good in transfer market etc etc - was a little optimistic to say the least - possibly to evoke a reaction ?

I have spoken to quite a few Rovers fans who still hope (not expect) that Kean will turn it around. Many have commented on the improved performances since Clement joined the staff etc. In part I think you have to remember who we played in the last four matches at home - irrespective of the manager 3 points wasn't a bad return considering the opposition. In truth the Wolves and Everton defeats are the ones that are hurting us at the moment - where I think we could have expected at least 4 points - there was mitigating circumstances in both those matches.

There is somebody claiming to have evidence but I think it all a bit far=fetched.

This is one rumour I have in the category of exagerated or unlikely. The really problematic backhander would be from Anderson. The Raos are his ultimate employer so that would be a bonus unless it is going a route HMRC would be interested to know about.

From what I gather the 2.5million is only a side pocket of the amount of monies being spent unlawfully. Jean received a massive coup from the sale of phil jones and also received sums from all the other transfer dealings through the summer (yakubu being another big coup for Kean). Venkys have been spending Obscene amounts of money on agents, including large sums going to a certain mr Anderson.

The premier league (from what I have been informed) are aware of some of these "dealings" but have gone against taking action. Apparently due to them not wanting to make a mockery of the "fit and proper test" as they believe if the club was deducted points and eventually relegated a large slice of blame will be aimed towards them.

The FA have instructed the club to find new owners and there are 3 interested parties and Arabian consortium a British businesman and the 3rd unknown.

I would agree with that - and have stated he should be given the Wigan match previously (not certain I would go beyond that if we don't win). I think your opening statement - Europe in 2-3 years - good in transfer market etc etc - was a little optimistic to say the least - possibly to evoke a reaction ?

I have spoken to quite a few Rovers fans who still hope (not expect) that Kean will turn it around. Many have commented on the improved performances since Clement joined the staff etc. In part I think you have to remember who we played in the last four matches at home - irrespective of the manager 3 points wasn't a bad return considering the opposition. In truth the Wolves and Everton defeats are the ones that are hurting us at the moment - where I think we could have expected at least 4 points - there was mitigating circumstances in both those matches.

There will be mitigating circumstances in future games too and we still won't get the points.Not set up to win games or hold on to leads.

I could understand this "the performances are improving" argument if our points total was anywhere even close to acceptable, but its a flipping mile off. If we were going along at about a point a game (still relegation form) but the performances warranted something better then I would be all for giving Kean more time. But to average 0.5 points per game this season and to already be 4 points from safety, and still have people claiming Kean could potentially be a good manager is the very definition of losing the plot.

From what I gather the 2.5million is only a side pocket of the amount of monies being spent unlawfully. Jean received a massive coup from the sale of phil jones and also received sums from all the other transfer dealings through the summer (yakubu being another big coup for Kean). Venkys have been spending Obscene amounts of money on agents, including large sums going to a certain mr Anderson.

The premier league (from what I have been informed) are aware of some of these "dealings" but have gone against taking action. Apparently due to them not wanting to make a mockery of the "fit and proper test" as they believe if the club was deducted points and eventually relegated a large slice of blame will be aimed towards them.

The FA have instructed the club to find new owners and there are 3 interested parties and Arabian consortium a British businesman and the 3rd unknown.

Have you actually got any evidence of this whatsoever?

Blimey, nearly choked on me cocoa when I read the last bit. Please let it happen

Ultimately its not performances that count at the end of the season its points. We are already adrift in the relegation zone, we don't need to be debating about luck, refereeing decisions, improved performences etc, the only tangilbe criteria for any team come May is how many points on the board they have this can mean the difference between saftey and relegation, Champions and Runners up, Champions League or UEFA Cup or what I dream of now is good old fashioned mid table mediocratey. Good performances which required a bit more luck or a better refereeing decisions can only be looked at in himdsight. In fact I would liken Kean in some of his pressers to the South Park Superhero, "Captain Hindsight"

It is not about performances, but results. Steve kean has the worse record of any other manager who has been at Rovers. 6 league wins in 30 odd games shows that the performance is not good enough.

The defence has not kept a clean sheet for 17 matches.

Rovers have not won a league match in nearly two months.

A good performance has not got the team anywhere.

Added to the fact that,Steve Kean is a drunk driver who is not fit to be a manager of a football club.

Like all drink drivers, he is scum.

It's tine to wake up folks and start asking WHY is he still here?

We have gone far beyond any rational explanation for his appointment in the first place, then a three year deal then stating on for another season after the farce of the last one and still clinging on as his record gets even worse.

It's not made sense from day one and we need answers.

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

I agree with you Darwen Blue, there is so much hype and rubbish on the board. With better luck and good refereeing decisions we would be we placed. Kean cannot control what idiotic refs give.

Archived