BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Today Venkatesh Rao said on Radio Lancashire that there had been no attempt to buy the club.

He also said they had no intentions of selling the club.

Could this not mean that the Qatari's have not yet tested their resolve. Money talks as they say.

I just cannot see Venkys turning down a good offer just because Barry White wants to keep it for egotistical reasons.

Venkatosh speaks tosh. Don't trust Venky's.

It's been widely reported by now that a bid indeed was lodged, a very generous one too.

All four have to agree but Barry White wants to try a solo act.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best analogy i can think of is the venkys are the puny guy that goes into the gym and tries impressing everyone by lifting weights that are too heavy for him and everyone just laughs at him, the guy next to him (qataris) is the big buff guy that lifts a barbell with one arm while all the ladies just stare and swoon.

Just taking Yoda's point some pages earlier, if everybody who posts, finds an Indian newspaper or anything Indian on facebook, or other social media, writes a brief (polite) note about how Indian owners have upset fans, I'm sure it could have an affect. It takes 5 minutes, cost's nowt, and there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be gained from it. It's just another protest, but you don't have to get off yer ....!

So Venky's are due in Lancashire within the week eh....OH BE JOYFUL!! <_<

Looking forward to the stock answers from Venkatesh are we?,you know the routine:

'' We are looking to take the club forward as part of the family,Rovers is like our baby ''

'' Steve Kean has our 100% backing,brilliant manager...very nice man ''

'' Matters will get better,all is well ''

I think I may book a long holiday in outer Mongolia for the duration of their stay in England,I have simply no wish to even set eyes upoon these people never mind listen to their inane,stupid claptrap!

The one thing I can't understand is if four of them have to say 'yes' why did Mrs D say 'yes' a year ago. If she wasn't interested she could have put the fat one down there and then end of story.

If it is true that Anderson has known him for over three years then it seems clear if he was looking for a patsy he knew where to go.

Sorry. Meant to +1 your post, butbeing on an ipad i missed it.

I've only just read the article in The People today and I haven't waded through the 69 pages of this thread.

Two things strike me:-

1) If this sheik has billions and wants to buy a premier league club and his choice is Rovers or Everton, there is only one winner to the sane minded man; and it's not Rovers.

2) If this sheik really does want to buy Rovers and has offered a good price to Venkys AND THEY REFUSE TO SELL SO AS NOT TO LOSE FACE, they are making themselves look more idiotic than anything they've done in the last twelve months.

And, whatsmore, they will be torn apart by the hatred and vitriol of Rovers fans like nothing they've experienced so far.

If this Qatari really wants to buy Rovers and Venkys don't sell, I shall be heartbroken.tinykit.gif

Wow. Just....wow. Didn't realise it ran this deep.

Fair play to all those inlvolved, you did your best and I for one commend you for whatever that's worth.

Woah, steady on DM. Please re-read my last sentence. I'm putting 2 and 2 together and probably getting 5.

I'm in no way an ITK, Y2K or an...

R2d2-104x150.jpg

Well guys I feel physically sick!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, shout or scream! In fact no, I'm definitely not in a laughing mood!

To Philip, Kamy & everyone else who's tried their damnedest. My hat's off to you all.

I'm still hoping that a second offer might be in the pipeline, but I'm not going to hold my breath with these jokers.

Lets's get behind the flowers protest and everything else we can to try & force their hand, the Indian press, anything. We can't let these Qataris just walk away and into Goodison, not without a fight.

Venky's are a cancer in the heart and soul of our club and we need to make sure that they are in no doubt that their presence at Ewood is not welcome.

Save our Club!

Venky's out! Anderson out! (and take that sh*t eating grin useless SOB with you!)

I've only just read the article in The People today and I haven't waded through the 69 pages of this thread.

Two things strike me:-

1) If this sheik has billions and wants to buy a premier league club and his choice is Rovers or Everton, there is only one winner to the sane minded man; and it's not Rovers.

The Qatari were advised to go for Rovers as they would be a relatively cheap investment to balance the books before they could start the massive investment on players, staff, wages etc.

The offer was very real.

Everton have their own issues at the minute, with Kenwright looking to sell off players to raise funds. Rovers would have been the cheaper initial outlay though, hence why reports state that Rovers were approached first, and now attention has turned to Everton.

I can't help thinking though that the Qatari outfit would prefer to buy Rovers even after being rebuffed as it would still cost circa £200m less than Everton. Maybe there's still time? Who knows.

A lot of people want Venkys and their associates out though. Not just fans. The Qatari may still be persuaded to re-offer by people in high places.

Deal is still not dead.

Remember...

These are the contact details for our man!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

A) The rough time we have had under Venkys (how you feel)

B) Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

(I really MEAN that) :-)

C) Uncle Jack and his legacy

D) We are unique, and why we should be bought.

E) Opportunites/Rewards if successful. (Talk about prize money, status etc)

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

G) Make them feel welcome

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

When you're done, please E-MAIL ME A COPY at ibrahim.ismail128@yahoo.com,

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES!!!

REMEMBER, THIS IS ROYALTY WE'RE TALKING TO!!!!

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS, SO MAKE YOURS COUNT!!!

GOOD LUCK AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Office of the CEO – Qatar Investment Authority

Tel: +974 44995834

Fax: +974 44995866

E-Mail: ceooffice@qia.qa

Please just go that extra mile to send an email! Together anything is possible.

The support me and Ibrahim have received from this already has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who has contributed...

Deal is still not dead.

Remember...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

B) Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

The support me and Ismail have received from this already has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who has contributed...

How do you know it's not dead. I sent emails last night by the way.

The support me and Ismail have received from this already has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who has contributed...

All due respect mate but we are ran by lunatics. I don't think he could offer anything to get them to accept.

Would love it if there is any chance of a deal still.

My favourite quote from Venkatesh's interview earlier was: "We want to be a little higher and no lower." Sitting 19th in the Premiership, this is real ambition!

Has he cleared that aim with Balaji I wonder?

Deal is still not dead.

Remember...

Talk about-

The support me and Ibrahim have received from this already has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who has contributed...

This is exactly the 'let's try anything' I had in mind. I'll calm down a little then get to work on that email. If I try now I might start declaring undying love (which would not be good). :wub::lol:

I feel so stupid for thinking that the following is alleged to have happened over the last few weeks:

- KEAN being offered a new contract

- potential buy-out by 3rd richest oil company in the world.

Why did I listen... Now I've listened to venky rao I know I have been influenced by cunning people.

Venky rao - please accept my apologies for believing the imaginary destruction of our club. I will only listen to you from now on.

For those that don't get sarcasm... I'm taking the mickey

A question for Philipl or Kamy. The Qataris bought a 70% controlling stake in PSG.

Is there any chance of them buying a 75% stake in Rovers from the family and letting the fat one keep his 25% holding? Or is it 100% or nothing?

Archived