BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Just a thought - how can Venky's go on as owners of Rovers and get the fans on side and trusting them when we know that two of them would happily sell us? Especially when Mrs D is the key decision maker and she wants out.

I was told that she wanted out a long time ago. Within months of assuming control.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He left because you didnt go to support him, you parochial manchild.

Oi I'm working here :P

In his defence he says he will be back when someone joined him it just tickled me as I was picturing Homer Simpson strapped to his deckhair outside the Isotope stadium but he got bored and left. If I was embarking on a sit in protest I would consider boredom may be a factor.

It's a bit like me saying 'I'm going to punch that guy' then I swagger over then run away cause he was actually quite big.

Makes zip sense to me.

So all three or four have to agree.

Three of them say "we want to sell".

Balaji says "No. I want to keep going, making it a big club"

The three others they say "Ok, but we will not spend money on the project"

Balaji then says "ok. As long as we don't sell, I don't care"

Then when it comes time to decide how much money to spend on Rovers, Three of them will say "Nothing".

So they ALL lose. I can't for the life of me think that is how it works.

This exact situation has happened before with another of Balaji's projects. I'm not sure of the specifics but I believe people on here might..

Makes zip sense to me.

Balaji says "No. I want to keep going, making it a big club"

Balaji then says "ok. As long as we don't sell, I don't care"

Then when it comes time to decide how much money to spend on Rovers, Three of them will say "Nothing".

Me neither , but I cannot work out why they want BRFC in the 1st place ...

B [...] says "No. I want to keep going, making it a big club"

B [...] then says "ok. As long as we don't sell, I don't care"

Then when it comes time to decide how much money to spend on . . . [the club], Three of them will say "Nothing".

Based on this, I'm guessing that B is the wild child, the spoiled brat of the family? Is he the youngest? Is his sister now assuming the mother role, giving good advice which is ignored and protecting him from the consequences of his actions?

Just out of curiosity if Kamy and Philipl both knew and set this up a long time ago why was Glen not told the circumstance's and to aim the protests at Venky's instead of Kean?

If this had been done it may well have had an different outcome, dont get me wrong I think you both have done really well but I think Venky's do really belive we support them in what they are doing because that is what they are told by SK and JA, they should have known about fan unrest aimed at them earlier if this was to suceed.

Based on this, I'm guessing that B is the wild child, the spoiled brat of the family? Is he the youngest? Is his sister now assuming the mother role, giving good advice which is ignored and protecting him from the consequences of his actions?

You mean the kid that keeps getting his toys taken off him?

Possibly.

Do you think someone reminded him of this knowing his history and managed to change his mindset from sell to keep?

Probably.

Just out of curiosity if Kamy and Philipl both knew and set this up a long time ago why was Glen not told the circumstance's and to aim the protests at Venky's instead of Kean?

Glen was told things as the protests progressed.

The switch to Venkys Out protests seems to have more than likely happened as and when he knew the bigger picture. To start with it was a protest against a terrible manager. As he got more ITK he soon realised the gravity of the situation and moved the goal posts without revealing anything too much about the situation.

that's how I understand it anyway.

As for V being the one making the statement, they have to show unity in the public eye. The overall decision was no, no matter who had the deciding vote, and V is the "nice guy" out of the three so probably the one best to make a statement. Especially as B and D were the ones having the raging barney over it.

Nixon maintains that it is a 2-2 split. Mr and Mrs D versus Balaji and Venkatesh. Venkatesh choosing to side with his brother but I'm unsure of the reason for this. Balaji is the key piece in all of this as it is his conviction that is persuading his brother seemingly and not vice versa. Turn Balaji and Venkatesh will follow suit.

Nicko saying it is B and V who don't want to sell. Both Ds do. So it is a 2 v 2 split, not 3 v 1.

He's also doing a good job on casting doubt on the veracity of the [alleged] shady dealings aspect of this mess. In my opinion following reading his twitter, he either: 1) is right; or, 2) has another axe to grind. Which is it?

http://twitter.com/#!/reluctantnicko

Nicko saying it is B and V who don't want to sell. Both Ds do. So it is a 2 v 2 split, not 3 v 1.

He's also doing a good job on casting doubt on the veracity of the [alleged] shady dealings aspect of this mess. In my opinion following reading his twitter, he either: 1) is right; or, 2) has another axe to grind. Which is it?

He is 100% spot on.

Give Balaji Malaga ffs. It's beyond me why they refused to sell after what they have/haven't done the past year.

If Venky's are serious about their ownership they need to start taking day-to-day responsibilities.

1. Replace Kean.

2. Install a working backroom staff.

3. INVEST money in squad.

4. Sack Jerome Anderson.

The panel of four consists of conflicting personalities - how can they ever agree on anything?

I'd say he has another axe to grind.

Unless philip/glen et al are actually pawns in an even BIGGER conspiracy theory :lol:

Nicko's tweets are basically saying no, there were no dodgy dealings, there's actually something even more sinister going on in the background that someone is organising and using fans. Denying one set of rumours but at the same time starting more.

Don't trust him.

Unless philip/glen et al are actually pawns in an even BIGGER conspiracy theory :lol:

Nicko's tweets are basically saying no, there were no dodgy dealings, there's actually something even more sinister going on in the background that someone is organising and using fans. Denying one set of rumours but at the same time starting more.

Don't trust him.

Its only a matter of time now before someone starts blaming the masons then the Jews.

If Balaji is so manipulable and stubborn enough to make a go of it, can we not get him over here and show him how doomed his current path is and talk him round into making some changes?

If it took *four* hours for JA to turn him around he can't be 100% sure of his gospel, surely?

JA reminded him that Myles is the next Chris Smalling, so think of all the cash that can be made selling him :rolleyes:

Don't trust him.

:rock:

Archived