BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's: A Year On

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until someone can disprove otherwise what Darwen Rover has posted, then I'll buy into that story.

As for twelve months on, what Venky's need to know is that WE the Rovers fans are now the subjects of ridicule in this country through various national media outlets and also in our region in particular with our closest rivals.

You just cant underestimate the harm, the pain, the damage, inflicted on us poor Rovers fans, who believed in all the goodness that Venkys would bring to the club initially.

Sorry but allegations like those require some evidence for me to buy in.

I agree with the rest of your post. I'm particularly aggravated (and trying to stay out of) the discussion on another thread which seems to involve a Venkys employee suggesting all the Raos want is to be loved. Earn it, shysters.

I agree with the rest of your post. I'm particularly aggravated (and trying to stay out of) the discussion on another thread which seems to involve a Venkys employee suggesting all the Raos want is to be loved. Earn it, shysters.

Yoda, makes a very interesting point in another thread about Indian business culture which I think we all need to digest and maybe rethink our approach, rather than just scream abuse at them.

Yoda, makes a very interesting point in another thread about Indian business culture which I think we all need to digest and maybe rethink our approach, rather than just scream abuse at them.

JAL, this is in no way directed at you. But over the last 12 months I have tried to give Venkys time to get themselves sorted before I judge them as owners. To be completely honest I am at the stage where I am really not interested in Indian business culture, the appropriate way to voice concerns etc etc. I think they have momentously failed in terms of selection of business partner, business management, presentation of any kind of coherent strategy, key decisions regarding employment to senior positions and, most importantly, they have treated fans of this club with utter contempt. I am not planning on screaming abuse at them but I have made my judgment on them- they are shysters. I wish they would get the hell out. Its going to take massive change to alter my view and I do not see that happening.

Having said all that, I don't believe there is evidence of anything criminal going on here and so that isn't coming into my thinking- its just incompetence and a lack of understanding & care.

JAL, this is in no way directed at you. But over the last 12 months I have tried to give Venkys time to get themselves sorted before I judge them as owners. To be completely honest I am at the stage where I am really not interested in Indian business culture, the appropriate way to voice concerns etc etc. I think they have momentously failed in terms of selection of business partner, business management, presentation of any kind of coherent strategy, key decisions regarding employment to senior positions and, most importantly, they have treated fans of this club with utter contempt. I am not planning on screaming abuse at them but I have made my judgment on them- they are shysters. I wish they would get the hell out. Its going to take massive change to alter my view and I do not see that happening.

Having said all that, I don't believe there is evidence of anything criminal going on here and so that isn't coming into my thinking- its just incompetence and a lack of understanding & care.

Generally Devon Rover, think thats pretty much how we all feel. What I'm trying to say, or prompt is, that there should be a total rethink of our behaviour so that we can link in better with the Indian Hindu businessmans mindset other than by taking the path that we've chosen so far in protesting or shouting abuse at them (not that there was anything wrong in this).

Generally Devon Rover, think thats pretty much how we all feel. What I'm trying to say, or prompt is, that there should be a total rethink of our behaviour so that we can link in better with the Indian Hindu businessmans mindset other than by taking the path that we've chosen so far in protesting or shouting abuse at them (not that there was anything wrong in this).

Fair enough, JAL. I guess I'm at a point where I want nothing to do with them or them with us and they just don't feel worth the effort. But they aren't going anywhere are they?

The "abuse" did not materialize until well into this season. They had a considerable amount of time with the bulk of the fans on their side. They failed to act. Now they are being "abused" and are failing to act.

Venkys have demonstrated they will not act, regardless of fan action or reaction. As a result, why should we give any thought to their "culture"? Which by the way is offensive. We go overseas and we have to respect their culture. Fair enough. But if they come over here, they should be respecting ours. Unless, of course, Western culture is running up the white flag?

The "abuse" did not materialize until well into this season. They had a considerable amount of time with the bulk of the fans on their side. They failed to act. Now they are being "abused" and are failing to act.

Venkys have demonstrated they will not act, regardless of fan action or reaction. As a result, why should we give any thought to their "culture"? Which by the way is offensive. We go overseas and we have to respect their culture. Fair enough. But if they come over here, they should be respecting ours. Unless, of course, Western culture is running up the white flag?

American's respecting overseas cultures?

I thought you guys didn't get irony.

:D

American's respecting overseas cultures?

I thought you guys didn't get irony.

:D

:lol:

Seriously, we do respect other cultures. We don't have any of our own, so we steal from everyone else.

For example, we swiped that whole humanistic legal system and WASP work ethic thing from you English, but left the tea biscuits as we much preferred the South American coffee. :tu:

Well we have been in the relegation mire all season and with the managers job just about rendered sacred to Steve Kean I cannot see any road to redemption, as he has still - 41 games in -  failed to win two consecutive league games.

