BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm sure he didn't initially want to fund all the basic stuff, but he was willing to fund the icing of the cake.

IF Desai et.al. didn't want to spend Venky money on the basic squad, he could not do his glamour plan either, so they both messed it up for each other.

Now if he has full control, it would make more sense for him to start off by building the squad from scratch.

Here's hoping. lol!

I am not sure you even beleive what you are typing in their mate :P

Could be positive if Balaji has been given free reign at the club

Sounds like it has been Mrs D putting the brakes on a lot of things over the summer and with Kean

From all that met Bala he does sound like he's passionate about Rovers, and maybe he's got the cash to throw at Rovers

The downside is that out of all of them, he appears closest to JA- not good

I am not sure you even beleive what you are typing in their mate :P

Who said I believe it? :lol:

Big difference in believing, and looking at possible outcomes.

As I have said before, nobody ever dares to come out and back up their info, so we might aswell play with the ideas of what might happen.

Right first off I am not going to break any confidences but I am aware of all ###### going on at BRFC and quite frankly if any of it is proved it could be to the detriment of the club but I wish people would stop asking by either putting it out on here or via PM because for 2 points could be very damaging indeed:

1. If what is being said is proved and because of the allegations the football club is wound up what good would that do? People would then be saying we wish it hadn't come out and we have a football club to support people have to trust people who are in the know are doing what's in the best interests of the club which I have to say is the best way forward the best thing all supporters can do is join in the protests against Kean/the owners to force the owners hand to sell shows we are doing something and the best way forward to try and get a resolution to the mess.

2. These allegations are all rumour none of it has yet to be proved so unless the PL/FA come up with something all of the stories are alleged not proved and if you start blaming people without proper evidence you could get a major lawsuit against you and unless anyone has deep pockets the lawyers of the people concerned will wipe the floor as anyone can put out a story about what is going on but proving the story is a totally different matter entirely.

Also before anyone asks for me to spill the beans don't even bother asking I am in no way prepared to compromise any of my sources so don't bother asking my advice to all the people wanting to know don't bother asking because no-one will spill the beans the best thing all supporters can do is join the sack steve kean facebook group go on all the protests and on the next home game show these monkeys it is not the minority that want Kean/JA/Venkys out but the majority as I live in London it is hard for me to see what is happening and I am there in spirit every home game and I can assure everyone the next time I am up for a home game I will most definitely be joining Glen,Simon and the rest of the protesters against these clueless woners and coco the drink driving excuse of a manager.

Rant Over!

If Balaji is so manipulable and stubborn enough to make a go of it, can we not get him over here and show him how doomed his current path is and talk him round into making some changes?

If it took *four* hours for JA to turn him around he can't be 100% sure of his gospel, surely?

My question would be this, what the (dont use this word again) has it got to do with Anderson?

More importantly, if it has something to do with him, what are the PL going to do about removing him??

If I am right about Jerome Anderson's motivation in making the call, there is absolutely no way Kean is going to be dismissed from the employment of the brothers. However, he might get shifted but if Venkey's faced difficulties finding a replacement before, then any new manager effectively knowing he is at the whim of the mercurial, short attention span of Balaji is going to make things even more tricky for the recruiter of Kean's successor.

On how the vote went, The Mirror unequivocably fingered Balaji as the blocking vote.

Times of India mention the fans are swinging from opposing Kean to opposing Venkey's

Right first off I am not going to break any confidences but I am aware of all ###### going on at BRFC and quite frankly if any of it is proved it could be to the detriment of the club but I wish people would stop asking by either putting it out on here or via PM because for 2 points could be very damaging indeed:

1. If what is being said is proved and because of the allegations the football club is wound up what good would that do? People would then be saying we wish it hadn't come out and we have a football club to support people have to trust people who are in the know are doing what's in the best interests of the club which I have to say is the best way forward the best thing all supporters can do is join in the protests against Kean/the owners to force the owners hand to sell shows we are doing something and the best way forward to try and get a resolution to the mess.

2. These allegations are all rumour none of it has yet to be proved so unless the PL/FA come up with something all of the stories are alleged not proved and if you start blaming people without proper evidence you could get a major lawsuit against you and unless anyone has deep pockets the lawyers of the people concerned will wipe the floor as anyone can put out a story about what is going on but proving the story is a totally different matter entirely.

