BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean exclusive: We deserve to be in top 10 says under-fire Blackburn boss

We leak goals at the back, we can't take chances when we make them, That's why we don't win. It happens every week and therefore its not about luck.

Its about a manager whose selections, substitutions, formations, training,tactics and transfer policies are abysmal. And owners who appointed him and won't sack him or sell the club.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I actually agree with your dad that we deserve to be further up the table. I do not, however, agree with Kean that our performances so far are deserving of a top ten position. Trying to be as fair as possible, I have looked at our league games so far and these are the games where I think we deserved either more or fewer points:

Wolves (deserved a draw) +1

Everton (deserved to win) +3

Fulham (deserved to lose) -1

Arsenal (deserved to draw) -2

Tottenham (deserved to draw) +1

Norwich (deserved to win) +2

Chelsea (deserved to draw) +1

Therefore, I think that we deserve to have an additional 5 points. I have reworked the league table based on the above "deserved" results by adding 5 points to our total and then either increasing or decreasing the above teams' points tallies as appropriate. The result is that we would be in 15th position, two points above the relegation zone - you will have to trust me on this (I tried to copy and paste the reworked table but the formatting was all over the place).

So I do think we deserve to be higher up the table. The problem is that Kean just doesn't help himself by over-egging everything he says. We clearly do not deserve to be in the top ten at the moment.

We didn't deserve to draw with Wolves, they outplayed us, but other than that I'd agree. However, the reason we're losing these points is because of the manager. Therefore as long as we keep him in charge, unfortunately, we don't deserve anything. Put a proper manager in place and most of the time we'll get the points we deserve.

What worries me most about these keaning stats is that some (or even he) is working out this pointless rubbish when they could be working on stats or tactics which will help us beat our opponents.

Waste of keaning time.

What worries me most about these keaning stats is that some (or even he) is working out this pointless rubbish when they could be working on stats or tactics which will help us beat our opponents.

Waste of keaning time.

We should try and alert the media about you using Kean as an insult or swearing word. Its something I think they will find trivial.

Can't agree there. Missing penalties is entirely our own fault, if we can't score them then we don't deserve to win.

Everton's penalty was soft though, so I'd say we deserved a draw. I agree with the poster who said we deserved to be beaten by Wolves, we were terrible.

That takes us down to 2 extra points. Still rubbish.

Omg. Who'd want an 'Exclusive' with that loser?

And, as someone rightly pointed out yesterday, he's basically admitting that he's incompetent with all this talk of a 'Top 10 team' whilst sitting second-bottom. It's just too bad we have owners who don't care about tiny details like league position and y'know success in general.

"Kean smiles when asked if he is lucky to be still in a job after picking up just three wins from Blackburn’s last 25 league games."

what a brilliant question, I really want to see this.

The talent of a great liar is they can lie to themselves almost to a point they believe their lies are infact reality.

I actually agree with your dad that we deserve to be further up the table. I do not, however, agree with Kean that our performances so far are deserving of a top ten position. Trying to be as fair as possible, I have looked at our league games so far and these are the games where I think we deserved either more or fewer points:

Therefore, I think that we deserve to have an additional 5 points. I have reworked the league table based on the above "deserved" results by adding 5 points to our total and then either increasing or decreasing the above teams' points tallies as appropriate. The result is that we would be in 15th position, two points above the relegation zone - you will have to trust me on this (I tried to copy and paste the reworked table but the formatting was all over the place).

So I do think we deserve to be higher up the table. The problem is that Kean just doesn't help himself by over-egging everything he says. We clearly do not deserve to be in the top ten at the moment.

Do you think at the end of the season the premier league will take these deserved results into account when deciding final positions. If so there may be a chance we could avoid relegation.

I wonder where all the clubs think they deserve to be.

You get largely what you deserve. If you can't score from 2 penalties you don't deserve to win.

If you make bad subs it is always likely you can throw away a 2 goal lead.

If you have a manager who can't organize a team to defend you are going to concede lots of goals.

If you have Roberts up front on his own you won't score many.

I'm sure teams above us (and the one below us) also have hard luck stories.

United "deserved" to win at Upton Park in 95 so did we not "deserve" to finish second?

Games are decided by goals and the table is based on points gained. That's the measure. Not perceived bad luck.

I wonder how much Kean & Anderson tell our owners our squad is worth ?

I think our owners are probably living in a fool's paradise!

You get largely what you deserve. If you can't score from 2 penalties you don't deserve to win.

If you have a manager who can't organize a team to defend you are going to concede lots of goals.

United "deserved" to win at Upton Park in 95 so did we not "deserve" to finish second?

Games are decided by goals and the table is based on points gained. That's the measure. Not perceived bad luck.

A splendid post.

Kean quote today

Many reports have illustrated a picture of mass frustration among the Ewood faithful this season about the state of the team and their current plight.

Kean, however, believes that most supporters are right behind him and the team.

He continued: "The majority of fans have been 100 per cent behind the lads, there has been a very small section at home that have been a bit negative.

"But when we meet people in the village and around the training ground, it's nothing but compliments.

"They are saying things like 'stick with it', 'we can see things are getting better', 'we can see massive signs [of improvement]', 'it's the best we've been playing in years'. They are enjoying seeing the young players coming through."

• Backroom

Great post and spot on.

"They are saying things like 'stick with it', 'we can see things are getting better', 'we can see massive signs [of improvement]', 'it's the best we've been playing in years'. They are enjoying seeing the young players coming through."

It's like a parody... except it ain't funny.

Kean quote today

Many reports have illustrated a picture of mass frustration among the Ewood faithful this season about the state of the team and their current plight.

He continued: "The majority of fans have been 100 per cent behind the lads, there has been a very small section at home that have been a bit negative.

"But when we meet people in the village and around the training ground, it's nothing but compliments.

What village is he on about ? Whalley, Hurst Green, Brockhall or the small town of Clitheroe ?

I'm in and around these places and haven't seen Kean or a Rovers' player 'out and about' for yonks.

As for getting in the training ground, that's a larf !

Kean quote today

He comes out with that exact repsonse each week.

As a previous poster said, as it was a Kean BS Free Zone, I've not enjoyed an international break as much in my life.

What village is he on about ? Whalley, Hurst Green, Brockhall or the small town of Clitheroe ?

I'm in and around these places and haven't seen Kean or a Rovers' player 'out and about' for yonks.

As for getting in the training ground, that's a larf !

Or he thinks Blackburn is a village the diluded git gtfo from our club is all I got to say

Kean quote today

so the majority of the rovers fans live in a village, funny that, does this village actually exist?

I guarentee Kean talks to less then 20-30 fans a week, so how exactly is that a majority.

How does Kean get away with saying this tosh, amazing.

• Backroom

If he wasn't our manager it would be absolutely hilarious. Does he genuinely expect people to think everyone he meets comes up to him and lavishes praise over his 18% win record? He makes out like he's never met a person who doesn't think he's doing anything other than a spectacular job and it's insane to think anybody would say otherwise.

Seriously, seriously deluded. I wonder how much LSD they'd find if they raided Kean's home. Mix with a bit of alcohol and maybe this is where his "trips" to "the village" are occuring - in his head.

Note: For legal purposes the above is a fictitious scenario, I'm not suggesting Kean actually has drugs in his house :D

Archived