BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Billy, what have you got on them to "take them down"?

I'd rather be a little more positive and say the deal isn't as dead as some would think.

Now, it probably won't happen, as it could have been a diversion from an Everton bid, but who knows.

I'll forward what I have been told via PM.

unfortunately, protests are not going to have any impact on these clowns because they are never here".

They may not visit Ewood but presumably they watch television which is why a sit-in pitch protest before and / or during the next home match broadcast worldwide and causing huge embarrassment to the owners in India might make them realise finally how fans feel about them.

I will NEVER forgive them (dont even like saying their terrible name) for this. Even if they decided to grow some balls and sack that joke of a manager and we stayed up and became mildly successful. Hell, even if they delivered European football. That's it now. No way back with the fans.

Maybe their lawyers should stop delaying the inevitable and let all the dodgy s**t come out now so the crooked t***s can be removed from making even more monumentally bad decisions as this one.

We have gone from one extreme to the other in the space of 12 months in the way we are run. It absolutely sickens me.

The focus of any or all protests needs to swing 100% directed at the venkys, forget kean he is a puppet of venkys.

Any pressure that can be exerted, vocal,protests,press,electronic should be targetted straight at them. Their mismanagement has

caused the problems we are suffering. If they ever show their face again at ewood we should lift the roof with vocal protests at them.

If nothing changes between now and the end of the season we will be in big trouble by then under the control of the venkys.

Philip, Kamy, is this 100% dead? could the Venky's approach the Qatari's if they see sense quickly enough? Have you heard any of the reasoning as to why they want to keep hold of us and when/how the negotiations took place and if there was ever any sense that a deal might be reachable?

I can't believe the Walker Trust ever sold to this lot, I would have thought Balaji's ponytail walking into any board room in the country would have been enough to have them laughed out of town. Was selling us to the chicken farmers a 2 fingered salute to certain fans who always had it in for the Trust?

Philip, Kamy, is this 100% dead, could the Venky's approach the Qatari's if they see sense quickly enough? Have you heard any of the reasoning as to why they want to keep hold of us and when/how the negotiations took place and if there was ever any sense that a deal might be reachable?

I think basically it is what was reported in the media. 3 venkys were happy to sell - 1 said no. For it to go ahead all had to be in agreement. Majority vote doesn't happen. All or nothing I think. Oh and that will be with all decision with regards to Rovers in my opinion.

thing is guys, if any of these "dodgys' are posted on any forum, the owners of the forum are liable, not the poster....

All the guys who do know of these dodgy's are willing to discuss these things off the message boards, which is totally understandable and a position which should be respected...

Just like us over on Vital, Glenn P and co would not want a simple post destroying everything they have built over the many years....

I think basically it is what was reported in the media. 3 venkys were happy to sell - 1 said no. For it to go ahead all had to be in agreement. Majority vote doesn't happen. All or nothing I think. Oh and that will be with all decision with regards to Rovers in my opinion.

We have always been lead to believe that the hag was the one in charge, so what's changed?

No more PM requests please. I don't want Glenn to have legal headaches. Facebook etc. I don't give a fig about, so if the person who sent it to me says I can, then I'll put it up there, and elsewhere. Of course, if Phillipl has a far more cunning plan, I'll not go public unless is benefitial. If I go public.

Seriously, and I'm not having a dig at anybody, if certain people "in the know" have the goods on the current regime isn't now the time to spill the beans and ramp up the pressure on Venkys?

Agree.

If it's as bad as we are led to believe, you feel that it would have been utilised in the negotiation in order to focus a few minds !

DGS and others, it does no good to go about beating each other up about this.

What will happen will happen. I'm hoping for a sale asap, but there's stuff all I can do, and I'd suggest, outside of the Rao family, there's bugger all anyone can do.

So, Mrs Desai, get Balaji in a squirrel hold and squeeze until he says yes.

Archived