BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fuming about the club not being sold, if they cant give the club what it needs why the hell should they stand in the way of someone that can.

Well they better start to run the club properly if they intend to keep us, we need to change the infrastructure of the club, add quality players in Jan, remove the manager and his puppeteer, and stop being used as little child Balaji's new Golden brum brum.

They are unbelievably selfish and stubborn people and will not be forgiven for this.

There will be no reconciliation from me. This has to be the last straw, enough is enough. If this is true, Venky's have denied us of something they could never deliver, and most likely would have no desire to fulfil or attempt to anyway. This is just another act of stubbornness, in spite of the will of the fans.

For me now, there is no hope for us. This devastating journey under Venky's is just going to continue, even more painstakingly knowing what could have been. I for one won't be deserting Rovers anytime soon, but Venky's will not be forgiven. That is certain. A month ago there was apparently 'no' alternative buyers, who's to say there won't be another sound prospect in the near future. That is all we can hope for. Venky's ignorance doesn't deserve any understanding. The only thing to understand is these parasites are not wanted at Ewood. To say Venky's are not welcome is an incredible euphemism, not never, not never.

All I've read is different rumours. I won't get optimistic or pessimistic and angry over this. The only fact I know is that Venky's are not for sale and they say they are in for the long run. I love reading this board, but since Venky's took over it has been extraordinary and spreading negativity among section of our supporters while other are being lambasted if they don't agree. Never have I seen our supporters so divided. The question is: Is it like this outside the messagebaord or are we just keyboard warriors on here ?

On one hand I can agree that it is their club why should they sell if they dont want to, but they better start to do a helluva lot better after refusing to sell to billionaires that would have turned our club into a top club again.

Qatari bid is now 'dead'. Venky's confirm club is not for sale.

Senior person involved with Qatar bid has told me that they won't try to force a sale, they will now move on and look to buy another club

Being relegated with these clowns, knowing that we could have had billionaire owners is going to be very very tough to take.

I'm not convinced it's all over.

How many times have you seen people bid for something, only to have it rejected at the first time.

The sellers have had a sweetener, they think that there maybe something more forthcoming,

Expect one more bid (especially if their next focus is Everton, which might cost three times the Rovers bid price).

All I need is permission from whoever told about the funny business that goes on that I can post it on facebook, and generally put it up everywhere. One thing though, could what may have gone on lead to criminal charges? I'd love to see that Anderson in prison along with Barry White and the rest of those (alleged) crooks.

Look back at your post and you will see it is you that has snidey digs at other more times than most!

Well that's not true in the slightest.

There's enough to occupy about my time talking about the club than snide digs at people I don't know on an internet message board.

Its crazy to think how excited I was last year when they bought the club. And after they sacked Sam, though at a strange time, I was even more excited. Cut to a year later and Im feeling so sad and dont really know what to do. Part of me wants to go on a plane to Pune and tell these assholes to get their act together and move to Lancashire or get the hell out of my club. Another part of me wants to go and yell some swear words at Steve Kean and Jerome Anderson. And the last part of me just wants to stay home and play Fifa. A game where Blackburn can finally win some games. Guess what Im currently doing?

All I need is permission from whoever told about the funny business that goes on that I can post it on facebook, and generally put it up everywhere. One thing though, could what may have gone on lead to criminal charges? I'd love to see that Anderson in prison along with Barry White and the rest of those (alleged) crooks.

Problem is if Anderson gets done whilst Venkys are owners, he wont be the only one in trouble, hence the push for new ownership......sad sad news with the Qataris. Kamy thanks for your massive efforts along with Glen and Simon. I'd hope to think that we have all tried to do our best to rally the troops, even from abroad....but where do we go from here?

These buggers are here to stay......

People saying it's time for things to get ugly, not sure I agree with that. Venky's are here to stay, have to accept that. And no point in trying to force out Venky's as now there is no alternative to them.

It doesn't have to get "ugly" but that does not mean the protesters should give up. On the contrary this latest news shows they were vindicated. It's going to be long, hard struggle but the protests will have to continue and the battle can be won - Liverpool fans after all showed that it is possible to remove unwanted owners.

It doesn't have to get "ugly" but that does not mean the protesters should give up. On the contrary this latest news shows they were vindicated. It's going to be long, hard struggle but the protests will have to continue and the battle can be won - Liverpool fans after all showed that it is possible to remove unwanted owners.

You have raised something there. Didn't liverpool go to court to remove the owners they had. I do not understand how they were able to do that. Hope somebody with a business head can explain that. But Hicks etc were forced out.

Just remembered Liverpool were so in debt that it was the bank that played and forced the issue. The bank wanted its money back and somebody was basically willing to buy the club and pay the bank.

That is very true Sydney Rover, but as I see it, we're buggered every way we turn, so we may as well take these pillocks down with us. Especially if Kean does sign a massive contract.

So, Billy, what have you got on them to "take them down"?

I'd rather be a little more positive and say the deal isn't as dead as some would think.

Now, it probably won't happen, as it could have been a diversion from an Everton bid, but who knows.

People saying it's time for things to get ugly, not sure I agree with that. Venky's are here to stay, have to accept that. And no point in trying to force out Venky's as now there is no alternative to them.

Unfortunately Kamy, I suspect there is no way back for them.

1. The appointment and continued support of Kean.

2. The broken promises to shareholders in the takeover document with regard to not changing the management structure.

3. The failure to provide money for signings.

4. The complete and utter lack of communication with the supporters.

5. The rejection of an offer that might just have saved the club from financial meltdown and the seemingly inevitable relegation.

Five reasons, and there are many more, why many will now turn their backs on Venky Rovers. Why fat boy wants to keep the club when he will never be able to show his face in Blackburn is beyond me. Desai has already shown that she has no interest in the club with her backside glued to a chair in Pune rather than coming to support what she owns.

This family are not fit to own the club and after watching the Rovers for 50 years it's heartbreaking to see these clowns in charge of something that has been a large part of my life.

Unfortunately, protests are not going to have any impact on these clowns because they are never here which just about sums up the interest they actually have in the club. Sadly, this is no longer the old Blackburn Rovers but Venky Rovers, a national laughing stock that lurches from crisis to crisis on a daily basis. Little wonder that fans are walking away in large numbers.

Perhaps the TV documentary "The Club that Jack Built" could be remade and renamed "The Club that Jack Built and the Rao Family Destroyed".

That is very true Sydney Rover, but as I see it, we're buggered every way we turn, so we may as well take these pillocks down with us. Especially if Kean does sign a massive contract.

before we take them down with us, we need to push every avenue to ensure we dont go down at all. There is a way and there is a means, its just where is it and how can we uncover it. We know we need to get Balaji and Jerome Anderson cornered (no not literally, but feel free if you please :P), its just a matter of how to do it....

before we take them down with us, we need to push every avenue to ensure we dont go down at all. There is a way and there is a means, its just where is it and how can we uncover it. We know we need to get Balaji and Jerome Anderson cornered (no not literally, but feel free if you please :P), its just a matter of how to do it....

Sorry Sydney (I know you're not Vic (Sydney Rovers)) but you don't push people of substance.

Archived