BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Is there a record for most down-rated post on here? -40 is incredible.

One of Mum's posts got a -37 in one of the other threads, which I thought was impressive... this one has topped it though!

I think its unfair for people to post nasty comments like take off your straight jacket, where is your support carer etc etc and then be unhappy by what i reply with. Has Matt not gone too far people? no one else gone slightly too far by throwing personal insults at me?? Dont give it if you cant take it. Personally i would like to stick to posting about football. So im sorry if i have upset people it wasnt intended honestly and i take back what i said.

. . .

So very much a mixed bag certainly not enough to justify him staying. But most importantly win% of 18.75%

We havent scored in last 15 mins of any game this season.

We have only scored last goal in a game once.

Kept 0 clean sheets in 17.

Quality of football is better than fat Sam. But its about results man. . . .

Your pathetic mate, most probably one of the 100 muppets trying to get your face on Sky Sports news or perhaps your the ar*ehole with the inbred wippet sporting the Taxi for Kean sign.

Chris Fox Darwen Blue: Please forgive me, but I'm merely an ignorant American who knows precious little about English football. But it appears to my inexperienced eye that the facts cited by Matt83 are correct. What did he get wrong?

And why is it that you find one Premier League win this season acceptable?

Can admin track his IP? I presume its origin may be Pune?

Or Brockhall.

I think its unfair for people to post nasty comments like take off your straight jacket, where is your support carer etc etc and then be unhappy by what i reply with. Has Matt not gone too far people? no one else gone slightly too far by throwing personal insults at me?? Dont give it if you cant take it. Personally i would like to stick to posting about football. So im sorry if i have upset people it wasnt intended honestly and i take back what i said.

i never threw an insult in your direction once, however this did not stop you calling me a muppet?

so don't throw that one

Hi to everyone,

I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment.

I'm probably stating the obvious but you did yourself no favours with the part that I've bolded.

It's quite unbelievable, unless you're on the wind up or on the Venky payroll.

I would then start to worry. The way we have performed of late though i really cant see that happening my prediction is a 0-3 Rovers victory

So after one game, you'd start to worry? Yet after 30 games we aren't allowed to? Hypocrite.

I'm probably stating the obvious but you did yourself no favours with the part that I've bolded.

It's quite unbelievable, unless you're on the wind up or on the Venky payroll.

No wind up merely trying to support my club and the lads that are doing there up most to turn a corner and get points on the board. Im not going to apologise for trying to be optimistic what would be the point in going to Ewood if that wasnt my view?

Yes that's exactly what I was doing. Just as much as you saying that the reason for the animosity towards Kean was mainly cooked up on the internet.

And there was me thinking it was the truly atrocious run of results, the terrible PR and the fact that we're at the bottom of the league.

Silly me, it's all the internets fault. Well done DavidMailsTightPerm.

Not the internet - but the countless rumours posted on the internet.

The hatred towards Kean is IMO way over the top - and goes beyond just the appalling record he has. After all - this man is holding the Venkys to ransom because of all the dirt he has on them - or so some would have us believe !

I would have had him sacked a while ago - but given the recent performances believe he deserves a crack at Wigan.

The hatred towards Kean is IMO way over the top - and goes beyond just the appalling record he has. After all - this man is holding the Venkys to ransom because of all the dirt he has on them - or so some would have us believe !

I would have had him sacked a while ago - but given the recent performances believe he deserves a crack at Wigan.

Well Said my thoughts exactly

No wind up merely trying to support my club and the lads that are doing there up most to turn a corner and get points on the board. Im not going to apologise for trying to be optimistic what would be the point in going to Ewood if that wasnt my view?

Christ, if this is turning a corner I now know why the Romans built straight roads.

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment. I agree his team line ups have been somewhat of a mystery recently but the lads always put on a captivating performance which we should be happy with. We need to get behind the lads and the manager as i believe we can get ourselves out of the trouble where in. GET BEHIND THE TEAM

Haha. What an idiot. Deffo steve kean under a guise.

He really deserves nothing but the sack, against KIlmarnock, Rovers were opened up at will and only poor finishing prevented them winning that game, the same problems still exist, never mind the football, attacking displays etc, the game is about scoring more goals than the opposition and we cant do that, we have still not addressed a problem evident in the close season, shocking management!

He deserves to be given crack at Wigan to go along with his drink driving conviction

I would agree with the fact that we are playing better but the fact that you think we will be top 6 in 2 or 3 years when it looks like we will be relegated this year is bordering on being very stupid.

Look at some of the other clubs in the league, look at their owners, look at their squads, look at the way the club is run, look at their spending over the past few years then look at ours.

We are a massive shambles from top to bottom with inhouse fighting at the very top lvl of our club but just because we have played some decent football for a few games (even though we still did'nt get a win) you think we will be a top 6 club.

NOT A CHANCE. I will give you a +1 for at least voicing your opinion.

(I actually did try to +1 it but I dont think my mouse wanted too) :lol:

People are welcome to their opinion, after all that's what this messageboard's about. But it is a rather strange one you hold. I'd say there's four main groups of people here (know i'm generalising here a bit I know, but it's gives some idea).

- Didn't like Kean's appoitment from the beginning, hatred has grown and grown and now Steve Kean is satan in human form to them.

- Unsure about Kean's intial appointment, unconvinced by him last season and that has grown and grown this season. This group of people now also hate Steve Kean with a passion.

- Didn't really have a reaction either way to the appointment of Kean, impressed with start under his reign but dissapointed at being involved in relegation battle. Dubious at the start of season but are now strongly convinced he should go.

- Gave the Kean appointment the benefit of doubt and allowed last season's poor performances due to a new manager needing time to settle in. Concerned about this season so far but clinching to hope that recent performances have been an improvement. Would prefer another manager but does think there's a chance Kean could change things.

I'd say the large majority of people on this messageboard are covered in the top two groups.

He really deserves nothing but the sack, against KIlmarnock, Rovers were opened up at will and only poor finishing prevented them winning that game, the same problems still exist, never mind the football, attacking displays etc, the game is about scoring more goals than the opposition and we cant do that, we have still not addressed a problem evident in the close season, shocking management!

For me the same defensive problems are finally being addressed - personally I don't credit Kean with this, but the changes since Clement arrived. A few fans have remarked on how our wingers are now tracking back (except Hoilets pathetic attempt that led to Chelsea's goal). It ain't perfect - but is a huge improvement on previous matches that saw our full backs constantly exposed - I think even Salgado may now have a chance.

The only break Kean deserves is a broken jaw.

We're better due to Clement, not Kean. The guy is as divisive within the club as he is within the fanbase.

However, all I care about right now is getting points on the board for all our sakes, whether they're obtained by Kean or someone else.

Archived