BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean exclusive: We deserve to be in top 10 says under-fire Blackburn boss

I can't read this article as the deluded fool just makes me angry. Does he not realise that when John "Enock" Terry tells him it was a tough game he is patronising him. They say that when they have thumped a lower division club 5-0 in the cup as well, it means nothing. If he is true to his word though we are in for a Champions league run of results for the rest of the season.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like a good first team coach?

Sorry I don't know what point you are trying to make, he talks complete nonsense pre and post match - so the players, in your view, have stuck by him - how come we have not picked up more wins then?

This is the top, the bottom, the middle, the be-all and the end-all of it.

Trouble is we need a manager.

Just like a good first team coach?

Sorry I don't know what point you are trying to make, he talks complete nonsense pre and post match - so the players, in your view, have stuck by him - how come we have not picked up more wins then?

Just saying he is deliberately attracting all the anger and that at least some of the players will give him kudos for that. He managed to outsmart Williams so he can't be that thick.

Just saying he is deliberately attracting all the anger and that at least some of the players will give him kudos for that. He managed to outsmart Williams so he can't be that thick.

People see the players are doing their best and are right behind them. Kean isn't attracting all the anger as part of a deliberate strategy--he's getting it quite naturally as the fans know his incompetence is to blame.

And what good came out of "outsmarting Williams" as you put it? If he's not thick, why not use his intelligence in a constructive way to help the Club?

People see the players are doing their best and are right behind them. Kean isn't attracting all the anger as part of a deliberate strategy--he's getting it quite naturally as the fans know his incompetence is to blame.

And what good came out of "outsmarting Williams" as you put it? If he's not thick, why not use his intelligence in a constructive way to help the Club?

He's not thick but he doesn't have it in him to use his cleverness for the good of the club. He uses it all for himself, nasty, sly cunning, manipulative. I was prepared to give him a chance at first but his character quickly became evident. The educated fan can see we're in transition? Perhaps it's as well that the other 19,999 can see him for what he is.

I prefer to think of him as devious or machiavelian.

As well as annoying.

I'm not sure he out-smarted John. Quite possibly he used Mr Toad's close association with the tweedle-dum's to his advantage. Not much that John could do about that if he'd been emasculated by the new corporate structure (or lack of one).

He managed to outsmart Williams so he can't be that thick.

You make a very interesting point.

There are many adjectives that could be used to describe him, including devious, insincere and delusional.

What I find interesting is how, despite continuing many themes during interview-positivisim,the increased value of the squad,bad luck etc,he is never quite the sitting target a manager with his track record deserves to be.

My reading of the situation is that he is regularly getting help from 1, or more, person(s) unknown, who are providing him with the ammunition.Possibly the 1, or more, person(s) who helped him outwit Williams.

Un-f!'kin real...... There really must be growing evidence to get this pillock sectioned. Please, please, please can someone take this ###### away from my football club!

What village is he on about ? Whalley, Hurst Green, Brockhall or the small town of Clitheroe ?

I'm in and around these places and haven't seen Kean or a Rovers' player 'out and about' for yonks.

As for getting in the training ground, that's a larf !

Assuming he means Burnley.

Congratulations Kean. Just when I thought that I couldn't be shocked by the depths of rank stupidity and bull that this con-artist spouted he goes and shocks me.

Has he never heard the phrase - you're never too good to go down? Madness to think that he's not even aware that this is a danger that every club outside the top 6/7 face. Absolute luncacy not to be aware of the danger.

A stupid comment to make if you were in midtable, much less when you are 3 points adrift of safety.

Seriously he must be on the wind up with his comments. No one is that stupid to make so many antagonistic statements.

So Kean says you are only a genuine supporter if you go EVERY home and away game, and if you do, you are also thrilled with what he is doing.

Well I guess that has just alienated at least 90% of fans world-wide, including me, because although I attend every home game, I only get to a maximum of 50% of away games a season nowadays.

Well Mr Kean, get ready for 90 minutes of hell tomorrow, because not all supporters are lucky enough to have money flowing through every crack of their body, but hey at least we earn ours by doing an honest living, and performing in our roles. We will be here long after you have gone, and your arrogance the night before our biggest fixture of the season, has just changed the atmosphere tomorrow.

