BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Things seem dire enough at the moment as it is, god only knows what other vile information some of you have on them. As devestating as it is, is there anyway to be informed of the underground information without making BRFCS liable or whatever is preventing a leak?

I thought this was the worst it could get; not knowing more bad news lies beneath... Jesus.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thought.

I understand that the Walker Trust are owed monies for the sale, certainly scheduled and possibly unscheduled.

There must be a good chance that a horse and cart could be driven through the Terms of Sale agreement. The Trust could redeem themselves somewhat with application of pressure whether subtle or not !! It's the least they owe Jack given the mess we are now in.

What the hell is the point of owning a football club where you are loathed? Are they planning on owning a Premier League club but only attend away games?

It really is quite unbelievable.

Sell the bloody club and go and buy another toy with some simpler instructions!

No more PM requests please. I don't want Glenn to have legal headaches. Facebook etc. I don't give a fig about, so if the person who sent it to me says I can, then I'll put it up there, and elsewhere. Of course, if Phillipl has a far more cunning plan, I'll not go public unless is benefitial. If I go public.

I think everybody has to take a deep breath. There is so many rumours etc etc flying around that it is hard to seperate the the truth from lies. Yet all seems to be heading in the same direction. Yet no smoke without fire comes to mind now. Maybe time to dig a trench and wait for the trouble to come - unless there is a means to escape.

I haven't posted for the longest time, but thought I might as well join in.

I think Venky's have now damaged relations with fans beyond repair.

Running the club on the cheap despite taking out huge loans (where does the money go?), appointing a clown as manager, said clown seems to only answer to the owners themselves if even that,

(I could have course go on and on about the clown's transfer policy and tactics, but that's for another thread)

getting rid of invaluable experience on and off the pitch, almost a complete lack of communication with the fans, broken promises made to the fans (and the Trust).

Now they have squandered a golden opportunity to make it up to the fans who have suffered due to their severe shortcomings as owners.

If they truly cared about the club, they would have sold. But seeing as they come across as lunatics with just about every statement they make, what can one expect from them? It's so saddening.

If Barclays have a charge over the club and see the Qatari's as a way to ensure this is paid back, could they do something to force it? WHat if they called it in like they did in the Summer when the club had a similar windfall?

I think everybody has to take a deep breath. There is so many rumours etc etc flying around that it is hard to seperate the the truth from lies. Yet all seems to be heading in the same direction. Yet no smoke without fire comes to mind now. Maybe time to dig a trench and wait for the trouble to come - unless there is a means to escape.

On the other hand, I think there needs to be an all out assault on Venkys for their continued destruction of our club and their failure to put our clubs best interests at heart when a once in a lifetime opportunity comes along.

thing is guys, if any of these "dodgys' are posted on any forum, the owners of the forum are liable, not the poster....

All the guys who do know of these dodgy's are willing to discuss these things off the message boards, which is totally understandable and a position which should be respected...

Just like us over on Vital, Glenn P and co would not want a simple post destroying everything they have built over the many years....

But surely to god THE CLUB is more important than any forum, cause without a club ( and the way things are going we may not have one in a few years time!) the forums are pointless.

If people know things and they are true, things that can be put out there to put pressure on these clowns and make them think again about selling, then they have a moral duty to the Club and Fans to do so!

As the saying goes :-

For evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!

Would we not be in a better position to start lobbing a few hand grenades rather than sit cowering in our trench for the inevitable slow death?

Don't no how they manage to run Venky's, after what they have done to this football club in such a short space of time i wouldn't trust them with a lemonade stand.

If all four have to agree to sell why don't all 4 have to agree not to sell?

If Barclays have a charge over the club and see the Qatari's as a way to ensure this is paid back, could they do something to force it? WHat if they called it in like they did in the Summer when the club had a similar windfall?

They could only call it in if they had a reasonable suspicion that it wasn't going to be repaid.

At the moment there's no problem as it's against monies to be paid.

I wonder what Phillipl's plan is? Anyway, what is going on with the other interested parties since the Qataris have seemingly gone?

Same situation no matter who comes in balaji does not want to sell. Until he changes his mind, pointless anybody having any interest in buying rovers. The only other option in my view, is if somebody came in, with money with Balaji having a role. He it appears wants to remain in football. A joint ownership with venkys. But who would want to do that.

I supppose another hope is if qatar get nowhere with any other club they try to buy, they may come back to Rovers. But then again if that happens, questions would be asked as to why the other clubs chose not to sell.

Nothing has changed. However and at long last, the fans have turned their focus and attention on to those that own the club and make the big decisions.

Strange that it has taken this takeover news to reach this point, following all the stupidity displayed in their behaviour and actions ever since they took ownership of the club.

But surely to god THE CLUB is more important than any forum, cause without a club ( and the way things are going we may not have one in a few years time!) the forums are pointless.

If people know things and they are true, things that can be put out there to put pressure on these clowns and make them think again about selling, then they have a moral duty to the Club and Fans to do so!

As the saying goes :-

For evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!

would you pick up Glenns legal bill though?

On the other hand, I think there needs to be an all out assault on Venkys for their continued destruction of our club and their failure to put our clubs best interests at heart when a once in a lifetime opportunity comes along.

Oh yes I'd rather we were able to have a fight. But we have nothing to fight with. Rovers, the supporters are just little pawns in venkys game.

Same situation no matter who comes in balaji does not want to sell. Until he changes his mind, pointless anybody having any interest in buying rovers. The only other option in my view, is if somebody came in, with money with Balaji having a role. He it appears wants to remain in football. A joint ownership with venkys. But who would want to do that.

I supppose another hope is if qatar get nowhere with any other club they try to buy, they may come back to Rovers. But then again if that happens, questions would be asked as to why the other clubs chose not to sell.

So the deal is that the other family members were willing to sell but Balaji didn't want to?

thing is guys, if any of these "dodgys' are posted on any forum, the owners of the forum are liable, not the poster....

All the guys who do know of these dodgy's are willing to discuss these things off the message boards, which is totally understandable and a position which should be respected...

Just like us over on Vital, Glenn P and co would not want a simple post destroying everything they have built over the many years....

Actually both the publisher and the poster are potentially liable (for slightly different things)

Could someone ITK go to an internet cafe or library create a new account and spill the beans? That way it couldn't be trace back to them.

We'd still have some responsibility as publishers though, so please DON'T do that here.

And thereby lies the answer ;)

.... and don't forget, this is all currently unsubstantiated rumor. If us (or any of the press) could prove it, we'd have run it as news. Just because a lot of people know the rumors and believe them, doesn't necessarily mean they are true.

Archived