BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

Embarrassing, when we had 11 men Arsenal looked like they had 15, when we had 10 men Arsenal looked like they had 20 and our players were wheelie bins.

Totally outclassed by Arsenal's total football, The gulf in class today showed why we ae bottom 3 and sadly for the first time this season, had me thinking we are not good enough for the Premiership.

We have parted ways with so many players (I'm sure some will say that the ones who went don't matter, or they wouldnt get a game) I do not agree. We have lost invaluable experience, experience which is needed both on and off the pitch. We lack leadersh. both on and off the pitch, whilst the team is limping into the Championship with no real fight. Those players did not play for Kean today, and there was moments when I actually thought certain players looked like they was on the verge of saying "Oh sod it and walking off"

Rovers will go down this season, because they deserve to go down, Every decision which has been made over the last 14 months, has had a detrimental effect on the club. If you make poor decisions all the time then you face the consequences.

However the only ones hurting are the supporters.

Employee's and players can find new jobs, new clubs, We as supporters can't change our colours or club as its etched into us from birth. I don't recognise Rovers anymore and we have been in the third tier of English football.

The goals we let in today were just to damn easy for Arsenal, We had no counter to deal with Walcott, or Chamberlain, and Van persie scored 3 of the easiest goals he will get this season.

I lost count the amount of times N'Zonzi came striding out with the ball, only to lift his head up and have no out ball, or pass on. 7-1 at Arsenal is not a nice feeling, but we will not be the first or last team to suffer a heavy defeat like that. It will go down as another loss, and one which was expected. However the window is now slammed shut, and 2 games later equals no points. Another suspension picked up, and our squad has so many players who wont get near the first 11.

We need a miracle to stay up, but a bigger miracle to rid this club of Venkys

Spot on Glen.

Embarassing.

The team is not good enough to be in the Premier League, and the only reason why we are not totally adrift at the bottom is due to a very small handful of players who have kept us almost ... well.. I won't go as far to use the word 'respectable', but at least 'not-laughable'.

This performance was laughable - becuase those players weren't on the field. And a rash tackle from one of our better players saw us even more depleted. We had no captain out there to pull together a strategy. We had no manager putting a strategy to the captain in the first place. If this is what we are without Samba and Yak on the pitch, then we are barely Championship material.

I agree with the previous post that said we can't blame the players. Journeymen put on the pitch and expected to compete with premier league quality are not going to cut it. But you can't blame our journeymen for their level of talent. Blame the clueless pretenders who have put them out there to carry out a task they are clearly not up to.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sadly for the first time this season, had me thinking we are not good enough for the Premiership.

What took you so long ? The warning signs were there in the second half of last season. For me it was obvious from the first day of this season.

What a debacle. Absolute f'ing debacle. We may as well have the Benny Hill theme music playing in the background when Fox Soccer Channel shows the weekly highlights tomorrow night.

Seriously, how can anyone tolerate this garbage week after week? Arsenal have been utterly lifeless for a month. Yet to win in 2012 and couldn't score in a freaking brothel while at Bolton. Not to worry...here come Kean's Rovers, and they've got the thigh-highs on! Legs in the air, gentlemen! Legs in the air. And speaking of, I really hope Paul Robinson didn't drop his purse while trying to make a handful of those saves.

Why don't you just save me the time from watching? There's a saying in pro sports in the US: "You are what your record says you are." And that's exactly what applies to Rovers...the table accurately reflects the sorry leadership we're cursed with. I can't stomach this rubbish anymore. I just can't. It's like watching 400-lb people eat cake. You almost feel sorry for them until you realize that's just who they are and they're going to kill themselves anyway. It would seriously be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Kean: "We picked up a injury to Jason Lowe, Givet will now be suspended for three matches so it was costly for us. This was the first time we really got turned over, so we will have to analyse it and respond."

Spare me. It doesn't help to have missing players...but horrific management is what will ultimately cost us our PL status. Besides, whether we lost 1-0 or 14-1, it really doesn't matter since the relegation fight likely won't come down to goal differential anyway.

