BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Good points, but

Wigan - i know Whelan do not want foreign owners, but we keep saying to Venkys that money talks. Surely that applies to Whelan too?

Bolton - how big is the debt? Isnt Rovers in mega debt too, with the tv money stuff. Sorry i dont have the details.

Stoke - true. Still money talks..?

Wolves - money talks i guess?

Swansea - tiny club. Town slightly bigger in size to Blacburn, but almost 100% white ethnicity. Could put Qataris off..? (wikipedia info. Please correct me if im wrong)

Bolton is owned by Eddie Davis (think thats his name) lives on IOM. Bolton owe him £110M.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good points, but

Wigan - i know Whelan do not want foreign owners, but we keep saying to Venkys that money talks. Surely that applies to Whelan too?

Bolton - how big is the debt? Isnt Rovers in mega debt too, with the tv money stuff. Sorry i dont have the details.

Stoke - true. Still money talks..?

Wolves - money talks i guess?

Swansea - tiny club. Town slightly bigger in size to Blacburn, but almost 100% white ethnicity. Could put Qataris off..? (wikipedia info. Please correct me if im wrong)

Nah with regards to Wigan and Stoke. Money may talk but unlike Venkys these people have principles. Especially Whelan.

You never know though.

Talking of never knowing, on Twitter Nicko says the deal isn't over yet. Things can change, etc.

I'm gutted personally. Would have set the club up for years and years.

Kamy, do you think there is any chance that this situation might be a wake up call for Venkys or does it just seem like arrogance and pride on their part?

I really hope that this is a wake up call for Venky's but am not holding my breath, they've had many wake up calls over the last 12 months and failed to heed any of them.

Those Qatari's could buy BRFC

No they couldn't, we're not for sale.

I honestly don't see the logic in this at all. We're well and truly knackered if they're stupid enough not to sell.

There was a way out for them, now they'll throw the book at us, and rightly so it could be argued. Not that us fans deserve it of course.

Oh, and the Motörhead tour is cancelled an all. Not that your bothered, but bloody hell. Not happy. I'm off to the ###### fridge.

Goodillegitimatenight.

Kamy, what other club would sell, and make the process quick and easy?

There are at least 2 clubs that they are going to target which will be quick and easier to buy than Rovers, Why? because the people who own them want to sell, whereas Venky's don't want to sell. I wish it was different but it isn't.

There are at least 2 clubs that they are going to target which will be quick and easier to buy than Rovers, Why? because the people who own them want to sell, whereas Venky's don't want to sell. I wish it was different but it isn't.

Why does nicko believe they have not gone away? Maybe Qatar want you and others on here out of the loop.

Why does nicko believe they have not gone away? Maybe Qatar want you and others on here out of the loop.

Not sure what Nicko's agenda is. Has always, IMO, tended to be pro Kean / SEM / Venky's. Might just be an attempt to take some heat out of the situation for Kean / SEM / Venky's in order to try and minimise protests we are likely to see over next few days and certainly on Saturday.

First off well done to philip & Kamy for trying to do something positive to effect change I understand kamy's thoughts about being flat now I know what you were on about philip about working on things last week thanks anyway for trying I agree with an earlier poster as I have met philip many years ago he is a very articulate and good chap and knows his stuff having met at a pub in kensington for the dingles prem game a couple of seasons ago when Olsson dived for that penalty that was classic anyway all anyone can do now is carry on protesting make life unbearable for venkys until they are pressured into selling

hi-jaq wrote:I'm not sure what I can do, but I feel compelled to try & get involved in something... I would go as far as Guerilla Warfare if it was to help???!!!

If you want to PM me with what your ideas are or what you are trying to do, I'll call on every resource available to myself to help as much as possible!!!

well hi-jaq very apt name for the business we are doing you could always join me and Abbey in getting rid of coco once and for all and Jerome Anderson we were thinking contract killers or you could just join me and Abs in making sure Jerome Anderson eats horse poo those were Abs very words would love to see JA's face after that! :P .

Anybody know why Glenmullan has been so quiet recently?

I would guess arranging this week's strategy / protests by stealth in order that Venky's & Rovers taken by complete surprise.

I think we have until Saturday night to find a game changer, if we don't, the existing slim hopes we retain will all but have disappeared.

IMO, I think the clock's on rapid countdown and the game is nearly up for our once great club.

Archived