BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bruce/Grant or Kean

sns4ever

If you thought the club was going to go down and you invested your money trying to get the club to stay up you would lose it, if you invest nothing it's very easy to walk away as all the debt is on the club would this be right?

I am not a money man and would not know about these things but nothing adds up, they dont want to sell (because they had an offer maybe) and turned it down they wont make the right decisions to keep us up so their interest is what?

The only viable explanation is that there are outside influences telling them wrong information, either that or they are Burnley fans or never had an offer for club.

Sunderlands fans wanted Bruce out as manager as we want Kean out... the difference is Bruce got more expericen and he's very good building teams from the defense..... but my first choice would be Mark Hughes anyday...but I wonder if Hughes would stay if we got relegated? maybe? He did join us as a player in championship and could become a cult hero at Rovers if coming here and turning it around. He would like to have transfer assurances.

I can't believe we are entertaining the merest possibility of Grant - 2010 Portsmouth, 2011 West Ham, 2012 Rovers .......really ? If he relegates 3 in 3 does he get a special trophy ?

You really think Grant coming in at this stage will be the reason we are relegated.

As far as I can see, this is a free 5 month payday for any competent manager. Blame free!

Honestly, if Grant and Bruce are the best we can do, I'd rather stick than twist. Both are very poor managers, and we would get relegated still with either. I'd say Bruce is marginally better than Kean, but I can't stand the man (not that I can stand Kean, mind). He is also very wasteful with a budget...his saving grace is that his only good managerial spell was when he had no real money (as will be the case here).

Honestly, if Grant and Bruce are the best we can do, I'd rather stick than twist. Both are very poor managers, and we would get relegated still with either. I'd say Bruce is marginally better than Kean, but I can't stand the man (not that I can stand Kean, mind). He is also very wasteful with a budget...his saving grace is that his only good managerial spell was when he had no real money (as will be the case here). I know we are not a tasty prospect now, but venkys must aim higher than these blunderers or we are down and buried.

I don't know what Bruce's problem was, I do think Sunderland maintained a decent defence with him there so for that, I would prefer Bruce.

The flip side is I guess the beef with him is that they spent millions on players without much to show for it and that is a big down point.

Sunderland will probably finish this year comfortably and maybe even make the top 10.

In the real world, i wouldn't want either of them. But in the Mad Venkys Owning Rovers World that we all currently reside in, i'd take either ahead of the weasel that is Kean.

To be fair to Bruce, he would probably give us a much better chance of staying up than Grant would. The thing that worries me most with Bruce though is that he would frighten me to death if he ever got a sizeable budget to spend.

Archived