As far as player ratings, give everyone a zero...except MGP for his masterful free kick. Van Persie was in top form, but the Gooners didn't need him to be. He could have been blindfolded, high and drunk...and he still could have scored a brace easily. Theo Walcott was terrible on Wednesday at Bolton, yet he stood there..."Who needs the football? Who wants to make a big play?" and handed out assists like Halloween candy. "Hey, there's a bloke from our reserve squad getting time because this is such a lopsided affair!" Boom...goal. "Hey, there's my old roommate from the youth squad!" Boom...goal. "Ah, let me not forget about our left fullback...even though I slept with his wife." Boom...goal.

Big Sam was canned after a similar result against Arsenal last season. Please, Venkys...do the right thing by doing the SAME thing.

The sad thing is we were hammered by an Arsenal side who have lost two and drawn the other of their last three PL games, I know it was the Emirates and games there are always tough, but the deluded one can hardly claim we got a pasting off a form team. Perhaps we were just missing Nelsen.

Venkys are a disgrace. And cowards. If they had either brains or balls Kean would not be the manager and the Rovers would be mid-table.

Everything about the last 12+ months is the result if Venkys' incompetence. Words can't express the contempt I feel towards the Raos.

Somebody please answer this: if Rovers and the Venky's UK operation cannot meet payments to Barclays, then are their Indian operations liable? If so we won't go into administration if relegated. And we win't lose 15 points and a ticket to League One.

Barclays money as I understand things, is secured only against the assets of Venkys London and BRFC, Not any other of their companies, there are no cross guarantees.

Venkys are a disgrace. And cowards. If they had either brains or balls Kean would not be the manager and the Rovers would be mid-table.

Everything about the last 12+ months is the result if Venkys' incompetence. Words can't express the contempt I feel towards the Raos.

Nearly every decision they have made since buying the club has been the wrong one. How can they sit in India and not be concerned with what is going on? They are the owners! Would they just sit idly by and watch one of their other businesses go down the tubes? Surely they see what and the where the club was before they bought them. Compare it to what it is now. It's taken a little over a year to get to this situation. I just don't understand how they think the way the club is being run is a formula for success. It's obvious that it's not working. We just got beaten 7-1 and sit 19th in the league. We have been at the bottom end of the league more or less since Kean's been in charge. The finances are in mess. There is no structure in the way the club operates. Yet they continue to do nothing. It's an example of breathtakingly bad mismanagement and apathy toward something that means so much to so many.

I changed my stance and decided to go to another Rovers game - was my first one of the season yesterday's match, really glad I went....

Some Arsenal fans were debating whether we were the worst team they have played over the past few years.

What a debacle. Absolute f'ing debacle. We may as well have the Benny Hill theme music playing in the background when Fox Soccer Channel shows the weekly highlights tomorrow night.

Seriously, how can anyone tolerate this garbage week after week? Arsenal have been utterly lifeless for a month. Yet to win in 2012 and couldn't score in a freaking brothel while at Bolton. Not to worry...here come Kean's Rovers, and they've got the thigh-highs on! Legs in the air, gentlemen! Legs in the air. And speaking of, I really hope Paul Robinson didn't drop his purse while trying to make a handful of those saves.

Why don't you just save me the time from watching? There's a saying in pro sports in the US: "You are what your record says you are." And that's exactly what applies to Rovers...the table accurately reflects the sorry leadership we're cursed with. I can't stomach this rubbish anymore. I just can't. It's like watching 400-lb people eat cake. You almost feel sorry for them until you realize that's just who they are and they're going to kill themselves anyway. It would seriously be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Kean: "We picked up a injury to Jason Lowe, Givet will now be suspended for three matches so it was costly for us. This was the first time we really got turned over, so we will have to analyse it and respond."

Spare me. It doesn't help to have missing players...but horrific management is what will ultimately cost us our PL status. Besides, whether we lost 1-0 or 14-1, it really doesn't matter since the relegation fight likely won't come down to goal differential anyway.

