BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

It's tine to wake up folks and start asking WHY is he still here?

We have gone far beyond any rational explanation for his appointment in the first place, then a three year deal then stating on for another season after the farce of the last one and still clinging on as his record gets even worse.

It's not made sense from day one and we need answers.

Completely agree but he somehow is still manager and in charge of Rovers immediate destiny.

We have a run of games coming up between the Wigan away game and the home game to Bolton on 20th December which in normal times would look like points should be available. All look winnable so at least a few away draws and home wins are realistic, again in normal circumstances.

The Wigan match IMO sets a precedent for the run of games that follow. If we win then perhaps a good run in on the cards, if we lose we are in deep poo, if we draw only Kean actually wins.

If we lose to Wigan then it is not about giving Kean a break but giving Rovers a break because if something is not done then to replace Kean we will IMO be setup to be relegated at Seasons end and what happens next is the stuff of nightmares. Worse nightmares than I am already having.

To keep Kean after a loss at Wigan would defy all logic and should be the final nail in the Rao's coffin - how could they regain the trust of ALL fans if the kept him on.

A 'line in the sand' has to be drawn somewhere and the road to Wigan Pier is as good a place as any.

The situation is such that I desperately want a win at Wigan followed by a good long run of results to get us up the table but I also want Kean out - for all the reasons to numerous to mention here.

Can't have both that's for sure.

I have never felt this depressed since my Dad died 25 years ago, he was from Blackburn and got me into following Rovers as a very young in the late 1950's. I will not forget or forgive any of the senior management or the current owners of Rovers for that - never.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you Darwen Blue, there is so much hype and rubbish on the board. With better luck and good refereeing decisions we would be we placed. Kean cannot control what idiotic refs give.

Bad luck and/or bad refereeing decisions affect you in maybe a handful of games over a season.

How do you explain the other 11 months of undiluted incompetence??

Bad luck and/or bad refereeing decisions affect you in maybe a handful of games over a season.

How do you explain the other 11 months of undiluted incompetence??

Well if where going off the luck argument. Everton game yes we should have had 3 points and norwich yes we should have had 3 points so that is an extra 5 points as we did get 1 against norwich. However fulham away we should have been well beaten rather than gaining a point as we did and arsenal at home we should have been well beaten but got 3 points. Therefore we would be a point better off.

Therefore your arguement of "luck" really doesn't stand.

But we didn't get those extra points, did we? What are we going to do, appeal to the FA?

if you can't close out a game at 3-1 you don't deserve to win.

At the end of the season you finish where you deserve to finish. And with a quarter of the season gone, I'd say it's odds-on we will finish bottom 3 if not bottom.

What BS excuses will Venky's/Kean-apologists be spouting then?

Can't believe people at times.

Well if where going off the luck argument. Everton game yes we should have had 3 points and norwich yes we should have had 3 points so that is an extra 5 points as we did get 1 against norwich. However fulham away we should have been well beaten rather than gaining a point as we did and arsenal at home we should have been well beaten but got 3 points. Therefore we would be a point better off.

Therefore your arguement of "luck" really doesn't stand.

This is spot on. Every time Kean says we have been unlucky he is also suggesting indirectly that we have been lucky as well against as you say Arsenal and Fulham away, so I wonder how long he is going to mention the Everton game in particular. Probably when we go down as well, he is going to say, "Well, we should have had points from the Everton game and this and that game, and I am delighted" blahblahblah, I am so sick and tired of Steve Clown! :(

Im getting so bored of this. Kean is here for the foreseeable future regardless of any protests. I dont want him here but thats the way its going to be. Its time to start acting like adults and getting over it. Results recently havent improved but the performances have. Yes, of course the results are more important, but to play well against Chelsea and Spurs suggests that there is enough quality in the side to stay up. The games we have coming up will dictate our season and I honestly dont see how relentlessly protesting will help anyone although a defeat against Wigan would merit a protest far far more then the defeats against Spurs and Chelsea.

The point has got across, the message is clear that the majority of Blackburn fans dont like Steve Kean. The reality is that these protests have done little more than make people sympathise with Steve Kean.

To see us play well against Chelsea and Spurs, games that we would have probably lost under any manager, and to then see a small amount of fans protesting and chanting for Kean's head, makes them look rather foolish to be honest.

Perhaps protesting after games which we should be expecting to win and then lose would be a wiser strategy???

