BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

In addition in a meeting with club officials it was stated and has since been confirmed that the Rao family hate the yellow and black away strip.

Haha, I think that could be the only thing the Rao's and most Rovers fans agree on! Common ground at last :mellow:

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then how come we wear the yellow n' black kit even when it's not necessary?

They have been wearing it and reduced prices of the tops to £15 to try a nullify the impact of the growing protest colours, even all the scarf sellers are selling yellow and black,

The club have confirmed the colour impact has hit Venkys more than more protest, and its the one which worries them the most, however some people also feel it alienates the group from everyone else, so we are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place

They have been wearing it and reduced prices of the tops to £15 to try a nullify the impact of the growing protest colours, even all the scarf sellers are selling yellow and black,

The club have confirmed the colour impact has hit Venkys more than more protest, and its the one which worries them the most, however some people also feel it alienates the group from everyone else, so we are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place

Wearing the away colours - chosen by the club, not the supporters - upsets Venkys?

They really need to get out of this game and fast.

The yellow and black has had certainly grown popular with the fans and is growing game by game. I don't know about other area's but in the Darwen End every other person seems to be wearing it in some form...

Yeah, it's because the club shop are selling them cheap. :P

• Backroom

Yeah, it's because the club shop are selling them cheap. :P

Also due to a large amount of BRAG moving to the Darwen End, I saw the odd scarf in No1 last week but not too much.

Something like yellow is a good colour though (although I personally don't see the need for dedicated colours, I think wearing the famous blue and white makes more a statement by and seems more like standing side by side with all fans) as yellow stands out and you notice it instantly.

Also due to a large amount of BRAG moving to the Darwen End, I saw the odd scarf in No1 last week but not too much.

Something like yellow is a good colour though (although I personally don't see the need for dedicated colours, I think wearing the famous blue and white makes more a statement by and seems more like standing side by side with all fans) as yellow stands out and you notice it instantly.

I noticed at the last home game the protest movement seemed to have moved to the Darwen end.

I also noticed a lot of empty seats both in the BBE and JW.

Then how come we wear the yellow n' black kit even when it's not necessary?

I'm sure I read somewhere that teams HAVE to wear the second strip a set number of times per season to justify having one and more importantly to justify bringing a new second strip out on a regular basis

Ohmi has a good point but it's worth noting BRAG committee members have been trying to stop people using terms like Rovers Fans.

Tremblers is just as bad a term

Introduced on here by one of the Fan's Forum members who went to Pune!

There is an open floor meeting at the Manxman tomorrow. It is open everyone from every side of the argument.

It may not be some people's first choice venue. But it is free and they are welcoming hosts.

If we are serious about finding a common way forward I urge you to attend.

Well with that much notice I'm sure it'll be packed out. I'm sure all Rovers fans from every demographic will be well represented. What time does it start again?

All the best.

I noticed at the last home game the protest movement seemed to have moved to the Darwen end.

I also noticed a lot of empty seats both in the BBE and JW.

Yes many of us have moved over to the Darwen end, and the atmosphere in the Darwen end against QPR was electric, the loudest I can remember from any stand for a long long time

I'm sure I read somewhere that teams HAVE to wear the second strip a set number of times per season to justify having one and more importantly to justify bringing a new second strip out on a regular basis

Since when? It's never happened in previous seasons.

Archived