As far as player ratings, give everyone a zero...except MGP for his masterful free kick. Van Persie was in top form, but the Gooners didn't need him to be. He could have been blindfolded, high and drunk...and he still could have scored a brace easily. Theo Walcott was terrible on Wednesday at Bolton, yet he stood there..."Who needs the football? Who wants to make a big play?" and handed out assists like Halloween candy. "Hey, there's a bloke from our reserve squad getting time because this is such a lopsided affair!" Boom...goal. "Hey, there's my old roommate from the youth squad!" Boom...goal. "Ah, let me not forget about our left fullback...even though I slept with his wife." Boom...goal.

Big Sam was canned after a similar result against Arsenal last season. Please, Venkys...do the right thing by doing the SAME thing.

Careful what you wish for..... btw who is our third string coach these days? :rolleyes:

Watch MOTD after the main bit they analyse each goal! Just keep your eye on Dann and Petrovic during it! It is shocking how many of those goals could have been avoided had the DMF been in the right position and made a tackle.

MoTD. :angry2: Ages spent eulogising about the Arse and just as Lawrenson was asked to comment on BRFC (for which despite the media clamp down on BRFC supporters he could not fail to criticise the manager and the owners) the bald headed conceited geordie git who owes almost everything he has to our club cut in and interrupted him to make yet another dreary comment about the Arse.

GUYS just wondering .... i just saw the replay of givet red-card ... did anybody catch the slow motion ...when givet was leaving the pitch ..just before entering the tunnel he was giving the thumbs-up ..... hardly the reaction of someone disappointed ...

GUYS just wondering .... i just saw the replay of givet red-card ... did anybody catch the slow motion ...when givet was leaving the pitch ..just before entering the tunnel he was giving the thumbs-up ..... hardly the reaction of someone disappointed ...

He was apologising to the Arsenal bench.

Maybe he was saying he wasn't hurt?

Or maybe he acknowledged a wink from Kean which said, "Cheers matey, you've given me another great excuse for the next 4 games"?

Was at match. Arsenal fan after commented on how bad Olsson was. Eight shots on target for them, seven goals. How does Robinson manage to make none of them his fault? Modeste did not look quick or strong. Looked a but like a younger, taller Benni McCarthy, with less skill who (see Newcastle match) can't shoot. Knew we would get turned over when Kiscielny beat Modeste and Hoilett to through balls. Hoilett looked fat! Oxlade-Chanberlain had Lowe for lunch. Still feel sorry for poor lady's injury. Givet's cost us 3 in GD with sending off. Why take Dunn off then and leave Petrovich. Dann doesn't look even a good Championship defender. Wolves have a bit of steel about them. We're MUCH worse v Arse than Bolton. Looks like us and Wigan getting cast adrift.

I mean poor LAD's injury. Typo. Sorry.

He was canned after bolton defeat but venkys gave a 7-1 thrashing by united as the reasoning (not arsenal)

What took you so long ? The warning signs were there in the second half of last season. For me it was obvious from the first day of this season.

Correct , you were the one that opened the topic after the wolves game in August ..I thought it was Mercerman , the other day sorry .

Maybe he was saying he wasn't hurt?

Or maybe he acknowledged a wink from Kean which said, "Cheers matey, you've given me another great excuse for the next 4 games"?

Or maybe Givet has had enough too ...The players must realise kean is a conman of epic proportions ..

After all he is a centre half , and playing with Dann cannot be easy compared with Nelsen or Samba ...

Just a thought ..

There are previous posts saying that after the Gooners goals went in, there was no finger pointing, and for me this was one of the most disappointing aspects of the display. When RVP scored in 1min20, all players turned, pulled up socks and made their way to a position for the restart. It was almost as if they were expecting to concede early and were resigned to defeat.

After all the goals there was no frustrated players saying "why didn't you close him down", or "your positioning was terrible". No passion, no strong will to try, no leadership , no hope. Just from the body language of the players after the first goal, it was easy to see this could be a rolling over, and a rolling over it was.

Correct , you were the one that opened the topic after the wolves game in August ..I thought it was Mercerman , the other day sorry .

Jim opened the topic just after Allardyce was sacked. By sheer good fortune with our woodwork clattered weekly through April and a MU side playing down the clock for a draw we squeaked to safety on the last day of the season. Jim simply opened another last august.

Archived