That this truculent trollop "Madame" Desai has self-appointed herself as the solitary arbiter of what is right and wrong for the club also sends shudders down my spine. By her own admission when "they" first took over she said she'd digested very little of the fruits that football has to offer, let alone taken stock of the status quo at Rovers. Yet here we are little over a year on, chiding so many decisions her and her spineless brothers have made.

Triumphing in the swamp of adverse circumstances that now plague the club would stretch the limits of even the most qualified management structure I fear, but who - in this black hole of footballing and fiscal acumen - is going to save the club from relegation and years of financial uncertainty? Who can we pin our hopes on folks?

- A fairly inexperienced squad of players, set to be relieved of it's "stars" and several of the old heads that catalysed a last ditch survival last May?

- Their globe-trotting gaffer and his endless tactical errors?

- The positively powerless puppets at Ewood?

- The curiously penniless, know-nothing stay-aways in Pune? 

- The demoralised, sometimes in-fighting 12th man at what was, just over a year back, commonly referred to as "Fortress Ewood"? 

Sure as eggs is eggs, with Venkys pigheadedly sticking to their misfiring guns this dysfunctional mess is going down, as dumb Desai sits in Pune - hopelessly out of touch, surrounded by a backdrop of false adulation - and she could not give a tinkers cuss. Which is of course in stark contrast to the crestfallen Rovers fans; whom many so-called experts have castigated for expressing passions and emotions distinctly absent from anyone that matters within this hollow imitation of BRFC. 

Its all beginning to leave a thoroughly sour taste in my mouth; one that makes it difficult to be proud of this poor, abused-from-afar shambles of a club. When the club itself becomes the celebrated centre-piece once more I'm sure we'll all be chuffed, but in my view that's not going to happen under this self-serving, limelight-hogging shower of sh*te who continue to make a mockery out of what is in essence becoming a sideshow to their footballing fame/infamy - the club.

Much of the fan base has had some unfair press recently, but if the "disgusting" "abusive" "idiots" amongst us were running the club it wouldn't be in such dire turmoil; and that's because we supporters - and that includes every last one of us ("tremblers", "grovellers" and all) - care... :brfc:

Well we have been in the relegation mire all season and with the managers job just about rendered sacred to Steve Kean I cannot see any road to redemption, as he has still - 41 games in -  failed to win two consecutive league games.

That this truculent trollop "Madame" Desai has self-appointed herself as the solitary arbiter of what is right and wrong for the club also sends shudders down my spine. By her own admission when "they" first took over she said she'd digested very little of the fruits that football has to offer, let alone taken stock of the status quo at Rovers. Yet here we are little over a year on, chiding so many decisions her and her spineless brothers have made.

Triumphing in the swamp of adverse circumstances that now plague the club would stretch the limits of even the most qualified management structure I fear, but who - in this black hole of footballing and fiscal acumen - is going to save the club from relegation and years of financial uncertainty? Who can we pin our hopes on folks?

- A fairly inexperienced squad of players, set to be relieved of it's "stars" and several of the old heads that catalysed a last ditch survival last May?

- Their globe-trotting gaffer and his endless tactical errors?

- The positively powerless puppets at Ewood?

- The curiously penniless, know-nothing stay-aways in Pune? 

- The demoralised, sometimes in-fighting 12th man at what was, just over a year back, commonly referred to as "Fortress Ewood"? 

Sure as eggs is eggs, with Venkys pigheadedly sticking to their misfiring guns this dysfunctional mess is going down, as dumb Desai sits in Pune - hopelessly out of touch, surrounded by a backdrop of false adulation - and she could not give a tinkers cuss. Which is of course in stark contrast to the crestfallen Rovers fans; whom many so-called experts have castigated for expressing passions and emotions distinctly absent from anyone that matters within this hollow imitation of BRFC. 

Its all beginning to leave a thoroughly sour taste in my mouth; one that makes it difficult to be proud of this poor, abused-from-afar shambles of a club. When the club itself becomes the celebrated centre-piece once more I'm sure we'll all be chuffed, but in my view that's not going to happen under this self-serving, limelight-hogging shower of sh*te who continue to make a mockery out of what is in essence becoming a sideshow to their footballing fame/infamy - the club.

Much of the fan base has had some unfair press recently, but if the "disgusting" "abusive" "idiots" amongst us were running the club it wouldn't be in such dire turmoil; and that's because we supporters - and that includes every last one of us ("tremblers", "grovellers" and all) - care... :brfc:

Someone give this man a blog.

Seriously, we do respect other cultures. We don't have any of our own, so we steal from everyone else.

For example, we swiped that whole humanistic legal system and WASP work ethic thing from you English, but left the tea biscuits as we much preferred the South American coffee. :tu:

You had nothing left to drink to have the tea biscuits with after the little hissy fit in Boston :)

Ha ha. Well maybe you didn't used to have any culture of your own.

However, for better or worse, most of the kids round here now wear backwards baseball caps and baggy shorts, call each other "Yo, dude" and play basketball instead of football or cricket.... :lol:

Archived