BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MY BAD..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with saying 'My Bad'. Doesn't make the person thick for saying it or mean that they've got a poor understanding of the English language.

Some people fail to move with the times, languages evolve. Deal with it!

Should be owing to or because of.

Correct use of the word is due to arrive or due to to depart.

That word causes me problems here.

I naturally pronounce 'Due' as 'Jew'

When I asked the pregnant jewish lady at work when she was due (jew) it caused a little confusion...

I'm working on calling it 'do' though.

'My bad' is a saying that used to really annoy me and still does. However when I lived in America to go to university and being surrounded by students who would say this a lot. As a result, to my absolute shame, I found myself saying it and still do now from time to time.

Another saying that really annoys me and is when people say 'LOL' in a sentence. Awful.

The mangling of the language in social media/text constrained mobile space is not unique to English or the UK. The proprietor of a restaurant in Malta wrote this of her young team:

Last night I had a chance to see what language my staff communicate in via FB and SMS. It is not Maltese, it is not English and it is not, in any way, a language. But at the same time, it is. It took me a while to figure out a couple of sentences :)

Should be owing to or because of.

Correct use of the word is due to arrive or due to to depart.

Dictionary Definition "Due to - atrributable to or caused by". Too clever this time Jim.

Tru dat.

See the reply to Jim.

I'd rather be on Job Seekers Allowance than employed by the likes of Jim, Bryan or Al... :blink:

You would be if you applied to work for me! :D

Archived