BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

For those naysayers, just to let you know when people talk of no one wanting little old Rovers, don't think of Rovers as the town of Blackburn, I ahve never been to Blackburn and probably never will get the chance, what we do have is a BPL team with world wide exposure...

I am in Australia an follow Rovers having no tie to the town of Blackburn whatsoever, is it that strange a thought some billionaire in the middle east feels the same?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I thought that too - whats £50-100m to them? They were in for United who wanted £2bn!!

Everton is £120m to Kenwright, big debts and £300m for a new stadium, before you even start to look for new players! We have low debts, a stadium to grow into and hopefully the owners dont want a daft amount like that!

Tell us then....whats in it for them? £100m?

or 1 of the 4 isnt motivated by the money?!

Shouting TEBOW!!!! :o

1. Your math is reassuring.

2. The visual of Abbey in a Bronco's shirt, waving a hammer and shouting TEBOW! is disturbing.

1. Your math is reassuring.

2. The visual of Abbey in a Bronco's shirt, waving a hammer and shouting TEBOW! is disturbing.

1. Quite

2. I find it strangely erotic.

Balaji It's over, but we'll always have the memories.

Yes we will, some memories are seared into memory and no amount of meth and counseling will ever erase.

My grandma, unlocked door, bath......

For those naysayers, just to let you know when people talk of no one wanting little old Rovers, don't think of Rovers as the town of Blackburn, I ahve never been to Blackburn and probably never will get the chance, what we do have is a BPL team with world wide exposure...

I am in Australia an follow Rovers having no tie to the town of Blackburn whatsoever, is it that strange a thought some billionaire in the middle east feels the same?

I'm Aussie as well, and though my family history in the town goes back to the 1600's I've not been able to visit yet either... there are lots of reason that our club would be attractive as an aquisition, one of only 3 other teams to have been crowned premier league champions, excellent facilities and stadium, some quality players, etc and all for a bargain price.

1. Quite

Yes we will, some memories are seared into memory and no amount of meth and counseling will ever erase.

My grandma, unlocked door, bath......

:lol:

whatever happens, what is clear is that Rovers will never be the same again if we stay in the Premier league. We are becoming a global name and all that brings. If we don't it will be business as usual 80's style with 10,000 crowds and Glen Keeley style defenders.

Nothing wrong with Glen Keeley type defenders. wish we had somebody like him and colin Hendry at Ewood now.

The news piece by Kamy says "not for sale at any price" and "one time offer"

Surely classic bargaining positions.

Just hope the Qataris are in the mood to barter...

Mind you, that is of course through the eyes of a 'Westerner'.

Still hoping and praying.

A restless night and concluded that the overwhelming logic points to a sale.

Then I thought about the experience of the past twelve months and searched for the logic in what has happened...

Logic and venkys do not belong in the same sentence.

Balaji should be encouraged to buy another club with the profits a sale would make. This has to be the only way to appease him.

Headline on back of Telegraph: "Venky's 'no' to Qatar cash: we don't want to sell insist owners" ....

Direct quote from Venkatash - "We have no interest in selling Blackburn Rovers whatsoever".

Hopefully it's just posturing to drive up the price ....

It was accurate at the time it was written and other than Balaji being so graphically confirmed by Alan Nixon as the big blockage, little has happened since.

It is ironic but one decision balaji is going to either give relief or atagonise rovers supporters and his own family.

Sadly he cannot see, that the rest of the family will not support his 'dream' of football success. They will block his requests for funding for the club all the time.

Sad and shambolic at the same time.

If the sale to qatar does not go through, there will never be a sale unless their hands are forced. No sale, no funding for the club, down we go.

Headline on back of Telegraph: "Venky's 'no' to Qatar cash: we don't want to sell insist owners" ....

Direct quote from Venkatash - "We have no interest in selling Blackburn Rovers whatsoever".

Hopefully it's just posturing to drive up the price ....

Confirmed by Kamy about a minute ago on twitter.

Qatar deal is now dead.

Qatari bid is now 'dead'. Venky's confirm club is not for sale.

Senior person involved with Qatar bid has told me that they won't try to force a sale, they will now move on and look to buy another club

Will the dysfunctional family have another day of fall outs and change their tune?

Archived