BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

I don't hold the key to all of this. But from what I've been told. What Venky's have been saying in the press totally contradicts where the Qataris stand.. Make of that what you will :wacko:

Is your 'inky finger' reliable?

As one can of worms closes another opens... it was half one when I got to bed this morning, I fear another late one!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your 'inky finger' reliable?

As one can of worms closes another opens... it was half one when I got to bed this morning, I fear another late one!!

Half one? That's only lunch time. I was up til 3am each night over the weekend comparing information and stories.

the missus' words were "you're staying up late for what exactly? It's only a football club".

I lost a little respect for her that night.

Let me turn the question around.

Would you go into a football partnership with Venky's?

I know what you mean but with a 25% holding he could be marginalised. If they put him in charge of promoting the club on the Indian sub-continent wouldn't that give him the fame he seeks

Half one? That's only lunch time. I was up til 3am each night over the weekend comparing information and stories.

the missus' words were "you're staying up late for what exactly? It's only a football club".

I lost a little respect for her that night.

It is more than a football club ....It is love !

It is more than a football club ....It is love !

I agree. And believe it or not we as fans might still have a chance of being heard.

Unfortunately noone listens to the new guy. Some interesting points been raised that seem to get overlooked. Shame really, conversations seem to have headed in the "wrong" direction.

Deal is still not dead.

Remember...

These are the contact details for our man!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

A) The rough time we have had under Venkys (how you feel)

B) Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

(I really MEAN that) :-)

C) Uncle Jack and his legacy

D) We are unique, and why we should be bought.

E) Opportunites/Rewards if successful. (Talk about prize money, status etc)

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

G) Make them feel welcome

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

When you're done, please E-MAIL ME A COPY at ibrahim.ismail128@yahoo.com,

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES!!!

REMEMBER, THIS IS ROYALTY WE'RE TALKING TO!!!!

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS, SO MAKE YOURS COUNT!!!

GOOD LUCK AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Office of the CEO – Qatar Investment Authority

Tel: +974 44995834

Fax: +974 44995866

E-Mail: ceooffice@qia.qa

Please just go that extra mile to send an email! Together anything is possible.

The support me and Ibrahim have received from this already has been excellent! Thanks to everyone who has contributed...

Hopefully it will do some good. Email sent.

1) If this sheik has billions and wants to buy a premier league club and his choice is Rovers or Everton, there is only one winner to the sane minded man; and it's not Rovers.

I thought this but after having a chat to my lifelong Everton supporting friend it's not as simple as that.

He says there's no doubt that any business person would choose Rovers over Everton. It would cost much less to do so. Everton have a lot of debt and in his words are "mortgaged up to the eyeballs". Add to that they need also need a new stadium. So there's £500m spent before a single penny has gone on players. Then there's Kenright who is said to want to keep a stake in the club, and who is desperate to hold on to the club at all costs.

Compare that to taking over Rovers, who already have a decent stadium and facilities and it's a no-brainer. Venkys got an absolute bargain.

So it comes as no surprise that there's more than the Crown Prince of Qatar interested in purchasing the club. For a PL club, with a decent stadium - and one that's won the PL in its history - it's very cheap, and quite desirable believe it or not.

I thought this but after having a chat to my lifelong Everton supporting friend it's not as simple as that.

He says there's no doubt that any business person would choose Rovers over Everton. It would cost much less to do so. Everton have a lot of debt and in his words are "mortgaged up to the eyeballs". Add to that they need also need a new stadium. So there's £500m spent before a single penny has gone on players. Then there's Kenright who is said to want to keep a stake in the club, and who is desperate to hold on to the club at all costs.

Compare that to taking over Rovers, who already have a decent stadium and facilities and it's a no-brainer. Venkys got an absolute bargain.

So it comes as no surprise that there's more than the Crown Prince of Qatar interested in purchasing the club. For a PL club, with a decent stadium - and one that's won the PL in its history - it's very cheap, and quite desirable believe it or not.

When you think that andy carroll cost £35M, we were/are absolute bargain basement.

C'mon Qatari Prince, this is chicken feed to you (pun intended), throw a few more quid at it and the Indians might just twist!

I've just read 26 page tonight to find out what has been going on today at rovers and with the bid from Qataris.

Alot of comments to read and understand today after a busy day at work.

So am I right to think that Mrs and Mr D have wash their hands of the club and now leaving everything up to Balaji to sort the club now???

Also is Balaji now in sole control of the club and will he now put money into the Janaury transfer fund?

Also can I just say a BIG THANKS to Kamy and Philipl for trying to get venky's out and get the Qatris to buy rovers!!! Great Work by you 2.

I agree. And believe it or not we as fans might still have a chance of being heard.

Unfortunately noone listens to the new guy. Some interesting points been raised that seem to get overlooked. Shame really, conversations seem to have headed in the "wrong" direction.

I think I know what you are reffering to.

Edit: Just got a facebook friend request from India!! No sarcastic remarks please! This strategy of hitting social media might just help!!

Edit: Just got another friend request from India... she's drop dead gorgeous!! No, not Mrs.D!!

Everton has a much bigger fan base/potential though i would imagine.

It also makes me wonder why they are not trying to get Wigan/Bolton/Stoke/wolves/wba/Swansea to name a few. Granted i dont know how those clubs are with debt or facilities, but the price to buy the club cant be that huge?

what i dont understand is mrs d has been the one making the decisions and yet she, at the first opportunity, is willing to sell on if the right offer comes in, so basically everything she has said in the last 12 months, her backing of kean has meant nothing, so all this time they have been playing us for fools.

Well the statement that I have nearly now completed is being proof read by myself and then Mark Alford is going to go through it. Is there anything people would like to add to this statement as I am writing it on behalf of all BRFC FANS???

The what? Going where?

I suppose they either say that - or admit they threw away the winning lottery ticket.

If they keep their mouths shut about the deal they might think they can get away with it. The Qatari are hardly going to come out and say "oh we wanted BRFC but they said no so we went for someone else" so it's Venkys against the press.

They're making themselves look foolish though. It's now widely reported they rebuffed an offer, it's even in the press

Can I just confirm I wasn't questioning philips integrity or anything like that. I think it's fantastic what him and Kamy have done to try to push things along. I was wondering if it was a business venture for him or something he was doing as a fan.

I'll go on record here and now and say what a great thing it is that these guys have been doing. I just hope there is something someone can do to get this deal back on track.

Thanks again Phil and Kamy.

Archived