BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next

mark

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it would be Clarke of Huddersfield, gets all his team playing for each other, organised and has a good assistant too!!

You don't mean Terry M. do you !!!!!!!!!! Heard him described some things but not that !!!!!!!!

Looks like Kean is on his way HALLELUJAH!!!!!! BOUT BLEEDING TIME!!!!!!

Now what makes me extremely nervous is the names that iv seen (according to Nicko)...

We need someone with either a proven track record or a huge name to galvanise the team n gain their respect hopefully convince Samba and Hoillett to stay till the end of the season or in Hoilletts case sign a new deal...

If....and it's a great big if, he does go, then he must be replaced with an experienced premiership manager, this is the wrong time for someone to cut their teeth. A person who commands respect, can motivate, is tactically aware, can get the lazy buggers fit, can handle pressure and can wheel n deal the transfer market. That would narrow it down. The only name I'm interested in is HUGHES! (but I would take Souness if Hughes wouldn't come).

Maybe Santa will deliver, if we've all been good this year. :xmas:

what do you mean 'BIG if'? he has to go, i know your talking about venkys inability to make the right choices but even they know keeping him on would be suicide.

My feelings on kean go back to the fact he shouldn't ever have been anywhere near his current position. The 'big if' is said with an eye on the rumours every weekend that seem to end up as a damp squib!! My hopes have been raised so many times that I don't want to believe it until I see it in black and white and hear it on the radio and see it on the telly!! Then, and only then, will I be convinced he's gone.

Beggars cant be choosers.

What if its Grant or Shearer?

Some of us are fantasizing if we think Venkys will make the best choice which we all agree with - Hughes. Or even if Hughes is interested in the first place. It could be a choice between bad and worse.

For me in order of choice its Hughes, then Souness. If it turns out to be choices between people like Dave Jones who no one in the squad will even know who he is so would need a lot of time to win them over, Grant and Shearer, then that's where I may be swayed to dream with Shearer although I could pay for it.

Beggars can't be choosers, so unless Venkys actually stick their hand down the back of the sofa we have no bargaining power whatsoever.

I've said over and over I'd take anyone but Kean and I still would. My only fear is that one of Venky's' advisors brings in his own man and Project "Belaji Rao's Flying Circus" continues.

Shearer WITH NEWELL might not be such a bad thing. Newell is clearly his own man and wouldn't take any messing from agents.

If the worst still happened, and the damage already done is irreparable, I'd certainly rather be relegated with those two in charge than Kean.

Archived