BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am right about Jerome Anderson's motivation in making the call, there is absolutely no way Kean is going to be dismissed from the employment of the brothers. However, he might get shifted but if Venkey's faced difficulties finding a replacement before, then any new manager effectively knowing he is at the whim of the mercurial, short attention span of Balaji is going to make things even more tricky for the recruiter of Kean's successor.

On how the vote went, The Mirror unequivocably fingered Balaji as the blocking vote.

Times of India mention the fans are swinging from opposing Kean to opposing Venkey's

Inreresting, I typed a number of comments on the Times of India facebook page, (also on Pune fc and one that was just headed India, (over 3million members). Couldn't have had anything to do with it, (could it?).

Inreresting, I typed a number of comments on the Times of India facebook page, (also on Pune fc and one that was just headed India, (over 3million members). Couldn't have had anything to do with it, (could it?).

I and a few others also sent letters to them and other Indian newspapers, we may be having some effect now! (Bangalore mirror was one)

• Backroom

Aaah I remember the glory days when there were only three or four ITKs.

Agreed I remember one guy even claimed Rafa had signed a precontract and we had £40m to spend :P

The most worrying thing is that the fat one may now be on his own with no family money. This will almost certainly mean in January we will have to sell before we can buy and what we buy will be not be top drawer.

If Anderson is still in the loop then we can make our own assumptions.

If we get relegated then the mortgage facility will need to be re-negotiated. If it is secured against Sky money we will have a £100m facility against parachute payments of £60m.

If some or all of this money has been spent then we could be looking into a financal abyss as early as next summer. This would result in a fire sale of what valuable players we have left. Ultimately it could lead to administration etc. etc. Don't forget administration leads to automatic 10 point deduction in the Football League.

This whole grotesque scenario appears to be as result of one person's ego trip looking for the 'celebrity' lifestyle owning a football club could bring. It beggers belief.

The most worrying thing is that the fat one may now be on his own with no family money. This will almost certainly mean in January we will have to sell before we can buy and what we buy will be not be top drawer.

If we get relegated then the mortgage facility will need to be re-negotiated. If it is secured against Sky money we will have a £100m facility against parachute payments of £60m.

If some or all of this money has been spent then we could be looking into a financal abyss as early as next summer. This would result in a fire sale of what valuable players we have left. Ultimately it could lead to administration etc. etc. Don't forget administration leads to automatic 10 point deduction in the Football League.

This whole grotesque scenario appears to be as result of one person's ego trip looking for the 'celebrity' lifestyle owning a football club could bring. It beggers belief.

Absolutely - it will be southampton mkII

Would like to say a big thank you to Phillipl, Kamy and who ever else was involved in helping to find a new owner. You're a real credit to the club. So many of our fans are putting their hands over their eyes and refusing to acknowledge any wrong doing by the owners and the manager, and it is good to know that there are at least a few people who have the integrity to say 'F*** this' and try and do something about it. In my opinion you would have deserved a nice big paycheck if it had come off... hell, i have £8 left in my bank account... you can split that if you like?

I guess the ordeal starts again now. IMO the protests need to be firmly against Balaji and Jerome Anderson now. If Balaji is the only family member left who wants Venky's at the club... lets make him realise just how unwelcome he is and maybe force his hand. However I dont think we'll be able to get through to him whilst that little snake JA is still hanging about.

F*** the lot of 'em!

10 point deduction? That would be getting off lightly.

FIFA's rules on agent involvement and conflict of interest point to possible automatic relegation. How does that make everyone feel, especially with JA's supposed vested interest in the club?

What if we are relegated through lack of points anyway? Down, and then down again.

Or how about we get enough points to stay up but STILL get relegated. That would be awful.

As sensible as Mrs. D might be, she was reluctant to invest anything in Rovers. At least now Balaji can have a real go at it before he fails, and we're left to pick up the scraps. If we're still in the PL next year and being bought by a Dave Whelan or Trust+ then I'll be a happy man. If we keep going down the current dysfunctional track we'll end up in the pit.

How much is Balaji worth btw? And is it possible to get a legal injunction (?) so JA has to keep his dirty fingers away from our club?

Call it wishful thinking but I am clinging to the hope that if the qataris really want us, they will make an offer that Barry can't refuse.

My thinking is that a group of well-meaning Rovers fans have pulled as many strings as they know how, and called in as many favours as they had, and lined up a new buyer (or buyers) based on the logic that Venky's would be mad to refuse.

The prospective buyers have come along expecting to throw down a 'reasonable' amount of cash to close the deal and to their surprise and indignation have been rebuffed.

I imagine said Rovers fans have been very much embarrassed by proceedings and have probably themselves lost face and their reputations have taken a hit, with all their favours used up.

If so, you have nothing but my admiration and thanks.

However, this could well be, and very probably is, just be a figment of my imagination...

according to nicko the raos are minted so why cant they spend any damn money on better players and a good coach?

as for the takeover, i always had a feeling it was deemed to fail, these effwits are going to be the death of our club. The best thing they can give us now after all the turmoil of the last 12 months is to walk away and hand the club to people with real clout. i heard one of the brothers on radio lancashire earlier talking about coming to more rovers games, i hope he doesnt for his sake because he will be villified.

Today Venkatesh Rao said on Radio Lancashire that there had been no attempt to buy the club.

He also said they had no intentions of selling the club.

Could this not mean that the Qatari's have not yet tested their resolve. Money talks as they say.

I just cannot see Venkys turning down a good offer just because Barry White wants to keep it for egotistical reasons.

10 point deduction? That would be getting off lightly.

FIFA's rules on agent involvement and conflict of interest point to possible automatic relegation. How does that make everyone feel, especially with JA's supposed vested interest in the club?

What if we are relegated through lack of points anyway? Down, and then down again.

Or how about we get enough points to stay up but STILL get relegated. That would be awful.

Terrifying :wacko:

My thinking is that a group of well-meaning Rovers fans have pulled as many strings as they know how, and called in as many favours as they had, and lined up a new buyer (or buyers) based on the logic that Venky's would be mad to refuse.

The prospective buyers have come along expecting to throw down a 'reasonable' amount of cash to close the deal and to their surprise and indignation have been rebuffed.

I imagine said Rovers fans have been very much embarrassed by proceedings and have probably themselves lost face and their reputations have taken a hit, with all their favours used up.

If so, you have nothing but my admiration and thanks.

However, this could well be, and very probably is, just be a figment of my imagination...

Wow. Just....wow. Didn't realise it ran this deep.

Fair play to all those inlvolved, you did your best and I for one commend you for whatever that's worth.

As sensible as Mrs. D might be, she was reluctant to invest anything in Rovers. At least now Balaji can have a real go at it before he fails, and we're left to pick up the scraps. If we're still in the PL next year and being bought by a Dave Whelan or Trust+ then I'll be a happy man. If we keep going down the current dysfunctional track we'll end up in the pit.

How much is Balaji worth btw? And is it possible to get a legal injunction (?) so JA has to keep his dirty fingers away from our club?

The one thing I can't understand is if four of them have to say 'yes' why did Mrs D say 'yes' a year ago. If she wasn't interested she could have put the fat one down there and then end of story.

If it is true that Anderson has known him for over three years then it seems clear if he was looking for a patsy he knew where to go.

They say 'money isn't everything' yet we ran at almost a zero net spend over summer, we have a bargain basement manager and have let go all the executive management.

At the same time any spending has been done on credit with the bank.

Venkys - if you are staying then show us the money and get rid of Kean while you're at it.

Archived