BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I would like an answer to is this:

IF the Qatar boys tried to get Rovers.

Why are they not trying to get either Bolton or Wigan now? Surely those clubs are fairly similar to Rovers in terms of size and price?

Everton is much more expensieve because of the stadium thingy. No?

One thing that I would like an answer to is this:

IF the Qatar boys tried to get Rovers.

Why are they not trying to get either Bolton or Wigan now? Surely those clubs are fairly similar to Rovers in terms of size and price?

Everton is much more expensieve because of the stadium thingy. No?

Maybe as the Wigan Chairman has said Foreigners have no clue about running an EPL club and Bolton are in serious debt.

Great that we're reduced to family differences deciding our future.

Oh trustees, what have you done?

To be honest I am a bit lost in the nicko/bombom tweets.

Which of the many dirty business issues are the particular ones being argued over? Perhaps best not to answer that on here.

On the vote, as far as I understand it, the row (Rao?) was a spectacular screaming match between Mrs D and Balaji. Venkatesh then mediated a settlement which means that Rovers are now cut adrift from any Venkey's/family resources as Mrs D will not sanction any new spending and Balaji has been left to run the club. Venkatesh then voted in favour of his own mediated agreement between brother and sister having previously been OK to sell.

However, we are hamstrung by a pretty dysfuntional-looking family whichever way you look at it.

Venkatesh said there had been no bid (Messrs Cryer, Walsh and Nixon all wrote copiously about it) and this is an untruth- you can practically hear him signalling the porky by the change in tempo of his voice.

He rather lets his case that there had been no bid down by going on to justify his position by saying its not about money.... presumably meaning not about the sizeable profit Venkey's had been undeservedly offered By Qatar?

By the way, a litmus test for my argument about JA's motivation in calling Balaji, is that Kean will not leave Venkey' employment and he will get a cushy number elsewhere in Venkey empire if he has to leave the Ewood hot seat.

Which of the many dirty business issues are the particular ones being argued over? Perhaps best not to answer that on here.

On the vote, as far as I understand it, the row (Rao?) was a spectacular screaming match between Mrs D and Balaji. Venkatesh then mediated a settlement which means that Rovers are now cut adrift from any Venkey's/family resources as Mrs D will not sanction any new spending and Balaji has been left to run the club. Venkatesh then voted in favour of his own mediated agreement between brother and sister having previously been OK to sell.

However, we are hamstrung by a pretty dysfuntional-looking family whichever way you look at it.

Venkatesh said there had been no bid (Messrs Cryer, Walsh and Nixon all wrote copiously about it) and this is an untruth- you can practically hear him signalling the porky by the change in tempo of his voice.

He rather lets his case that there had been no bid down by going on to justify his position by saying its not about money.... presumably meaning not about the sizeable profit Venkey's had been undeservedly offered By Qatar?

It all beggers belief !!!

Why did Venkatesh vote to keep Rovers if that means no more money will be put in? There's no point having a club and let it dry up.

Right okay I need people to back me here I have had a discussion this afternoon with Mark Alford deputy sports editor of the daily mail.

He has said he is more than willing to issue a statement in the paper which come from US the rovers fans.

Whether it's back page stuff depends on how in depth and heart felt (his words) we go into our position.

Who is with me?

Given "joke threats" are as likely to get you into trouble on a messageboard as posting slander, obviously if people wanted to post what they know they would.

Clearly no one gives a crap about joke threats, mods or otherwise.

Actually, we do, just ask Abbey or the countless others who have had "die in a fire" type posts removed.

Based on this, I'm guessing that B is the wild child, the spoiled brat of the family? Is he the youngest? Is his sister now assuming the mother role, giving good advice which is ignored and protecting him from the consequences of his actions?

Yes and now he is sulking and stamping his feet because he can't get his own way. Now we will all suffer because he's a spoilt brat.

Right okay I need people to back me here I have had a discussion this afternoon with Mark Alford deputy sports editor of the daily mail.

He has said he is more than willing to issue a statement in the paper which come from US the rovers fans.

Whether it's back page stuff depends on how in depth and heart felt (his words) we go into our position.

Who is with me?

We are ALL with you mate but most of us (myself included) have no clue what the hell is going on with Rovers. You need the ITK's to help you out and you know who they are so I would PM them.

Of course after you have told Philip his Mailbox is full :P

Cheers

BKR

To be honest I hava gathered a vast amount of information over the last few days as I have stated previously and have gained some new "friends".

I have had vast discussions with various media outlets of which a number are willing to discuss. In terms of putting something out their of what WE the fans feel and what WE want, as lets not forget this is OUR club.

What needs to be done is people coming up with ideas in the next day or 2 of what this statement could and should consist of i.e. something which will put us in favourable light but at the same time send out a STRONG message.

Anything is welcome, either via PM or just through this topic. This NEEDS to be done, so lets do it.

Cheers in advance

haha

But you can't blame superstars for not coming when the rest of the squad is MILES away from their standards. If he decides to build a competitive SQUAD, it could be interesting.

But we know he is not interested in that. He only wants the glory of bring Becks and co to Ewood.

Of course they are not going to come with out a good team there as base but doe Balaji know that?

Very very interesting.

In an attempt to put a positive spin on this - if the above is the case, and Venky's do end up staying on, if Mrs D is no longer the key decision maker could this mean Kean is closer to getting the push? As we were led to believe that it was her keeping him in a job?

well go on Miker, please tell. I am not saying we had perfect information and if you had a parallel source from inside the Venky's camp it would be good to be aware of it.

That was supposed to be +1. Apologies.

Very very interesting.

In an attempt to put a positive spin on this - if the above is the case, and Venky's do end up staying on, if Mrs D is no longer the key decision maker could this mean Kean is closer to getting the push? As we were led to believe that it was her keeping him in a job?

You could have a point there!!

On a different note why has hesfromburn minused Philipl's explanatory post? The only minus.

And minused other posts on this thread. Strange man.

this is the guy who went through the jack walker anniversary thread giving minus' to the tribute's people posted.

very strange individual

But we know he is not interested in that. He only wants the glory of bring Becks and co to Ewood.

Of course they are not going to come with out a good team there as base but doe Balaji know that?

Well I'm sure he didn't initially want to fund all the basic stuff, but he was willing to fund the icing of the cake.

IF Desai et.al. didn't want to spend Venky money on the basic squad, he could not do his glamour plan either, so they both messed it up for each other.

Now if he has full control, it would make more sense for him to start off by building the squad from scratch.

Here's hoping. lol!

Archived