BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where does the protest go now?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which thread to reply to you in as you've posted this in several.

I think it's a bold suggestion but ultimately idealistic and destined to fail. People are not going to do laps of the ground at the best of times and certainly not on a cold, wet, January afternoon.

The only way to get numbers is spontaneous, sustained and direct chants during the game, aimed at Venkys - and even that might not be enough.

I'm much more convinced by Jan's suggestion of going to the bank. This would need to be done with the backing of some senior figures (Jack Straw, Kate Hollern, etc). Think of it like chemotherapy. It's risky, it means getting worse before getting better but ultimately might save the club.

If you feel that getting 10,000 fans to circle the ground is more difficult than getting jack straw to step in and take action i would like to know what constituency you have been living in for the last 20 years.

If you feel that getting 10,000 fans to circle the ground is more difficult than getting jack straw to step in and take action i would like to know what constituency you have been living in for the last 20 years.

Convincing 10,000 people or convincing 1 person. Yes, I see what you mean, the odds are stacked in your favour.

Besides he has already started getting involved in the debate. You might be surprised.

Look I'm not just trying to squash your idea and I admire your enthusiasm but it's got to be practical.

I'm much more convinced by Jan's suggestion of going to the bank. This would need to be done with the backing of some senior figures (Jack Straw, Kate Hollern, etc). Think of it like chemotherapy. It's risky, it means getting worse before getting better but ultimately might save the club.

Think I'm like you Jisty - six weeks ago or whatever it was that Glen first got things organised, with hindsight everything was for relatively small stakes. Stakes are now much higher and risk goes hand-in-hand. Jan had some good suggestions, but whatever is done there are bound to be dissenting voices cos stakes are now so high.

Imho, one thing that is needed is a concerted effort to gain support from fans of other teams all over the country. Despite reports to the contrary there are some who don't swallow the tripe from Kean and his luvvies but actually sympathise with us. Some would even protest alongside us. Every club is one dodgy owner away from oblivion.

Many other clubs have had their own serious problems with inept, greedy and asset stripping owners - yet they have helped other clubs fans in their hour of need and organised many many protests. And I am sure their protest organisers would offer help to ours if they knew exactly what the basis for our growing concerns are.

In order to help dispel the perceived knee jerk nature of the protests and to add more credence to the protests – I reckon the protest group needs a name.

Whilst the current consensus of us being a vicious unorganised rabble, that are viewed as targeting Steve Kean for no apparent reason, remains - we will struggle to educate the ignorant masses.

Sadly time is of the essence. With the benefit of hindsight the much-touted supporters trust would have been formed and could have carried the mandate for having our voices heard. A supporters trust is an excellent idea but during times of relative stability the need for one isn’t deemed overly necessary. Now it is, but as I said time is of the essence. We have to run with what we have and increase the excellent momentum already started, in the same peaceful way.

Every press release by Kean and those that think he is a good manager must be challenged with a counter press release.

The F.A. and premier league need lobbying to take up our concerns with venkys.

Get Jack Straw to raise our concerns in Parliament - now that would provide great exposure.

Venkys, Kean, the players and all the hangers on will be gone eventually, we are here forever, we are Rovers we cannot allow our club to befall a fate that was unimaginable just over a year ago!!!!!!!

I posted in another thread we should be contacting supporters groups and putting out some form of joint statement in response to the "one of our own" LMA crap. I just don't have the contacts to do so but surely others on here do.

I think, if about 10 minutes into the Stoke game, everyone left their seat and spent the next 10 minutes in the concourse leaving row upon row of empty seats. Then, en masse, everyone return to their seat and start to chant anti Venky's and/or anti Kean stuff. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Whilst watching Grasshoppers in the past it was interesting to see (and hear) how much noise their fans generate with only a fraction of the number that attend in relation to Ewood. All the singers congregate in one or two blocks and there is a choriographer who gets each chant going. There was one particular chant that had a couple of words (I'm thinking Kean Out here)followed by five seconda silence then another two words, followed by silence and so on. The guy got everyone to be silent via hand signals, then the two words absolutely bellowed out. Sounds a bit cheesy but it sounded really loud. If the whole of the Blackburn End was completely silent and then suddenly 'Kean Out' thundered out, followed by silence, it would have a dramatic effect. Repeat as many times a necessary.

