BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think many of you will understand when I tell you that both Kamy and myself are feeling utterly gutted today.

An initiative was taken in the face of knowledge about the club (some public, some not) and others joined us in helping the project. The objective was simply to resolve the perpetual crises that have typified the Venky's ownership in the past year by finding new owners who could give Venky's an honourable exit, remove the existential risk we perceive the Rovers are facing and put the club on a financial footing which I would describe as "Trust plus". In other words be secure with a realistic but small annual cash transference into the club.

Initially we succeded beyond our wildest dreams in raising finances for the project but that very success resulted in the project going outside of our management of the process and our ability to use "local" knowledge in trying to maximise the chances of success. The source(s) of the money understandably and rightly took control.

At the same time what had set out with modest ambitions of being a project of tens of millions became a stunning hundreds of millions.

I doubt the project would have moved as quickly as it did had the research not found that a sale of the Rovers was already under way to a purchaser we had no idea even existed when we reported in podcast 14 that there had been three approaches to Venky's and a fourth (which was "us") yet to show their hand.

Doubts about Venky's willingness to sell evaporated and an incredible generous bid was lodged on Friday last week. Andy Cryer broke the story on Saturday evening when it became clear that someone in Venky's themselves had already leaked it to the British press and then there were follow-up stories in the People and Mirror which from my perspective were entirely fair and accurate.

Sadly despite all indications that Venky's had been united in their desire to sell, a four hour telephone conversation from Jerome Anderson to Balaji appears to have changed all that. The family commendably operate on the basis of requiring unanimity in decisions like this and prima facie Jerome Anderson had secured his dissenting vote to frustrate the sale.

Obviously everyone acts in their own self-interest but I suspect I understand why JA saw such a desperate need to frustrate the sale. Not least because I now expect that the non-sale and continued Venky's ownership could be turned and used ruthlessly against the Venky's family's interests. This is my personal opinion and not one I have yet had chance to share with Kamy.

As for the Rovers, our poor dear club has ended up the innocent victim in all this. For my part I need a bit of peace and quiet to think through the lessons, the consequences and the opportunities (if any) of the mind blowing and mind numbing decision by Balaji to vote the way he did.

How on earth would you know that Balaji had a 4 hour telephone conversation with JA? How could you possibly know that?

I think many of you will understand when I tell you that both Kamy and myself are feeling utterly gutted today.

An initiative was taken in the face of knowledge about the club (some public, some not) and others joined us in helping the project. The objective was simply to resolve the perpetual crises that have typified the Venky's ownership in the past year by finding new owners who could give Venky's an honourable exit, remove the existential risk we perceive the Rovers are facing and put the club on a financial footing which I would describe as "Trust plus". In other words be secure with a realistic but small annual cash transference into the club.

Initially we succeded beyond our wildest dreams in raising finances for the project but that very success resulted in the project going outside of our management of the process and our ability to use "local" knowledge in trying to maximise the chances of success. The source(s) of the money understandably and rightly took control.

At the same time what had set out with modest ambitions of being a project of tens of millions became a stunning hundreds of millions.

I doubt the project would have moved as quickly as it did had the research not found that a sale of the Rovers was already under way to a purchaser we had no idea even existed when we reported in podcast 14 that there had been three approaches to Venky's and a fourth (which was "us") yet to show their hand.

Doubts about Venky's willingness to sell evaporated and an incredible generous bid was lodged on Friday last week. Andy Cryer broke the story on Saturday evening when it became clear that someone in Venky's themselves had already leaked it to the British press and then there were follow-up stories in the People and Mirror which from my perspective were entirely fair and accurate.

Sadly despite all indications that Venky's had been united in their desire to sell, a four hour telephone conversation from Jerome Anderson to Balaji appears to have changed all that. The family commendably operate on the basis of requiring unanimity in decisions like this and prima facie Jerome Anderson had secured his dissenting vote to frustrate the sale.

Obviously everyone acts in their own self-interest but I suspect I understand why JA saw such a desperate need to frustrate the sale. Not least because I now expect that the non-sale and continued Venky's ownership could be turned and used ruthlessly against the Venky's family's interests. This is my personal opinion and not one I have yet had chance to share with Kamy.

As for the Rovers, our poor dear club has ended up the innocent victim in all this. For my part I need a bit of peace an quiet to think through the lessons, the consequences and the opportunities (if any) of the mind blowing and mind numbing decision by Balaji to vote the way he did.

Philip, thank you for sharing this information and for your efforts. This has only added to my frustration and anger towards Venkys and the set-up they have established. The reported radio interview comments really are the icing on the cake- do Venkys still actually see us as their fans?! I wonder if there is any possibility Mr & Mrs Desai will force a sale somehow. Named as Chairman (or whatever she is), and having apparantly voted to sell, will Mrs Desai really accept the current situation continuing indefinitely when an opportunity has been presented to jettison a loss-maker and recoup valuable funds at a time when the wider company's share price is dropping? Crazy.

How on earth would you know that Balaji had a 4 hour telephone conversation with JA? How could you possibly know that?

How he knows that is irrelevant.

But I assure you, if both Kamy and PhilipL agree with it, it happened.