Thank you so much for trying to ruin another weekend, If anyone supports your words tonight please let them be someone who goes home and away every fixture and supports you

They sound like famous last words

We wish! Christmas, birthday, Eid, Easter, thanksgiving, new year, hanukkah, st Patrick's day, young farmers ###### up, graduation day, birth of your first child........ Nothing could compare to seeing this gobshite get booted out the Ewood door!

• Backroom

W T F.

Why is he trying to outdo himself with ridiculous, inane comments every time he does an interview? No chance we'll be relegated?! Not like we're in the bottom 3, at least 2 wins away from safety and having only won a single game this season with a manager that has an 18% win record.

OH WAIT.

psn-network-exploit-facepalm.jpeg

"But I think the genuine fans who go every week, the ones who go week in week out home and away" - Sorry Steve, l don't make many away games due to having two young kids to look after. I'll send back my son's and my season tickets for not being "genuine fans". He'll be gutted that the Rovers manager thinks he's not a real supporter. Don't expect us at Ewood again till you're gone. As for being patronized, l've got an ex-wife to do that thanks :angry2:

Way to go Steve, you've played another blinder there :wacko:

Slowly the media are beginning to see that their blind backing of kean over the last 12 months may have been misplaced.

There has been a big change over the last week on how the press have reported the many issues surrounding venkys ownership of the club. I have no doubt that this has come about due to the persistance of all involved with the protests - when the daylight finally shines over Ewood again we will be able to hold our heads high.

I agree that missing penalties is not bad luck. Equally though the penalty misses weren't Kean's fault. Furthermore, we did enough in that game (aside from the penalties) to win it.

Yeah but if the clown is too daft enough to not decide who to take the penalties that is his fault he should organise and decide who takes penalties after all he sees the players in training every day if he can't decide who should take the penalties he should not be in a job.

This is a perfect example of people finding reasons to criticise and blame things on Kean. After some games, Kean has been criticised for not using his subs. When he does use his subs, they are identified as being the cause of us conceding two goals (a massive deflection and a ridiculous penalty).

I have to be brutally honest massive deflection the fact Lowe turned his back had nothing to do with it that deflected goal Lowe has to stand strong if he takes a sore onbe to the face or privates you have to stand strong and block the shot if he does that we win the game 3-2 would Givet/Hendry have done the same I don't think so yes the pen was unfortunate but the marking for the 1st goal was shocking as KIean was a defender in his playing days he should have sorted this out first.

I whole-heartedly agree that our defending so far this season has been shambolic and the blame has to be placed to a large extent at Kean's door. My point, however, is that despite our terrible defending and the number of goals we have conceded, our attacking play in most games has been good enough to earn the 15 points identified in my original post.

You sound like the clown himself having good attacking play does not put points on the board just because you enter the oppositions box 75-80% of the time if you don't put the ball in the back of the net you don't deserve to take any points full stop & might I remind you he had all summer to sort out bringing in another striker he should just have bid 10-15M for defoe & pay him what he wants we would be much higher up & Roberts should be in a retirement home! :lol:

If you have Roberts up front on his own you won't score many.

I'm sure teams above us (and the one below us) also have hard luck stories.

I'm sure they have but Rovers is the only team I watch consistently and so I can only comment on their games.

When calculating that we probably deserve to have 15 points at the current time, I looked at every league game played so far this season. Your example is a poor one as it refers to one game and fails to take into account, for example, the ridiculous decisions that went against us in our two games againt United that season (e.g. Sherwood disallowed goal and Berg sending off).

I agree that wherever you finish at the end of a season, you deserve to finish. That is because, for the most part, everyone's luck will even itself out over almost 40 games. But it is certainly possible to have bad luck over a shorter period of time and I believe that we have suffered such bad luck over the first 11 games.

Talk about foot in mouth time yes at times we have had bad luck but by the same token we have had some very good luck because if we are going on luck Arsenal should have had a point when robbo tripped up Walcott and luckily in that game we got 2 own goals.

Archived