BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where does the protest go now?

Do we have a solicitor amongst our BRFCS members?

I have an idea which I would like us to explore, should the worse happen and rovers find themselves in financial ruin or administration. If we do, could you please PM me Thank You

thing is glen how close are we to administration. if venkys dont put the £10 million in i cant see it having an effect untill at least march. administration might be the best chance we get rid of venkys with the bank forcing a sale. We all dont want to see rovers in administration but it might be the best chance to get rid of venkys

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You would think that this is something that the Fans Forum members would promote ...

I fully agree and hope something can be agreed but there is 20 or so members do agreeing something like that can be hard as not everyone thinks the same.

Pre meet in a couple of weeks but I fear that will be too late

I know it's been suggested before but the one of the best ideas I've seen is Anti-Venkys banners at India international cricket games or in the IPL games, For me this would be the best way we could affect them on a national scale on their own doorstep. Considering the massive amount of the population that watch the sport over there I think this could really hammer the message home.

Any willing Indian Rovers fans out there?

Maybe we should start planning protests a little further in advance. Not every fan reads this board and it takes a while for word to spread.

Maybe we should start planning protests for the last home game of the season NOW, if we plan it this far in advance and go with something like a boycott we could probably get a stadium that's 90-95% empty and 1000's protesting outside for the 90 minutes. I'd have loved to have attended the last protest outside the training ground but I'm living in Leicester and it's hard for me to get time off work unless I can give 4 weeks notice.

I'm not prepared to give Venky's any of my money but I'll damn sure come up for a protest outside the ground against those scumbags. With this much time to plan we could pull off a huge and memorable protest that might make it's way into the Indian papers and onto the Indian sports/news channels.

I know it's been suggested before but the one of the best ideas I've seen is Anti-Venkys banners at India international cricket games or in the IPL games, For me this would be the best way we could affect them on a national scale on their own doorstep. Considering the massive amount of the population that watch the sport over there I think this could really hammer the message home.

Any willing Indian Rovers fans out there?

They are touring Australia until the end of February so it could be a job for the fans down under.

Just an idea now that Kean has played his "scared of the fans" card - banging on about safe environments.

How about unleashing the fairer sex on him - Organise a protest for the BRFC ladies. He would lose the intimidation card straight away and the press would love it. They could also directly target The Desai woman - Setting back female involvement in football years with her lack of insight etc?

Disclaimer: Before any ladies lynch me, I am fully aware you would probably dismantle kean piece by piece :o

I fully agree and hope something can be agreed but there is 20 or so members do agreeing something like that can be hard as not everyone thinks the same.

Pre meet in a couple of weeks but I fear that will be too late

I imagine there are people on the FF who welcome the LMA statement and support from other managers. Even now.

Good luck with that!

Just an idea now that Kean has played his "scared of the fans" card - banging on about safe environments.

How about unleashing the fairer sex on him - Organise a protest for the BRFC ladies. He would lose the intimidation card straight away and the press would love it. They could also directly target The Desai woman - Setting back female involvement in football years with her lack of insight etc?

Disclaimer: Before any ladies lynch me, I am fully aware you would probably dismantle kean piece by piece :o

Ignore me.

With the LT now firmly on our side has anyone contacted them with the idea of publishing details of a protest in the New Year. Their local readership could be a massive help in arranging a much bigger much more effective protest.

This is a great point. Any protest such as a boycott could be drummed up or organised via the LET! :brfcsmilie:

What about educating the media about why we are protesting. Rather than just Kean Out banners how about...

"Why did we sign Myles Anderson?"

"Why was John Williams sacked?"

"Why was Allardyce sacked?"

"How can you run a football club from another continent?"

"What happened to the transfer funds you promised?"

"Why have Jones, Emerton, Kallinic and Diouf all been sold?"

"We don't care what Fergie says!"

"Where are Venky's?"

"Why has Kean not been sacked?"

"Why did Venky's appoint a manager with zero managerial experience?"

"HELP - Our club is being asset stripped"

What about educating the media about why we are protesting. Rather than just Kean Out banners how about...

"Why did we sign Myles Anderson?"

"Why was John Williams sacked?"

"Why was Allardyce sacked?"

"How can you run a football club from another continent?"

"What happened to the transfer funds you promised?"

"Why have Jones, Emerton, Kallinic and Diouf all been sold?"

"We don't care what Fergie says!"

"Where are Venky's?"

"Why has Kean not been sacked?"

"Why did Venky's appoint a manager with zero managerial experience?"

"HELP - Our club is being asset stripped"

Yes the press love a banner picture-

SEM/Kentaro out of our club (might shut a few a few pundits up)

Bungs Galore at Ewood.

Anderson Out (this one is getting other fans talking)

Increasingly thinking these wouldn't provoke those that matter into action, but what's happening with any meetings that were planned with the club? I'd got it into my head that there were a couple in the pipeline

1 - the one resulting from the trade-off of no organised protests, agreed a couple of weeks ago. I think Kean was being lined up for this one.

2 - not sure who was involved from the club side, but at least Jack Straw, BwD Council (Kate Hollern?), WEC (Wayne Wild?), and probably some fans representatives

Not sure if Glen was involved with both. I know things things are fast moving, but are these still planned to happen (genuine question)?

Increasingly thinking these wouldn't provoke those that matter into action, but what's happening with any meetings that were planned with the club? I'd got it into my head that there were a couple in the pipeline

1 - the one resulting from the trade-off of no organised protests, agreed a couple of weeks ago. I think Kean was being lined up for this one.

2 - not sure who was involved from the club side, but at least Jack Straw, BwD Council (Kate Hollern?), WEC (Wayne Wild?), and probably some fans representatives

Not sure if Glen was involved with both. I know things things are fast moving, but are these still planned to happen (genuine question)?

After the two match truce of no organised protesting, the club cancelled the planned meeting , seems there's a lot more snakes at Ewood than first thought

After the two match truce of no organised protesting, the club cancelled the planned meeting , seems there's a lot more snakes at Ewood than first thought

Since John Williams and Tom Finn have left has anyone within the club's administration demonstrated any sort of integrity?

Since John Williams and Tom Finn have left has anyone within the club's administration demonstrated any sort of integrity?

Think the kit man is still doing a decent job of it, perhaps rajahs discount wash and press in Bangalore wasn't discounted enough with delivery charges for the chicken overlords to get rid of him

Archived