And it sounds very, very plausible, from what I'm told.

It really isn't. I find it really quite difficult to comprehend how you can come across information like that.

It really isn't. I find it really quite difficult to comprehend how you can come across information like that.

It really is. You either believe Philip/Kamy's posts, or you dont. The decision is entirely up to the consumer. Neither will ever tell you, or many other people, how they came to find that information out.

As for your second point, heres a picture.

European+Mole.jpg

Why is it impossible?

Why do we know Kean had contract talks?

People talk.

We don't really know much about Keans contract talks as mixed messages are coming from all over.

I imagine that if Kean was discussing a new contract, very many people at the club would be aware of it and such info could potentially be leaked.

I'm not so sure that's the case with a telephone call like this.

Why though? I don't think I've ever seen any proof of any kind that either of them has been telling the truth. I'm not saying they are not, but some proof or explanation would be nice every now and then.

Just checked my Inbox and I've been sent an email threatening myself and my family if I post on twitter tonight the details I've been sent. Not sure how genuine the email is as its very a made up address and no names mentioned. I'm now trying to trace the origin of the email. Debating if I should get the police involved or not but probably a waste of time. Probably some said fan on here who bums Venkys.

I have read Phillipl latest comments with great interest , if it is correct (I have no reason to doubt him)..Then there is no way that Venkys and that slime ball Anderson can ever consider going near Ewood Park again ,and that includes away games....

They have alienated the support to such a degree , that high profile police presence will be needed at Wigan and the next home game !!! They are leaving kean alone to take the flak , I wonder what he is thinking at the moment ?? Sooner or later this problem will escalate big style..

It defies logic , cos I have no doubt we will be relegated under the current regime (Venkys and Kean) when we are the club will be worth very little ...

Just checked my Inbox and I've been sent an email threatening myself and my family if I post on twitter tonight the details I've been sent. Not sure how genuine the email is as its very a made up address and no names mentioned. I'm now trying to trace the origin of the email. Debating if I should get the police involved or not but probably a waste of time. Probably some said fan on here who bums Venkys.

Ah the Pro Venkys Brigade are alive again. :rolleyes:

As for the Rovers, our poor dear club has ended up the innocent victim in all this. For my part I need a bit of peace and quiet to think through the lessons, the consequences and the opportunities (if any) of the mind blowing and mind numbing decision by Balaji to vote the way he did.

Sounds like you and a few dedicated others have gone to great lengths in recent times to try and do something about this entire situation.

Obviously, I’m not privy to any of the details about this or much else that has gone on in the past year or so. I’ve never felt informed enough to form any real opinions about what is going on at our clubs, but needless to say on the face of things it appears deeply worrying.

You in particular have received a lot of stick in the past (from myself included) and whether or not it was warranted or not – I think in this case you all deserve a lot of credit. It's heartening to know that there are people who care so much about Blackburn Rovers FC.

If this is the case then get the police involved. Threats like this are taken very seriously.

Just a thought - how can Venky's go on as owners of Rovers and get the fans on side and trusting them when we know that two of them would happily sell us? Especially when Mrs D is the key decision maker and she wants out.

philipl's post is absolutely true, i've known about Balaji being the stumbling block since before the news broke and if you read back through my posts you'll find very strong hints at this before Nixon made the story.

There's history between B and JA. JA knows exactly what emotional strings to pull to get his own way and he knew he only needed to sweet talk one family member into veto'ing the sale. B was the target of choice given how well he knows him.

The resulting remonstrations led to Mrs D having a standing shouting match with B and the outcome was that B was to assume control and the rest of the family would not support his cause and consistently vote AGAINST any investment. Hence the reason we are staring administration in the face when the money dries up.

I don't know who they get their information from but it is correct and it ties in with what i'd been looking into. Noone will ever reveal their sources or they'd lose them as soon as their names left their mouths.

You should also connect Glen Mullan as the same thing happened to him and I am sure he will have some advice for you.

If you succeed in getting the Qataris in to power at Rovers just promise me one thing - you'll make them buy Xabi Alonso :tu:

philipl's post is absolutely true, i've known about Balaji being the stumbling block since before the news broke and if you read back through my posts you'll find very strong hints at this before Nixon made the story.

There's history between B and JA. JA knows exactly what emotional strings to pull to get his own way and he knew he only needed to sweet talk one family member into veto'ing the sale. B was the target of choice given how well he knows him.

The resulting remonstrations led to Mrs D having a standing shouting match with B and the outcome was that B was to assume control and the rest of the family would not support his cause and consistently vote AGAINST any investment. Hence the reason we are staring administration in the face when the money dries up.

I don't know who they get their information from but it is correct and it ties in with what i'd been looking into. Noone will ever reveal their sources or they'd lose them as soon as their names left their mouths.

Makes zip sense to me.

So all three or four have to agree.

Three of them say "we want to sell".

Balaji says "No. I want to keep going, making it a big club"

The three others they say "Ok, but we will not spend money on the project"

Balaji then says "ok. As long as we don't sell, I don't care"

Then when it comes time to decide how much money to spend on Rovers, Three of them will say "Nothing".

So they ALL lose. I can't for the life of me think that is how it works.

Archived