BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next

mark

Venkys would see Shearer as a popular choice despite his lack of experience. I personally cant believe that any manager would want to come to Rovers under the current regime never mind our league position. Forget Hughes, if Fulham weren't ambitious enough for him then I doubt a squad destined for relegation would tempt him. Souness likewise.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Curbishley was appointed with the seemingly unachievable goal of saving West Ham from relegation in December of 2006-07 season, he managed to win 7 out of the last 9 games to miraculously survive.

Of course I'd prefer the likes of Hughes but I don't think he's a realistic option right now. At least Curbishley has previous form of doing what is required in an almost identical situation.

When Curbishley was appointed with the seemingly unachievable goal of saving West Ham from relegation in December of 2006-07 season, he managed to win 7 out of the last 9 games to miraculously survive.

Of course I'd prefer the likes of Hughes but I don't think he's a realistic option right now. At least Curbishley has previous form of doing what is required in an almost identical situation.

And it is mentioned, every time Curbishley is brought up, he had Carlos Tevez, too, West Ham has been sued for millions for fielding Tevez and Mascherano. Curbishley did not get them, they came in under Pardew. West Ham lost millions and 2-3 years later, got relegated. Too, they scored a dodgy goal at Ewood to stay up.

But otherwise, Curbs is probably a good manager but I dont' think West Ham made their great escape until Curbs caved in and played Tevez.

Curbishley separated from West Ham, it was constructive dismissal I believe, WHU transferred players, I'm thinking Anton Ferdinand and perhaps others and Curbishley left and he sued WHU and was successful for that but at least he walked.

O'Neill walked. Of course, he's not available.

These kinds who would not let the board or higherups be the final say it would seem clear would not get along with Venkys.

Please be wrong about this ! I really think my life long love affair with Rovers could finally be over if they even considered appointing another SEM/Kentaro client.

Whilst not happy with any SEM connection, Jones is good football man. Good playing career, served his time at a lower league club, Stockport (unlike Keane) and did a great job there, he did well at Southampton, got Wolves promoted after they had been trying for years and did pretty well at cardiff whilst off the field they were in financial meltdown. Certainly not my first choice, but he is due some respect and would be 50 times better than the clown we have currently.

Whilst not happy with any SEM connection, Jones is good football man. Good playing career, served his time at a lower league club, Stockport (unlike Keane) and did a great job there, he did well at Southampton, got Wolves promoted after they had been trying for years and did pretty well at cardiff whilst off the field they were in financial meltdown. Certainly not my first choice, but he is due some respect and would be 50 times better than the clown we have currently.

what must be said is that he worked on a shoe string budget at times during his reign at cardiff, he developed the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley, Adam Matthews and Chris Gunter.

Venky's will see him as an experienced manager who is capable of giving a good fight in a bid to stay in the league and if worst come to the worst, he is a guy who can get us back up. He has a track record of promoting youngstars and dabbling in the bargin basement. In fairness, he ticks all of venkys boxes.

what must be said is that he worked on a shoe string budget at times during his reign at cardiff, he developed the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley, Adam Matthews and Chris Gunter.

Venky's will see him as an experienced manager who is capable of giving a good fight in a bid to stay in the league and if worst come to the worst, he is a guy who can get us back up. He has a track record of promoting youngstars and dabbling in the bargin basement. In fairness, he ticks all of venkys boxes.

I would take Shearer over Kean anyday of the week!!! He wouldn't be my 1st choice but he would be on the Shotlist for me.

My 1st choice would be Hughes but just don't think he would work for these owners!

Curbs would be next on my list but yet again would he work for venkys or move up North.

Grant NO THANKS!!!

Don't think Benitez or Ancelotti would come to rovers for sure.

OLS, Bilic or Schuster don't have PL experience and big gamble.

Souness is option till end of the season but not beyond that for me.

Sven, Jones, Smith, Keegan and Hoddle are decent options but I just don't know if keep us up tho.

Maybe if Shearer or Souness came in as manager with Ray Wilkins as number 2 I would probably go for that till the end of the season. could be rovers best option.

One thing is certain - the calibre of the manager will most likely be a good indication of our owners ambition.

If they manage to get Hughes back - it must surely be with the promise of transfer funds - and a promise of more club stability. Why do I feel we will end up with the cheap option :angry2:

Id like to see a management duo of shearer and sherwood. I hear sherwood is very popular at spurs with the players and is tipped to go far....They will get us back up first time.

Two people with no managerial experience. Just because you are a good player does not mean you are a good manager. Same with Kean, a good coach doesn't make a good manager. We need someone with experience of the league and someone who has been in a relegation dog fight. My first choice would be Hughes (but it will never happen), Curbisley is my second choice and Stevie Mac the third.

Guus Hiddink. He's currently without a club or country to manage isn't he?

He may fancy another stint in the Premier League albeit at the different end of the league table. He can't have been involved in many relegation battles and the challenge may entice him. Offer him a very large bonus to keep us up and see what he says.

Archived