BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to hear these accusations if someone could PM me

I have read everything on this forum for years & have never been so confused as i am in the last year!!

You cannot even piece together the information or read between the lines as so much contradicts!!

So Please PLease Please, someone, put me out of my misery!!!

Venkys risking huge backlash from fans. I for one will not br happy until

Steve Kean is sacked

A proven Premier League manager put in place

Substantial investmeny into backroom and playing staff... From their own money

All debts (a substantial amount) are paid, in full

A proper board is appointed and left to run the club

Listen to the fans

Make a television broadcast admiting they ###### up

Chances of just one of those being met is minimal, so it seems I will be angry for a while

Top and honest Comments.

It sounds to me like there are some people on this forum playing a childish game of " I know things that you dont know but because your

not my friend im not telling you, " very childish especially in these troubled times. If anybody knows anything that will help remove

the venkys either share it on the forum or shut up about it !

Hope yet:

reluctantnickoAlan Nixon@Brownieoak Qataris and their chums won't give up easily. Lots at stake for all concerned.

We need to get this across to Venky's loud and clearly:

BlackburnRaversUpalnite & DJ NJ @reluctantnicko @Brownieoak in a poll of 494 people 97.77% want #QATARIN and #VENKYSOUT

Everyone askin for the details to be PM'd, if you've read this website over the last year and followed the 'in' people on Twitter you will know it anyway. Trust me it's nothing exciting!

I've not got time to go trawling through twitter :P Especially if it's nothing exciting!

Hope yet:

reluctantnickoAlan Nixon@Brownieoak Qataris and their chums won't give up easily. Lots at stake for all concerned.

We need to get this across to Venky's loud and clearly:

BlackburnRaversUpalnite & DJ NJ @reluctantnicko @Brownieoak in a poll of 494 people 97.77% want #QATARIN and #VENKYSOUT

Let's hope there's life in this deal yet.

Just goes to show how desperate we are, when apart from Paul Mellieu, no-one has even considered whether the Qataris will be good for the club.

What the hell is the point of owning a football club where you are loathed? Are they planning on owning a Premier League club but only attend away games?

It really is quite unbelievable.

Sell the bloody club and go and buy another toy with some simpler instructions!

I was thinking we could all club together and buy Balaji a train set.

Just wrote to our Indian chums again, basically telling them that they are about to prove me wrong in the feeling that they couldnt be more unpopular. Congratulated them for once again smashing through the glass ceiling of utter moronic behavior and also for their stellar work on decisiveness.

Let's hope there's life in this deal yet.

Just goes to show how desperate we are, when apart from Paul Mellieu, no-one has even considered whether the Qataris will be good for the club.

Correct Den, when I heard about this I was/still am so desperate for them to buy that I haven't considered whether they would be good for the club.

This surely is a big indication of just what every Rovers fan has been through in the last year, we are prepared to take a leap of faith just to end this complete disaster.

I just pray Venkys are holding out for a little bit more money and a deal can be pushed through. What I would then want is for the Qatari's to come in and be sensible and say 'lets form a base to work on'. Get in a new chairman, a new boardroom, and a new EXPERIENCED manager. Lets solidify ourselves in the Prem for another year and then work steadily forward.

Just wrote to our Indian chums again, basically telling them that they are about to prove me wrong in the feeling that they couldnt be more unpopular. Congratulated them for once again smashing through the glass ceiling of utter moronic behavior and also for their stellar work on decisiveness.

Time to get off the fence Reb...

I asked Nicko last night if the Qatari's being in India means they've had some encouragement from Venky's. He replied -

"This has been going on a ee while. Qatari negotiators are trying. Big commission here too. And some skulduggery..."

I replied that it sounds ominous, he said -

"It is a big issue and a big decision."

I know some people think Nicko is an outsider these days but I certainly still value his info as highly as anyones - would be interesting to know how Kamy views the above seeing as he seems certain its dead in the water?

If Balaji won`t agree to sell,then maybe its time to put some pressure on him?

Maybe some banners at the Wigan game aimed at him in particular (nothing too insulting mind).If we can get him to realise that the fans don`t want him and his family at the club then he might change his mind.I think for this game at least we should focus the attention on the owners rather than Kean.

As they are very family orientated I don`t think they will like having their personal reputations attacked.Just a thought as I can`t think of a better way to get under their skins at the moment.

I asked Nicko last night if the Qatari's being in India means they've had some encouragement from Venky's. He replied -

"This has been going on a ee while. Qatari negotiators are trying. Big commission here too. And some skulduggery..."

I replied that it sounds ominous, he said -

"It is a big issue and a big decision."

I know some people think Nicko is an outsider these days but I certainly still value his info as highly as anyones - would be interesting to know how Kamy views the above seeing as he seems certain its dead in the water?

I am pretty sure Philipl mentioned some mystery bidder a few months ago, but that they wanted the deal to go through super fast. My guess is this is still the same bidder, and that it has been ongoing for months, and probably is not over yet, but for all I know there could be no bidder, and no problems at Rovers at all. Nobody seems to back anything up, so as far as I'm concerned everything is rumours, and what can we do with that? Not much.

It seems a bit odd that ONE bid has been made, it has been rejected ONCE and that's the end of it?

Or am I looking at it too simplistically?

Kamy and others have said they put in a bid, if they don't get a deal fast, they move on.

Which seems strange to me, multi million pound deals for entities like Premier League football clubs would be subject so some negotiation and horse trading, wouldn't you think?

RIght come on then, someone may aswell post me the details too.

I'll be honest, I'm not posting it anywhere. But if 2PAC is putting it on twitter tonight, then I may aswell know earlier.

Ta.

Archived