BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

I think we should be concentrating on getting all tickets sold for Wigan game, and getting 3 points, by roaring the team on for 90 minutes. This is a must win game, and Blackburn Rovers is bigger than Steve Kean,

Well said - lets forget all this pro or anti Kean/Venky's rubbish - and for once just be pro-Rovers. All for one etc etc

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

What about all the other defeats under cocco's watch, shall we just forget about them?

we don't need a little bit of luck, we need a MANAGER

Re losing at Wigan

I would then start to worry. The way we have performed of late though i really cant see that happening my prediction is a 0-3 Rovers victory

So you come on here all guns blazing, and yet when push comes to shove, your only 1 game from joining us? Its the same with everyone isnt it - people are all on a sliding scale from concerned but optimistic through to almost suicidal.

I actually know someone who shares a VERY similar view to the OP and even sits in the RS, not sure of the block though. I very much doubt it's the same person but it seems incompressible that two share such a romantic view of such a dire situation.

I actually know someone who shares a VERY similar view to the OP and even sits in the RS, not sure of the block though. I very much doubt it's the same person but it seems incompressible that two share such a romantic view of such a dire situation.

Not the same person, glad to hear someone else has the same view though. Recent performances have been encouraging thats all im saying and i think he deserves at least another 3 to 3 games to turn things around. Of course if we lose the next 4 games he has to go but im confident that wont happen. Id hate us to hire a new manager for him to undo the hard work Kean has put into side and end up actually going backwards.

Not the same person, glad to hear someone else has the same view though. Recent performances have been encouraging thats all im saying and i think he deserves at least another 3 to 3 games to turn things around. Of course if we lose the next 4 games he has to go but im confident that wont happen. Id hate us to hire a new manager for him to undo the hard work Kean has put into side and end up actually going backwards.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

we could not go anymore backwards than we have been doing for the last 11 month

If that happens (and looking at Kean's record it's not impossible) it will be too late for Rovers. Looks like people really are buying Kean's BS about performances, which is tragic :(

If that happens (and looking at Kean's record it's not impossible) it will be too late for Rovers. Looks like people really are buying Kean's BS about performances, which is tragic :(

Would we have beaten Chelsea under anybody else after they had failed to get a result in their previous 3 games? i doubt it. Was the last minute penalty against Norwich fair? Wasnt the result against Newcastle's strongest side a good one? We have had some many instances of bad luck and i dont think that is Steve Keans fault.

People have actually wasted their time replying to this thread!?!

Damn you, you`ve made me do it!

get to the games often do you?

Wow - so anyone that doesn't spend all their times on internet message boards aren't real supporters - or don't have enthusiasm ? I think considering the numbers that visit this MB - we are in the minority. So you are basically calling a large majority of the Rovers support !

Larger than you'd think. 30,000+ unique visitors (not visits) in the last 30 days. Still a minority, but a bigger one than people give us credit for.

Can admin track his IP? I presume its origin may be Pune?

Or Brockhall.

Yes we can and you know I'm not going to give that information out. All I'll say is there is nothing in the technical info that makes me doubt he's a just a regular, game attending fan.

When Glen Mullan and Kamy post I read it in their voice.

Glad it's not just me then, and Philip, Paul, Wen .... in fact anyone whose voice I know.

Would we have beaten Chelsea under anybody else after they had failed to get a result in their previous 3 games? i doubt it. Was the last minute penalty against Norwich fair? Wasnt the result against Newcastle's strongest side a good one? We have had some many instances of bad luck and i dont think that is Steve Keans fault.

Ah but if you are playing the 'unlucky' card you have to play the 'lucky' card as well.

We may have been unlucky in a game or two this season but we have been lucky in just as many. The Arsenal result, how often are you going to see a side score two own goals and a blatant offside goal given? Then there was the Newcastle cup game which should have seen a penalty for Newcastle and a sending off. In the same game Pedersen's goal was from a massive deflection, on another day that might have gone over.

If you believe in luck it has to go both ways.

Just to pick up on great football since the title-winning season.

The 7-0 v Forest and the 7-2 v Sheffield Wednesday.

The first half of the first season under Hodgson when we played football which was even better than we played in the title season. That 3-1 win away at Arsenal (the eventual champions) was probably the best away performance I've seen from Rovers bearing in mind we showed a top Arsene Wenger team how to pass and move throughout the whole 90 minutes.

The first two seasons back in the Prem under Souey saw some sensational football not least the 7-1 v West Ham and a couple of 4-0 away wins.

Under Hughes when we had fought back from a bad patch, we played some superb stuff based on a mean defence and finished 5th. Although we lost 3-2 at White Hart Lane, that 15 minutes at the start of the second half when we had 90% posession was something else.

Oh and we were collecting points at a lot more than 0.5 game and not leaking an average of over two goals a game.

I was at both those London games. I don't remember us playing quite so well at Highbury but Kevin Gallacher's looping volley over Seaman was amazing! The Spurs game on the other hand, I thought we absolutely mullered them off their own pitch. Can't remember a game where it was so criminal that we lost and I didn't care in the slightest as we'd played that well.

Will never forget the 7-1 to West Ham either. Was the first time I'd seen us since promotion and I traveled up with two hammers on a beer a goal bet!

I would have had him sacked a while ago - but given the recent performances believe he deserves a crack at Wigan.

So-if he wins that game we keep him on?

For how long then? Till he gets 4 points from the next 6 games? Or 6 from the next 11? Or what?

At what point do you finally admit its been a ghastly stuff-up and it has to end?

When we are relegated?

or is he the best man to bring us back up? :blink:

If he loses the next 4 games we'd have 6 points from 15 games! And that's a risk you are prepared to take!!!

How would we get back from that then? Who'd be the lucky manager to pick that situation up and run with it?

And finally, after his disgusting comments about Rovers fans, he deserves no further chances at all and no sympathy either.

get to the games often do you?

Now now. What does that matter? I'd wager that Alan gets to more games than our owners, you know, the ones who employ Kean. And who can blame them? All their hard earned money going down the drain and they have to watch us as well?

Wigan v Rovers odds:

Wigan 6/4

Draw 5/2

Rovers 6/4

Both lose Evens

If he loses the next 4 games we'd have 6 points from 15 games! And that's a risk you are prepared to take!!!

How would we get back from that then? Who'd be the lucky manager to pick that situation up and run with it?

And finally, after his disgusting comments about Rovers fans, he deserves no further chances at all and no sympathy either.

Disgusting comments about Rovers fans? It was aimed at the 1% at Steve put it! or rather the 100 the tabloids estimated mate

Now now. What does that matter? I'd wager that Alan gets to more games than our owners, you know, the ones who employ Kean. And who can blame them? All their hard earned money going down the drain and they have to watch us as well?

Wigan v Rovers odds:

Wigan 6/4

Draw 5/2

Rovers 6/4

Both lose Evens

Is that real? In this fantasy world that we live in nowadays, I just have to check.

Archived