BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing to come out of all this is the education we are all getting. Would you ever have read an article like that 18 months ago? People have got into all kinds of things they might otherwise not have known about. You probably didn't know you had it in yourself to organise things in the way you have, and I suspect many others have discovered skills they didn't know they had.

It also makes me wonder why they are not trying to get Wigan/Bolton/Stoke/wolves/wba/Swansea to name a few. Granted i dont know how those clubs are with debt or facilities, but the price to buy the club cant be that huge?

Those clubs don't need a new owner as urgently as we do. Their circumstances don't match ours. None are run by an extra from Miami Vice and the man who is the definition of everything that is wrong with the game. This was, maybe still is, their escape route. The Venkys are due to make a good decision for the first time in 12 months.

I was about to say "cut your loses". Ha! Take the money, take the profit, just sell.

Everyone knows Venkys now. Job done there.

Please, just do the decent thing and go.

Can I just confirm I wasn't questioning philips integrity or anything like that. I think it's fantastic what him and Kamy have done to try to push things along. I was wondering if it was a business venture for him or something he was doing as a fan.

I'll go on record here and now and say what a great thing it is that these guys have been doing. I just hope there is something someone can do to get this deal back on track.

Thanks again Phil and Kamy.

and i will go on record as saying that if these lads are doing something to try and get the deal back on track, and it pays off, then they do indeed deserve a lap of honour before a future rovers game.

however, did kamy not say on his twitter feed earlier today or yesterday, that the deal is dead in the water asa it was confirmed by a venkys rep that they are definitley not selling?

Just what planet are these Indian idiots living on?

Against an already fractious (putting it mildly) relationship with the fans, they have now knocked back our chance to possibly be another man city and instead we are stuck with kean, inevitable relegation, crumbling gates, possible adminstration, etc, etc.

Surely, it must have occurred to barry that he will never ever win over the fans now, even if he does fire kean and puts a few quid in - certainly as long as theres breath in my body, I will always think what might of been if they had just sold up to the Qataris. I will never, ever forgive him for putting his own silly ego ahead of the club's best interests. We could have been a major force again but instead of champions league we could realistically be in a lower league than the dingles in a couple of years (unbearable!)

All this clap-trap about not knowing where the stories have come from is just a pathetic attempt to try and save any possible semblance of any support from the fan base but it certainly doesn't wash with me.

Just hope that theres still a chance that barry might change his mind and/or the Qataris come back with a better offer.

Those clubs don't need a new owner as urgently as we do. Their circumstances don't match ours. None are run by an extra from Miami Vice and the man who is the definition of everything that is wrong with the game. This was, maybe still is, their escape route. The Venkys are due to make a good decision for the first time in 12 months.

I was about to say "cut your loses". Ha! Take the money, take the profit, just sell.

Everyone knows Venkys now. Job done there.

Please, just do the decent thing and go.

Even i understand that :-p

But what does the qatar guyscareif weneed new owners or not?

If their motive is that they CARE, we have nothing to worry about. They will force venkys hand, but i cant see them wanting Rovers exclusively.

I just cannot comprehend what is going through the minds of the Venkys! It is such a frustrating and annoying situation. They are destroying our club with SK & JA and now seem determined to destroy any relationship that they may have still had with the fans.

Quote from Venkatesh today: "Money is not everything to us. The passion is there and we don't want to let the fans down." Do they not realise they are massively letting the fans down by NOT selling the club?!?! The only thing that makes sense is to sell up, any layman can see that but seemingly these idiots in charge cannot! Unbelievable! If they really loved this club, like they say they do, they would let us go now.

I look forward to seeing the backlash really unfold because it could be spectacular, especially if the Venkys or JA are spotted near or in Ewood!

JA?

Nope, quite the opposite. Various parties are keen for Venkys and especially JA to vacate Ewood. The impression I get is that Rovers are being put forward as a good option for the Qataris, despite other clubs being available. Not because we ARE necessarily a better option, but because Venkys need to leave soon and the Qatari have the financial clout to do something about it with a no nonsense "take your money and run" offer.

I want the film rights to this whole thread!! So, who's putting us forward... (thats why I said JA). Is it Barclays? The FA? Philip and Kammy

That's something i'm not prepared to come out and say as, like many stories, I don't have the concrete proof to be able to say.

