BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Remember Blackburn Rovers?

I feel closer to tears with every word I read. This was, very probably, melodrama excluded, the last chance to save our beloved football club. Now, it's gone. I am distraught. I can see us in

league 1 by next season, or if the ITK-er's allegations aren't true then at best the championship. We are a rudderless ship and my heart aches at the plight of our club. I feel truly betrayed, the Walker 'trust' have destroyed Uncle Jack's legacy and betrayed all our trusts with their actions. We now have a drink-driving, incompetent, moron at the helm for the foreseeable future leading us to defeat after defeat followed by false platitudes to placate the owners and, to an extent the media. I, personally, already feel like the Blackburn Rovers I love is gone. Such is the despair I feel I can only hope that our club's plight will serve as a warning to others, I sincerely hope that no fan of any other club has to go through what we have, and continue to, experience. I wish to applaud the actions of each and every fan who has protested, you are heroes. We have tried, but I sense our owners are so consumed with hubris that they won't leave, they won't spend, and most importantly of all won't change management. I feel as if we have lost all hope, and can only hope against hope that it is darkest before the dawn. I can't see it, however. I think we will be the club that heralds the beginning of the end for money-rich football as we know it. We won't be the last to plummet, but I sincerely believe we will be the first, the example all remember. It seems to be only a matter of time before people say, "Do you remember Blackburn Rovers? They won the Premier League once...". Such is the world we live in, and we are becoming a microcosm & herald of the problems that beset the modern game. I wish it weren't true. and I wish times would change, I just can't see it, and that upsets me hugely. Thank you for tolerating my rant, but I had to say it, and I don't believe i'm on my own in my thoughts.

You are right it is darkest before dawn but I fear we are only just seeing the sun setting we have a long cold night to get through before the sun comes up again. Our darkest hour is not yet even near.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right it is darkest before dawn but I fear we are only just seeing the sun setting we have a long cold night to get through before the sun comes up again. Our darkest hour is not yet even near.

I think you're right, it dawned on me yesterday - which isn't meant to be a pun

So to summarise: a very rich group who weren't particulalry keen on buying us were introduced to another quite rich group who weren't particularly keen on selling us. And nothing happened.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It's desperately sad if you read this thread how far we have fallen that there is post after post wanting somebody else to buy us that we know nothing about other than they aren't that bothered.

I'm so angry at the we are their baby statement !!!!! Patronising fat slimy pillock !!! We are not your baby and we are rovers!!!

If you come to ewood bell me and I will take you to gd spice lounge. I will pay . Let's discuss the meaning of what it means to be a TRUE rover!!!!!

SCUM

Fk that baby comment has peed me off more than anything they've said or done before, who the frig do they think they are ....the way I feel at this moment in time I think they have finished me off now . I feel lilke it's the end for me now. They talk to thd media like we are clueless retards who don't know football!!!

Will I calm down , yes . Will I come again, ATM I ain't to sure!!!

Venkys are rovers grim reaper!!!

I do not think we have heard the last of this situation yet. There has been so many rumours flying around about things going on behind scenes at the club. Things that would have caused the Prem etc to investigate - but no investigation is going on. That it is hard to seperate the truth from what is false.

Strange that hardly any other paper has taken up a potential takeover of Rovers. No comments from those involved with qatar. Venkys have even said that they have not even had a bid - according to media reports - if true, how can they turn down something they have not had (though to be honest I believe there is a bid, but it is still on the table). Media speculation in two papers - LT and the Mirror. Just so happens that is Andy Cryer and Nicko.

Now some are going to lay flowers at Ewood Park as a protest. Can you imagine the pictures beamed in India of flowers around Ewood Park, the media there would have a field day - in favour of the venkys. It would be viewed as a celebration - "look how our fans adore us" "they worship us" etc etc. It would be viewed - or even spun in the media over in India - as a colourful celebration. I can understand some wanting to protest and understand the need, but doing it with flowers, I think this would be counterproductive. How else to protest? No idea.

I want Venkys and Kean out as much as many. But at the moment I cannot help feel that there is too much garbage flying around pretending to be the truth.

So to summarise: a very rich group who weren't particulalry keen on buying us were introduced to another quite rich group who weren't particularly keen on selling us. And nothing happened.

Overly cynical and wrong on the level of determination and track record of the bidder.

Overly cynical and wrong on the level of determination and track record of the bidder.

Is is the essence though, isn't it. If they really are keen or ROVERS, and not just any PL club they can get their hands on, they will not give up just like that.

I do not think we have heard the last of this situation yet. There has been so many rumours flying around about things going on behind scenes at the club. Things that would have caused the Prem etc to investigate - but no investigation is going on. That it is hard to seperate the truth from what is false.

Strange that hardly any other paper has taken up a potential takeover of Rovers. No comments from those involved with qatar. Venkys have even said that they have not even had a bid - according to media reports - if true, how can they turn down something they have not had (though to be honest I believe there is a bid, but it is still on the table). Media speculation in two papers - LT and the Mirror. Just so happens that is Andy Cryer and Nicko.

Now some are going to lay flowers at Ewood Park as a protest. Can you imagine the pictures beamed in India of flowers around Ewood Park, the media there would have a field day - in favour of the venkys. It would be viewed as a celebration - "look how our fans adore us" "they worship us" etc etc. It would be viewed - or even spun in the media over in India - as a colourful celebration. I can understand some wanting to protest and understand the need, but doing it with flowers, I think this would be counterproductive. How else to protest? No idea.

I want Venkys and Kean out as much as many. But at the moment I cannot help feel that there is too much garbage flying around pretending to be the truth.

You need to spread your net a bit more. A lot of newspapers have reported the story both domestic and international (including India). You're not looking very hard.

But they may well be investigating, just not started proceedings yet, especially given the fact there's a takeover on the cards. They may just be waiting til after the takeover news has passed before starting proceedings.

You need to spread your net a bit more. A lot of newspapers have reported the story both domestic and international (including India). You're not looking very hard.

Far point, I was not aware.

But one thing that is not in any of the media outlets. Anything with regards anything dodgy happening within the club. Not even a hint. Would you not think that if the club or owners had done something that would maybe end up with a points deduction, relegation that the media would not be all over it. Other clubs would love Rovers to fill one of those relegation spots - it would mean they would only have to stay above two other teams. But there is nothing.

As much as I would like Rovers to have different owners - because they have shown me they are not right for the club. Also a different manager - his record shows me he is not good enough. Because I think the players are good enough to stay up, but are badly managed. But something is not adding up.

There are many on here who claim to be in the know about behind the scenes happenings, who have contacted me. But something is not adding up. To be honest I would like all those who claim to know what is going on to PM me so that I can sift everything said. It would not be put on here, just for my own curiosity. Some have PM'd me before and know I won't break confidences.

Archived