BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

Because i do not share your opinion? You will be one of many singing his name proudly no doubt if we go on an unbeaten run and suddenly find ourselves in the top half of the table.

I dont know you, it would be wrong of me to fire you down and name call etc. I will however say this, how do you even think Kean is capable of taking us into the top half of the table, on what basis dop you make your judgement, we are so badly organised as a unit, a local Sunday league team would have a chance of scoring against us, we have shown we can pass the ball around, we have also shown our inability to close space down and not protect the back four, signings have been, in my opinion, wayward and without thought, we now have five players who's best position is just behind the stiker, both Rochina and Formica, along with Junior, Dunny and possibly Goodwillie, yet we havent got a 15 goal a season striker, top wide midfielders who work back and protect the defence and we certainly havent a ballwinner, main ingredients for a decent side.

So please let us know how you have come to these conclusions, indeed, we have only won one game so far this season and only six since Kean was unfairly elevated to the position as so called manager.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No i dont, i think its a little premature and i would have liked Venkys to have waited until the outcome of the next 6 games before issuing a new contract. The protesters have forced Venkys into giving him this contract to show their support. So well done lads.

so you don't think he deserved one but yet you call it good news?

and how do you know its down to the protesters, maybe it is because of people like you who act as the apparent 99% who support him, if venky's believe he is that popular, then why not give him a new contract - it's what the Rovers Fans seem to want?

unlikely yeah, however it's as unlikely as your point!

No i dont, i think its a little premature and i would have liked Venkys to have waited until the outcome of the next 6 games before issuing a new contract. The protesters have forced Venkys into giving him this contract to show their support. So well done lads.

The protesters haven't forced the owners into giving him a new contract.

They can show their support by just not sacking him. Although i wish they would.

why do you guys even reply to this guys it's idiotic.

He is obviously after attention.

how can you argue with something so ridiculous and why bother?

Serious question can anyone think of a situation where a pl manager has a sub 20% win record yet is rewarded with a more lucrative and longer term deal? Any sport?

It defies logic and will have proven that Venkys have no desire to listen to fans, what does he know?

I also think we should give kean a break. Not because i want to keep him, but because venkys are far more dangerous.

To me it looks like steve kean is working as hard as he can and he even have the players in his back, and we have been really close to getting positive results lately. imo we have a very good chance of staying in the premier league, and i dont think we will get relegated even if we keep him.

What needs to be protested is venkys loans on blackburn, their faith in steve kean, broken promises and the resigning of senior management.

i live in norway so i can't activly protest, but i have some ideas and suggestions i would like to share.

First i dont think rovers fans are strong enough to fight venkys alone.

I think we should have banners like "FA please help us, investigate our club", "something smells fishy in rovers" etc. Seriously, we need to show and beg media and FA to start digging in the whole venky takeover, jerome andersons role etc etc.

The steve kean protest has gotten medias attention, but its just a manager we want sacked. managers getting sacked happens all the time. We need to get media/fa to start finding dirt on rovers, like corruption in million punds scale, things that actually have an interest outside of lancashire and that sells tons of papers. Even though begging media and FA to investigate us may potentially be a huge blow on rovers attention, i think its a risk that should be taking if we consider that in a worse case scenario we risk asset stripping in a 100 million scale if venkys are not stopped

I see two scenarios:

1: either venkys have honest intentions and are just plain stupid.

2: venkys are doing shady business and we need to get help from media

Serious question can anyone think of a situation where a pl manager has a sub 20% win record yet is rewarded with a more lucrative and longer term deal? Any sport?

It defies logic and will have proven that Venkys have no desire to listen to fans, what does he know?

It tells me, though this is my opinion, there have been some shady dealings which must not get out, maybe involving one of the Venkys family!!!

• Backroom

To me it looks like steve kean is working as hard as he can and he even have the players in his back, and we have been really close to getting positive results lately. imo we have a very good chance of staying in the premier league, and i dont think we will get relegated even if we keep him.

You need to wake up pal, we're on a one way trip to the Championship with no return ticket. Den posted some stats in a previous thread showing how truly dire our situation is... I suggest you find them and re-evaluate whether we have a "very good chance" of staying in the premier league with a manager who averages 0.5 points a game.

• Moderation Lead

We will see in 6 weeks or so when you have all changed your boring tune.

When Kean's effectively relegated us after another wretched run of poor results?

You really are a mug.

You need to wake up pal, we're on a one way trip to the Championship with no return ticket. Den posted some stats in a previous thread showing how truly dire our situation is... I suggest you find them and re-evaluate whether we have a "very good chance" of staying in the premier league with a manager who averages 0.5 points a game.

As i said in my post i don't want to keep him, but i personally believe that rovers will not be relegated this season even with kean behind the wheel. Call me naive but our play has improved and i have that much confidence in the players.

If venkys are stripping our assets we risk not only to be relegated to the championship, rovers can be the new leeds in a very short time. thats far worse. And Kean is only venkys puppet anyway. As long as the fans attack him venkys can sit quite comfortable.

And in sportsmanagement you always kick down to save yourself.

Let me give you an example:

1: Rovers fans are screaming to steve kean that he's not doing a good enough job. Steve kean responds by getting rid of his assistent john faxe jensen.

2: Rovers fans are screaming to venkys that they are doing a very poor job. Venkys would look down and maybe blame the chairman, but since they already have replaced him with a marionette they will look at kean. And hopefully get rid of him.

yet again - opinion!!

all the facts point out how awful Kean is.

All these people who share your view keep giving your opinion "wait till he assembles his own squad", "we beat Arsenal watch us climb now", now its 6 more weeks?

fact is he is the worst manager in our premier league history. that's fact not just an opinion. Nobody in support of Kean has any facts to support him, all they have is hope, based on no foundations that things will get better

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/brfcs/public_html/mb/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_global.php on line 1088

Fatal error: Class declarations may not be nested in /home/brfcs/public_html/mb/admin/sources/classes/itemmarking/classItemMarking.php on line 25

:lol:

Yawn, go back to the land that time forgot - Burnley

Can i just say a big congratulations to Paul Yates, Simon Smith and Steve Gormley. These people obviously in some way shape or form share my views on Steve Kean and the recent performances and like me are not afraid to voice . HOPE THE FOUR OF YOU DON'T GET TOO LONELY IN THE COMING MONTHS.

Never heard of these chaps..... Are they Rovers fans (seriously)?

I forget which Dickens novel novel it was but you do remind me of a certain likeable fellow Mr. Macawber, always thought something better was just around the corner, it never was!!

Can i just say a big congratulations to Paul Yates, Simon Smith and Steve Gormley. These people obviously in some way shape or form share my views on Steve Kean and the recent performances and like me are not afraid to voice them. Page 38 LTelegraph

Who the flip are these 3 folk? Do they come from Burnley?

Time to ignore the muppet.

Good News folks!!! Steve Kean has been rewarded by way of a new contract, bet you lot will love that. I on the other hand am pleased by this and its a show of unity at ewood no matter how much you protest.

I am sorry Chris - if this latest rumour is proven to be true, it is an absolute disgrace. I was prepared to give him the Wigan match - and go from there (if we won). But to reward somebody with a new contract for the points return that Kean currently has is an absolute disgrace.

I agree that it would be refreshing to see loyalty and unity at Ewood - but that has to be earned - and at the moment Kean still has a hell of a lot to prove.

If somebody started a rumour that Venky's were actually Burnley fans - I don't think many would disagree at this moment in time.

Lets hope we win at Wigan - or this place with go into melt down.

Archived