But there are several parties that want this to be resolved quickly and would rather the Qataris bought rovers than Everton, it would save a LOT of trouble for a LOT of people.

Everton has a much bigger fan base/potential though i would imagine.

Of course but when you're talking about over half a billion to acquire the club, then further investment to bring the club up to the same standard as the Man Cities of the world. That's a lot of money even for a multi billionaire.

It also makes me wonder why they are not trying to get Wigan/Bolton/Stoke/wolves/wba/Swansea to name a few. Granted i dont know how those clubs are with debt or facilities, but the price to buy the club cant be that huge?

Wigan - really? Even so Whelan has stated he would never sell to foreigners.

Bolton - really? With their debt? You think Gartside's going to part with Bolton?

Stoke - really? owned and bankrolled by the Coates family, who are very well liked.

Wolves - perhaps, got potential. But does Morgan want to sell?

Swansea - a better bet than Rovers? Not sure about that.

West Brom are the only team that I would think would be a decent bet, potential and suchlike. But I bet even they would be more expensive in the short term.

That's something i'm not prepared to come out and say as, like many stories, I don't have the concrete proof to be able to say.

But there are several parties that want this to be resolved quickly and would rather the Qataris bought rovers than Everton, it would save a LOT of trouble for a LOT of people.

Sorry, didn't mean to ask you to reveal where it came from. Got a rush of blood!! :blush:

I wish there was a way to get this back on track but unfortunately there isn't.

Venky's won't sell. Qatari's don't want to force a sale or get into a long protracted process, so they have moved on and will be buying another club in the very near future.

Tried but failed, I really wish I could say different but can't.

I don't mind admitting that I am gutted, totally flattened tonight. We are stuck with Venky's for the foreseeable future, there are no other viable alternatives.

The Qatari were advised to go for Rovers as they would be a relatively cheap investment to balance the books before they could start the massive investment on players, staff, wages etc.

The offer was very real.

Everton have their own issues at the minute, with Kenwright looking to sell off players to raise funds. Rovers would have been the cheaper initial outlay though, hence why reports state that Rovers were approached first, and now attention has turned to Everton.

I can't help thinking though that the Qatari outfit would prefer to buy Rovers even after being rebuffed as it would still cost circa £200m less than Everton. Maybe there's still time? Who knows.

A lot of people want Venkys and their associates out though. Not just fans. The Qatari may still be persuaded to re-offer by people in high places.

Those Qatari's could buy BRFC, PNE and Burnley for 40-50m and make a super club able to compete better with the bigger clubs in the short term and hopefully without needing sugar daddies from all parts of the globe when times turn hard in the long term when media money inevitably diminishes.

Of course but when you're talking about over half a billion to acquire the club, then further investment to bring the club up to the same standard as the Man Cities of the world. That's a lot of money even for a multi billionaire.

Wigan - really? Even so Whelan has stated he would never sell to foreigners.

Bolton - really? With their debt? You think Gartside's going to part with Bolton?

Stoke - really? owned and bankrolled by the Coates family, who are very well liked.

Wolves - perhaps, got potential. But does Morgan want to sell?

Swansea - a better bet than Rovers? Not sure about that.

West Brom are the only team that I would think would be a decent bet, potential and suchlike. But I bet even they would be more expensive in the short term.

Good points, but

Wigan - i know Whelan do not want foreign owners, but we keep saying to Venkys that money talks. Surely that applies to Whelan too?

Bolton - how big is the debt? Isnt Rovers in mega debt too, with the tv money stuff. Sorry i dont have the details.

Stoke - true. Still money talks..?

Wolves - money talks i guess?

Swansea - tiny club. Town slightly bigger in size to Blacburn, but almost 100% white ethnicity. Could put Qataris off..? (wikipedia info. Please correct me if im wrong)

I wish there was a way to get this back on track but unfortunately there isn't.

Venky's won't sell. Qatari's don't want to force a sale or get into a long protracted process, so they have moved on and will be buying another club in the very near future.

Tried but failed, I really wish I could say different but can't.

I don't mind admitting that I am gutted, totally flattened tonight. We are stuck with Venky's for the foreseeable future, there are no other viable alternatives.

Kamy, do you think there is any chance that this situation might be a wake up call for Venkys or does it just seem like arrogance and pride on their part?

Archived