BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Could someone ITK go to an internet cafe or library create a new account and spill the beans? That way it couldn't be trace back to them.

Without evidence - no chance. Leave it to those who know what they are doing. Unless somebody on here is extremely rich, has money to burn, is willing to take the hit and pay all bills - it is a non starter.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

easiest way would be to go to some public place with internet access create a new email account > tumblr account > create a post explaining everything > share it on social network sites using a new account > delete the email, blog, social networking account. The beauty of the internet is there is no paper trail and it would create a lack of evidence. Also has anyone contacted Panorama about these rumors seems like something they would be interested in.

easiest way would be to go to some public place with internet access create a new email account > tumblr account > create a post explaining everything > share it on social network sites using a new account > delete the email, blog, social networking account. The beauty of the internet is there is no paper trail and it would create a lack of evidence. Also has anyone contacted Panorama about these rumors seems like something they would be interested in.

Or Henry Winter

.... and don't forget, this is all currently unsubstantiated rumor. If us (or any of the press) could prove it, we'd have run it as news. Just because a lot of people know the rumors and believe them, doesn't necessarily mean they are true.

An excellent point Glenn,although listening to some around here this 'rumour' has already morphed into 'truth'.

This is possibly a very good way of getting around it.

Person A meets Person B.

I'd be quite interested to hear the story of Bluetown Rangers and the problems they've had since being taken over by new owners Vega Fisheries..

(all characters and names are entirely fictional and any resemblance to real people or events are entirely coincidental)

Just when you thought the Venky's couldn't kean it more up.

I don't understand your legal system. You can be prosecuted for a sentence on an Internet forum? True or untrue, just start the post with "I think" and you are in the clear, no?

Or is it just the tabloids over there who has the freedom of speech..

Everyone has free speech, but it comes with responsibilities.

If I wrote a piece in your local paper that said "i've heard Gogger messes with children and steals from work" there is a fair chance that would cause you lots of difficulties and you would be well within your rights to sue me.

If I was telling the truth and had hard evidence to back it up I'd be in the clear. If I was just spouting off some rumour that I'd heard you'd win and I'd be in trouble.

Everyone has free speech, but it comes with responsibilities.

If I wrote a piece in your local paper that said "i've heard Gogger messes with children and steals from work" there is a fair chance that would cause you lots of difficulties and you would be well within your rights to sue me.

If I was telling the truth and had hard evidence to back it up I'd be in the clear. If I was just spouting off some rumour that I'd heard you'd win and I'd be in trouble.

All good points. Points which might suggest that 'certain people' don't have hard evidence?

easiest way would be to go to some public place with internet access create a new email account > tumblr account > create a post explaining everything > share it on social network sites using a new account > delete the email, blog, social networking account. The beauty of the internet is there is no paper trail and it would create a lack of evidence.

..... and this is why I don't want to get involved. That's not really anonymous at all and plenty of paper trails (cafe receipts, cctv recordings, router logs, tumblr connection logs, browser fingerprints etc ..... very little on the net that gets deleted is really gone).

Look at anonymous and lulzsec. Bright guys that know the tech, know to use somebody else's wifi on vanilla kit via tor and proxies then just dump it somewhere like pastebin. ..... and they still have members getting caught.

Anyway, this probably isn't a discussion for this thread.

Just when you thought the Venky's couldn't kean it more up.

I don't understand your legal system. You can be prosecuted for a sentence on an Internet forum? True or untrue, just start the post with "I think" and you are in the clear, no?

Or is it just the tabloids over there who has the freedom of speech..

It is not very different in Norway, mind you.

Ok I've been sent some info and to be honest it's not a lot more than most know already and have read on the net. The only thing that would ring alarm bells is around SK but I thought it had been discussed before. I will post it on twitter after work tonight, BUT what's the point without proof? I must say I expected more dirt, nevermind.

Norwegian court and police will never use resources to track who wrote the accusations, and the case will in 99% Of the times be dropped.

I would be happy to post and spread the information when I get it and If it's benefitial to our cause, but the little information I have gotten so far is not of a scale that will cause any impact. I don't really believe we will get anything out of It at this stage.

I also don't belive venkys/ j Anderson reads this forum, and I will guess they have gotten a lot worse accusations on them in their past business life

Archived