I think, if about 10 minutes into the Stoke game, everyone left their seat and spent the next 10 minutes in the concourse leaving row upon row of empty seats. Then, en masse, everyone return to their seat and start to chant anti Venky's and/or anti Kean stuff. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Whilst watching Grasshoppers in the past it was interesting to see (and hear) how much noise their fans generate with only a fraction of the number that attend in relation to Ewood. All the singers congregate in one or two blocks and there is a choriographer who gets each chant going. There was one particular chant that had a couple of words (I'm thinking Kean Out here)followed by five seconda silence then another two words, followed by silence and so on. The guy got everyone to be silent via hand signals, then the two words absolutely bellowed out. Sounds a bit cheesy but it sounded really loud. If the whole of the Blackburn End was completely silent and then suddenly 'Kean Out' thundered out, followed by silence, it would have a dramatic effect. Repeat as many times a necessary.

It's not possible to get everyone to chant when we are losing 2-0 to Bolton, there's no way they'll form a choir!

I am not pro-protest against Kean as it has allowed the prats in the cozy football professional community to abuse the fans and denigrate their natural unhappiness with the situation.

However here is a thought, a large proportion of the crowd are showing their discontent by sitting silently at the ground, the noisiest fans are traditionally the ones in the Darwen End. How about a truly silent protest, sitting with arms folded? A silent Ewood? Perhaps that might have a real impact, I'm sure it will adversely affect the team but the current (understandable) abuse isn't helping either so I don't see how it can get any worse.

Just a thought.

I am not pro-protest against Kean as it has allowed the prats in the cozy football professional community to abuse the fans and denigrate their natural unhappiness with the situation.

However here is a thought, a large proportion of the crowd are showing their discontent by sitting silently at the ground, the noisiest fans are traditionally the ones in the Darwen End. How about a truly silent protest, sitting with arms folded? A silent Ewood? Perhaps that might have a real impact, I'm sure it will adversely affect the team but the current (understandable) abuse isn't helping either so I don't see how it can get any worse.

Just a thought.

It would be too difficult to co-ordinate and the away fans would have a field day. The focus of the protest should shift more towards Venkeys rather than personnel attacks on Kean.

Just a thought.

I like this idea. It will definitely sit right with most of the Ewood crowd.

However it needs to be visual as well. How about yellow and black masking tape in a cross, across the mouths of the protesters?

• Moderation Lead

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but what's the crack with the meeting with Steve Kean?

I'm on holiday at the minute, and quite out of the loop with all things football!

I like this idea. It will definitely sit right with most of the Ewood crowd.

However it needs to be visual as well. How about yellow and black masking tape in a cross, across the mouths of the protesters?

Are we allowed a hole to put the straw in for the half time pint? :wacko:

I posted in another thread we should be contacting supporters groups and putting out some form of joint statement in response to the "one of our own" LMA crap. I just don't have the contacts to do so but surely others on here do.

You would think that this is something that the Fans Forum members would promote ... oh wait, I forgot they are waiting for a call from Balaji!

Are we allowed a hole to put the straw in for the half time pint? :wacko:

:lol: That'd look great on MOTD, wouldn't it?!

You'd have to forego the half time pint, and pie, I'm afraid. Besides you wouldn't get to the bar, what with all those people off the concourse every 10 minutes.

It's not possible to get everyone to chant when we are losing 2-0 to Bolton, there's no way they'll form a choir!

So why can 1500 in Zurich do it, but 5000 on the Blackburn End can't?

There could be a few reasons, but I think the main one is that most folk don't give a flying one or at least if they do, they won't do anything about it.

We joined the demo outside the main offices after the Bolton game and the number of Rovers fans meekly walking by was unbelievable.

So why can 1500 in Zurich do it, but 5000 on the Blackburn End can't?

There could be a few reasons, but I think the main one is that most folk don't give a flying one or at least if they do, they won't do anything about it.

We joined the demo outside the main offices after the Bolton game and the number of Rovers fans meekly walking by was unbelievable.

I wanted to join the protest outside the players entrance but an officer of the law informed me this was not to be allowed. :!:

For the next game could we not higher a laser show to be projected on the hill behind walker steel stand scrolling through all the ridiculous quotes and ending with kean out! Just an idea. Or project in the sky, dont know if it can be done. Could couple that with 90 min of silence.

Do we have a solicitor amongst our BRFCS members?

I have an idea which I would like us to explore, should the worse happen and rovers find themselves in financial ruin or administration. If we do, could you please PM me Thank You

My dad's a solicitor and should be seeing him in the morning, so could ask and see if e can give any advice to pass on?

Archived