I know people are saying that Venky's still need to be aware that the fans want Kean out, well face the facts, they're clearly ignoring these protests. I dont think its right, but thats that. They bought the club, its their decision and that is how it is. The fans dont get to decide how their club is run at any other club in this country and I dont believe that we're the only team which is being managed by an unpopular manager.

Im getting so bored of this. Kean is here for the foreseeable future regardless of any protests. I dont want him here but thats the way its going to be. Its time to start acting like adults and getting over it. Results recently havent improved but the performances have. Yes, of course the results are more important, but to play well against Chelsea and Spurs suggests that there is enough quality in the side to stay up. The games we have coming up will dictate our season and I honestly dont see how relentlessly protesting will help anyone although a defeat against Wigan would merit a protest far far more then the defeats against Spurs and Chelsea.

The point has got across, the message is clear that the majority of Blackburn fans dont like Steve Kean. The reality is that these protests have done little more than make people sympathise with Steve Kean.

To see us play well against Chelsea and Spurs, games that we would have probably lost under any manager, and to then see a small amount of fans protesting and chanting for Kean's head, makes them look rather foolish to be honest.

Perhaps protesting after games which we should be expecting to win and then lose would be a wiser strategy???

I know people are saying that Venky's still need to be aware that the fans want Kean out, well face the facts, they're clearly ignoring these protests. I dont think its right, but thats that. They bought the club, its their decision and that is how it is. The fans dont get to decide how their club is run at any other club in this country and I dont believe that we're the only team which is being managed by an unpopular manager.

Actually you could be on to something here, Venky's keeping Kean in a job for one thing , all the stick focuses on him, whilst the V's and Kean's mate empty out the club safe and melt down the silverware, the famous diversion tactic, afterwards Agnew gives the police a statement and blames it on the supporters.

And I'm bored of people like you who accept all the crap that is thrown at them. Children accept without question. Adults do something, whatever they can, about it.

I have never felt this depressed since my Dad died 25 years ago, he was from Blackburn and got me into following Rovers as a very young in the late 1950's. I will not forget or forgive any of the senior management or the current owners of Rovers for that - never.

Horrible times :(

I am struggling with this too. My dad got me into Rovers when I was about 4 and a lot of my memories of him revolve around talking about Rovers and going all over the place to games, waiting with me in the freezing cold for autographs etc. He died 9 years ago now, and it took me a while to be able to go back to Ewood and games without him, but I managed it eventually. Watching this destruction of the club is horrible. It was bad enough losing him, but now I feel like the main thing we bonded over is disappearing before my very eyes too.

Good News folks!!! Steve Kean has been rewarded by way of a new contract, bet you lot will love that. I on the other hand am pleased by this and its a show of unity at ewood no matter how much you protest.

Go Kean yourself you troll.

The first three words of your post prove that you are here to do nothing but wind people up.

Go Kean yourself you troll.

The first three words of your post prove that you are here to do nothing but wind people up.

Because i do not share your opinion? You will be one of many singing his name proudly no doubt if we go on an unbeaten run and suddenly find ourselves in the top half of the table.

Because i do not share your opinion? You will be one of many singing his name proudly no doubt if we go on an unbeaten run and suddenly find ourselves in the top half of the table.

I've not supported him since Boxing Day 2010.

It's not likely...

There is too much respect in opinions on this board. People can have the opinion that the moon doesn't exist...it doesn't mean they are not idiots.

Do you crawl out of a wardrobe everyday to go to work? You are living in a dream world pal!!! Go back and suck off that lions chapstick

Ok, I'll play the game, do you feel that Steve Kean's record deserves a new and improved contract?

No i dont, i think its a little premature and i would have liked Venkys to have waited until the outcome of the next 6 games before issuing a new contract. The protesters have forced Venkys into giving him this contract to show their support. So well done lads.

No i dont, i think its a little premature and i would have liked Venkys to have waited until the outcome of the next 6 games before issuing a new contract. The protesters have forced Venkys into giving him this contract to show their support. So well done lads.

T

You are just stupid. :rolleyes: Worst reason ever in the history of mankind. If they have given him a new contract on that ground, then congratulations to Venky's. :wstu:

why improve his contract in the 1st place? If he starts doing well and we win sh1t loads from now till the end of the season, is that not a better time to give him one? Why after the next 6 games?

Archived