Also before anyone asks for me to spill the beans don't even bother asking I am in no way prepared to compromise any of my sources so don't bother asking my advice to all the people wanting to know don't bother asking because no-one will spill the beans the best thing all supporters can do is join the sack steve kean facebook group go on all the protests and on the next home game show these monkeys it is not the minority that want Kean/JA/Venkys out but the majority as I live in London it is hard for me to see what is happening and I am there in spirit every home game and I can assure everyone the next time I am up for a home game I will most definitely be joining Glen,Simon and the rest of the protesters against these clueless woners and coco the drink driving excuse of a manager.

Rant Over!

Could you PM me the details please?

Who said I believe it? :lol:

Big difference in believing, and looking at possible outcomes.

As I have said before, nobody ever dares to come out and back up their info, so we might aswell play with the ideas of what might happen.

The "ITK" people have so many reasons why they dont "come out with it", if you knew as much as Philip, Kamy etc, you wouldn't tell people your sources, I assure you.

If anybody ever had any doubts about who's running our club, look at it now.

IMO, the two brothers think they know alot about football.

IMO, we're about to see them ask "people" that they trust for advice.

And that could be bad, once again, imo. <_<

Very very interesting.

In an attempt to put a positive spin on this - if the above is the case, and Venky's do end up staying on, if Mrs D is no longer the key decision maker could this mean Kean is closer to getting the push? As we were led to believe that it was her keeping him in a job?

Sounds like we are in an even worse situation now than previously.

If Balaji essentially has the club without the financial backing of Venkys how are we supposed to do anything? Granted the financial input for transfers seems to have been non-existent to date (considering Jones / Kalinic) but surely he solely cant support the club with personal funds?

I must admit I am confused and not privy to any knowledge other than what I read on here or in the media but I cant help but feel that a Venky fall out coming from a takeover bid will leave us all but doomed.

I will admit I was excited initially by the takeover (the Venky takeover), the 'promises' and ambition stated by Venkys, and a feeling of optimism about what the future may hold. Granted even after the sacking of Sam, albeit I thought it was wrong, part of me did consider maybe they had someone line up to push the club to the level they had talked about.

However now, after what seems failure after failure, today must be the lowest I have ever felt about the club I have supported for 20 years.

What's the betting that JA has seen that there's more to milk and persuaded Barry that the club can be self-sustaining and (cough) profitable with low cost (read dodgy) buys and expensive sales. Everyone benefits. Apart from the fans of course.

What's the betting that JA's days are numbered, authorities know what he's up to, and him convincing Balaji not to sell has only extended his time in the sun and delayed the inevitable, as when all the stories come to fruition and action is taken against him and the club?

And what's the betting that JA's supposed phone call was in HIS best interests rather than Balaji's, he just knew how to play him and get his own way?

I'd give pretty good odds on them ;)

The "ITK" people have so many reasons why they dont "come out with it", if you knew as much as Philip, Kamy etc, you wouldn't tell people your sources, I assure you.

If anybody ever had any doubts about who's running our club, look at it now.

IMO, the two brothers think they know a lot more about football than they do.

IMO, we're about to see them ask "people" that they trust for advice. And that could signal the end, IMO.

I'm not telling them to spill their sources.

If you were me, what reasons would you have to blindly trust what is posted on here by the ITK people?

I don't know them personally, and they never back anything up as far as I have seen.

For all I know, they may well be telling the truth - that's not my point. My point is why should I just "trust" them on their words? No newspapers are.

What's the betting that JA's days are numbered, authorities know what he's up to, and him convincing Balaji not to sell has only extended his time in the sun and delayed the inevitable, as when all the stories come to fruition and action is taken against him and the club?

And what's the betting that JA's supposed phone call was in HIS best interests rather than Balaji's, he just knew how to play him and get his own way?

I'd give pretty good odds on them ;)

I'm not telling them to spill their sources.

If you were me, what reasons would you have to blindly trust what is posted on here by the ITK people?

I don't know them personally, and they never back anything up as far as I have seen.

For all I know, they may well be telling the truth - that's not my point. My point is why should I just "trust" them on their words? No newspapers are.

You dont have to "blindly trust" these people. But I'm telling you, Philip, Kamy and Glenn have spent hours, upon hours gaining sources, moles, checking their information, confirming their information, and have pretty much got to the stage now where they know who will tell them the truth, and who wont.

If you dont know them personally theres nothing to stop you getting to know them and then making your own judgement. Kamy is available via e-mail on his profile and twitter, as is PhilipL, as is Glenn (as well as his telephone number being just about everywhere too).

Newspapers have the exact same information which all three of those have, but they can't run a story without concrete evidence to back up every single word which is written. That concrete proof is only available to less than a handful of people, its almost impossible to get.

If newspapers did get this information, I'd expect to see the club in more trouble than you can probably imagine.

Archived